Casting close to dams and....

Lionized

So last night I tried my luck at the Thornbury Dam given the time of year. Made my way to be the

closest fisherman to the dam. Great Spot! There was a Guy on the other side of the river casting

towards the dam underneath the "this area is closed to fishing" wire and within 10 minutes he had

pulled 2 female rainbows and called it a day. Taking them home of course.

Well the same guy shows up today and he yells to me I'm casting to far under the wire and I'd get

In trouble. 15ft is Ok but anything further is worthy of me losing my gear and vehicle. Wowzas!

If that's the case then the signage should be much more explanatory. Something like, "No fishing

this area or casting under this wire" would be a better sign to let one know. Even a lousy lawyer

could get you off "the hook" with vague signage like this.

I yelled back that he was a Hypocrite for doing the same thing the night before, which bothered him.

I'm sure a lot of eyes are rolling at me, but u don't get your fishing license the same way you get

your driver's license. The MNR should either provide more detailed signage to what an infraction

could be or build something better than this overhanging wire that people can cast under.

Looking forward to be told I'm wrong!

dam.gif

So last night I tried my luck at the Thornbury Dam given the time of year. Made my way to be the

closest fisherman to the dam. Great Spot! There was a Guy on the other side of the river casting

towards the dam underneath the "this area is closed to fishing" wire and within 10 minutes he had

pulled 2 female rainbows and called it a day. Taking them home of course.

Well the same guy shows up today and he yells to me I'm casting to far under the wire and I'd get

In trouble. 15ft is Ok but anything further is worthy of me losing my gear and vehicle. Wowzas!

If that's the case then the signage should be much more explanatory. Something like, "No fishing

this area or casting under this wire" would be a better sign to let one know. Even a lousy lawyer

could get you off "the hook" with vague signage like this.

I yelled back that he was a Hypocrite for doing the same thing the night before, which bothered him.

I'm sure a lot of eyes are rolling at me, but u don't get your fishing license the same way you get

your driver's license. The MNR should either provide more detailed signage to what an infraction

could be or build something better than this overhanging wire that people can cast under.

Looking forward to be told I'm wrong!

Well you are glad you were looking forward to it ,here it comes , I grew up fishing that river with my dad , 20+ years ,when there was no need for a wire , have not been there in many many years , you know whats right and wrong just because someone else does not does not give you the right to be an ass , no more river fishing for me , to many yahoos .What fun is it to fish illgal ??????????? oh but someone else does and he got a bigger fish than me !!!!!!

Dont be so harsh with those words Bruce. There are some that are not . :canadian:

You know I know that Brian , but those guys do not fight for the spot closest to the damn and than cry when smoeone beats them too it , lots of good river fishing but behind the wire at a damn , B when was the last time you did that , 'NEVER HAVE AND YOU NEVER WILL " enough said .

You know I know that Brian , but those guys do not fight for the spot closest to the damn and than cry when smoeone beats them too it , lots of good river fishing but behind the wire at a damn , B when was the last time you did that , 'NEVER HAVE AND YOU NEVER WILL " enough said .

I just walk on by,way down the river. Im sure Im not the only one to say that Bruce. :canadian:

And yes,I know. :clapping:

Edited by Misfish

I think "This Area CLOSED to Fishing" is pretty self explanitory !

Agreed

Personally I’ve never understood the fascination with fishing right next to a sanctuary boundary when there are miles and miles of better water to fish.

Dont be so harsh with those words Bruce. There are some that are not . :canadian:

Know plenty who aren't but they are far outnumbered by Yahoo's. It's why I stopped steelheading and took up musky fishing and believe me I'am a far better steelheader than a musky fisherman. Matter of fact just recently sold my custom steelheading rod(stenciled with "Yahoo" by the way) cause I realized I haven't missed it and just ain't going to go back.

Know plenty who aren't but they are far outnumbered by Yahoo's. It's why I stopped steelheading and took up musky fishing and believe me I'am a far better steelheader than a musky fisherman. Matter of fact just recently sold my custom steelheading rod(stenciled with "Yahoo" by the way) cause I realized I haven't missed it and just ain't going to go back.

Muskies are the fish of 10,000 casts...Statistically you're already at a disadvantage :lol:

"This area is closed to fishing" Be it by 15 feet or 15 inches you're still breaking the law. I don't understand how someone can fish such a boring drift like that one! Out of all my years fishing that river i can count on one hand how many times i've fished that wire.

If you are an conservationist and have any regard for the fishery you enjoy so much, you wouldn't mess with fish in a sanctuary!

This is why we need more MNR. Yes there are many areas to cover,fishing an hunting. Whats wrong with our goverment? :wallbash: They dont see the ,CANADIAN WHOLE PICTURE.