Awesome Day @ Longpoint

Hit up Long Point bay yesterday for some perch and pike action with the kids! I've been quite busy and just have been a little down lately, and yesterday was just what I needed! We hit the bay right before lunch, and were lucky enough to hang out and visit Shawn, Dan and family and even got to see Frank and Julie for a few minutes! Averie's been wanting to catch her first pike on her own and managed connect with a couple yesterday but she didn't manage to land any. Dan put us on some great perch fishing though so it was a good time had by all! Big thanks to Dan, his wife, kids and his Mom who cooked us dinner and had us out at the cottage for the evening. Averie and Luke had a great time and won't stop bugging me to go visit again!

I'll let the pix tell the rest of the story.

heading out

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

Averie's first time at the helm

IMG_3045.jpg

Dan and Family

IMG_3048.jpg

the essential minnow / fish bin

IMG_3049.jpg

First fish of the day

IMG_3054.jpg

Luke wouldn't hold his at first

IMG_3059.jpg

Perch or Bass? lol

IMG_3064.jpg

Movie Break

IMG_3065.jpg

Some Keepers...

IMG_3073.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

Luke passed out doing 24 MPH in bumpy water lol

IMG_3089.jpg

Some scenery shots..

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

Kids playing back at the cottage...

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

Averie's new bud - Dan' boy

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

The little ones trying to play catch...

IMG_3134.jpg

He get's his wit from his mom but he wasn't lucky enough to get her looks! :thumbsup_anim:

IMG_3137.jpg

Averie went for a quick evening dip...

IMG_3153.jpg

We enjoyed a great sunset...

IMG_3156.jpg

IMG_3140.jpg

They had a photo op on the quad..

IMG_3178.jpg

Then it was time to say goodbye..

IMG_3169.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

Thanks Dan - it was a day the kids and I won't soon forget!

Have a great thanksgiving everybody!

Cheers,

Ryan

Hey looks like my son and I missed you guys out there. we Launched from Post marine about same time as Frank and Julie. But then headed out to find another friend to find out he moved on. So we just hung out with the crowd of boats. we managed to hook about dozen keepers. Hung around abit then saw Frank and Julie (but wasn't sure it was them ) fished there area a bit then headed back in to toss some pink worms (my son is in search of a big fish but won't keep line in water). Saw Frank and Julie getting ready to pull the boat out and finally said hi.Then went and pulled mine just in time to meet up with Dan to find out we missed out on the on the water gathering . To bad for us but still great day. My boy wants to go today too

Yeah it was a fun day, it's not often that I get out and just fish for fun like this .the hunt for trophy fish or tourney wins often takes the fun factor out of fishing and feeding the LPB perch and catching a few was alot of fun. Kaleb caught lots of small ones and I got us enough for a feed and a hammer handle pike to toss into the mix for a good fish fry and Kaleb had a blast .Looking forward to hanging out again in search of some toothy critters in a couple weeks I never got the camera out while we were fishing so here's a pic from when we got home and the first time Kaleb has held a fish on his own he will kiss them but would never hold them :dunno:

0066.jpg

0093-1.jpg