float reel

SHINNY

purple.

Are you really asking a question like that on here? I could see if maybe you were worried about the glare from sun shining off it but come on, what color do you like better?

well im trying to decide between silver and gold, its a just a qeustion.

Dev,

I like the green Islander :)

Right now Devon is using my back up reel "Floatmaster" and he has the Walace cast down to a T. He went 1 for 3 Steelhead this weekend where I got a big goose egg and the kid is only 14.

Go for the gold Dev !!

Strictly from an esthetics perspective, I'd say that silver might not stand out as well with chromers. Silver would be visually pleasing with browns and speckleds. Gold would probably clash with your riverwear. I don't think that green is a pin type colour but it might be your only option.

I owned a gold Islander and enjoyed fishing it. What I've noticed in watching the classified adds for reels is that gold reels are not sought after with comments like, "NO GOLD PLEASE" so I would go with silver so you will have an easier time selling it later on. I loved the look of my gold Islander. I think the black Islanders are hard anodised and therefore more sought after, but my gold reel had no marks on it after 5 years of hard fishing.

Why don't you just get a back one? Then you won't have to worry about glare, or having the sun shine of it and spook the fish.

You know as long as I've been fishing trout I've heard that said.

Never once has the shine of a reel spooked any steelhead I've encountered.

I could see the merit if you're fly fishing a tiny spring creek and have to crawl on your belly on your approach and cast blindly to the fish. Otherwise... :dunno:

Perhaps this could be an episode of myth busters.

I could see the merit if you're fly fishing a tiny spring creek and have to crawl on your belly on your approach and cast blindly to the fish. Otherwise... :dunno:

That’s because they saw the reel miles away and already knew you were coming :P

My matt black Angspecs are coated with the same finish used on stealth aircraft and are impervious to steelhead radar above and below water :ninja:. The reels don’t exist to steelhead until they’ve been captured, unhooked and had their pictures taken with the reel lying next to them in the water :D

Never been an issue for me either, but figured I'd throw it out there for fun!

Definitely a job for the Mythbusters.

Now I have had a couple of guys move onto the far bank of a pool wearing bright yellow rainsuits and shut it down after I'd been getting fish steadily in my camo deerhunt raingear :wallbash:

Now that there's a show stopper for sure....Got to love it when that happens !!