Walleye with Manitoubass2

limeyangler

Hi All,

Had a great day on Rainy river with manitoubass2 and his buddy Harvey. I had been threatening to come down there for about 2 years...finally made it...and well worth the trip if you ever get the chance to fish Rainy river...but better hire harvey as your guide...the river is not to be messed with.

AFTER A LONG TRIP DOWN WE HIT THE RIVER ALMOST RIGHT AWAY...MISTY MORNING!

111-1.jpg

112-1.jpg

113-1.jpg

114-1.jpg

THE MIST CLEARED IN TIME FOR THE RAPIDS.....

115-1.jpg

116-1.jpg

AND THE FISHING STARTED AS SOON AS WE POSITIONED WITH THE ANCHOR.....COME ON...WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!

117.jpg

HARVEY WAS AN AWESOME GUIDE FOR THE DAY...SEASONED TOURNAMENT ANGLERS IN THE BOAT ALWAYS A PLUS!

118.jpg

AND IT WASN'T LONG BEFORE RICK AND MYSELF GOT INTO A FEW TOO, AND THE FISH STARTED TO FLY....LITERALLY

122.jpg

119.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

123.jpg

THE BITE SLOWED AT THE FIRST RAPIDS SO WE HEADED BACK UPSTREAM TO RICK'S BASECAMP

124-1.jpg

WE FISHED FOR THE REST OF THE AFTERNOON IN FRONT OF THE SMALL CABIN, WITH A FEW BREAKS ON SHORE.

126.jpg

128.jpg

WE HAD A SIDE COMPETION FOR THE SMALLEST OF THE DAY...WONT KNOW THE RESULTS UNTIL RICK POSTS HIS PICS

127.jpg

WE CALLED IT A DAY AROUND 3PM....AND HARVEY COOKED SOME OF THE FISH WE CAUGHT....DELICIOUS.....AND RICK'S BOYS CAME DOWN TO HANG OUT....GREAT KIDS.

129.jpg

130.jpg

131.jpg

All in all a great day out with a great bunch of folks. River fishing takes a bit of getting used to....but I LIKE IT...different.

HERE'S SOME VIDEO OF THE DAY...EXPLETIVES BLEEPED...KINDA.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CCHybHtDOlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some really big fish live in this body of water...and it was cool to watch the Sturgeon surfacing every few minutes. Lots of bass in here too, at one point one nearly jumped into the boat!

Thanks Rick....thanks Harvey...memorable!

Thanks again for coming down Limey, it was great to fish with someone from OFC and your a real treat to fish with! My only regret was time, lol. Next time, you gotta stay for a night or two for sure. I can't wait to meet you half way and go fish some trout this winter!!! Gonna be great!

Limeys MONSTER WALLEYE!!!

Oct22withlimey039.jpg

"FISH ON!" was pretty common phrase for the day

Oct22withlimey035.jpg

A muskrat made of with my rod 3 days ago while shore fishing. Luckily, the current pulled it back and three days later, Limey snags it up for me!!! Thanks again man, much appreciated!

Oct22withlimey031.jpg

This guy will outfish you, everytime. Hes a great guide and an even better friend thumbsup_anim.gif

Oct22withlimey024.jpg

We caught the heck outta fish this size

Oct22withlimey021.jpg

picture of a picture, how artsy!

Oct22withlimey017.jpg

Another chunky lil guy

Oct22withlimey015.jpg

Limey with another clean falleye!

Oct22withlimey009.jpg

The visibility in the morning was slim to none. Thankfully, Harvey knows this river inside and out, and kept everyone safe

Oct22withlimey008.jpg

One of the better fish for the day

Oct22withlimey010.jpg

This picture made me chuckle!

Oct22withlimey012.jpg

All in all it was a great day! Anyone, if you got the chance to fish with Simon, hes a great angler and def. great company in the boat. There wasn't a dull moment all day, we spent more time laughing then anything, which makes the day that much better! thumbsup_anim.gif

"Hey Trisha, you want these minnows?" "NO!!!!" hahahahahahah, so blunt it was funny!

I bet Simon had nightmares last night of the one that got away! We all lost some real good fish too, but Simons was a ten plus for sure. Next time I suppose, lol.

Simon also revealed to me that I swear alot, at least I did yesterday whistling.gif.

I'm gonna send you a new net for christmas too!!!! ahahahhaha

And remember to wear gloves while handling those peppers, seriously...

I bet Simon had nightmares last night of the one that got away! We all lost some real good fish too, but Simons was a ten plus for sure. Next time I suppose, lol.

Simon also revealed to me that I swear alot, at least I did yesterday whistling.gif.

I'm gonna send you a new net for christmas too!!!! ahahahhaha

And remember to wear gloves while handling those peppers, seriously...

lol...DOOD...i said it was nice to meet someone who swears as much as me!

wear gloves after handling those chilli's you so kindly gave me?...definitely before taking a pee :devil:

i have to concede...MY NET IS CRAP

Good times Rick.

Nice report you guysclapping.gif Gotta love falleyes.They are so beefed up, and chunky, they are a real challenge to get outta the water.We fished some in strong current yesterday, and my arm is still achingmellow.gif

Thank you! Me and Simon were on a mission to get some good pics for a report, there was two cameras going almost all day, lol.

The fish are getting chunky, but the next two weeks and they'll be really chunky! Hopefully the weather holds abit, so we can get at them a few more times before seasons end.