PB Largemouth Bass

bassmaster4

Caught this last friday on the live target hollow body frog. Was working it real slow and real close to shore when this bad boy enhaled it, was pretty strange because it didnt even disturb the surface i just noticed my frog was gone then i hooked it and it took me for a bit of a ride. I dont have a weight on it but i was thinking around 6 pounds (correct me if you think im wrong). Well here are the pics.

014.jpg

013.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Bassmaster

A great fish you got yourself there, Bassmaster4, and Congratulations!!!

Funny, but I bet not having the bass expode on ya helped you hook it. Alot of times that initial explosion tricks most people into setting the hook right away( myself included )when it's best to wait 'til you feel the weight of the fish before setting the hook.

WTG!!!!!

A great fish you got yourself there, Bassmaster4, and Congratulations!!!

Funny, but I bet not having the bass expode on ya helped you hook it. Alot of times that initial explosion tricks most people into setting the hook right away( myself included )when it's best to wait 'til you feel the weight of the fish before setting the hook.

WTG!!!!!

Definately helped me hook it Mike. It basically started fighting me right away. I couldnt tell you how many times ive ripped the bait right out of the fish's mouth when it explodes on it, i guess it's the adrenaline rush that makes people get too anxious while setting the hook. Thanks

Yup...a silent hit by a largie usually means that he's got it all the way in his mouth, and is usually a larger fish. Big head...skinny body...at the right time of year I would say 6lbs might be right....hard to tell how chunky he is in the pics though. Doesn't really matter...it's a gorgeous fish! thumbsup_anim.gif

I find that largemouth usually slurp a topwater down without much of a commotion. Smallmouth on the other hand like to come over the top, then all hell breaks loose, lol!

What a BUCKET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thumbsup_anim.gif Congrats.

X2 on the smallie. The big one i caught on Saturday hit my lure the split second it hit the water! Even before i had a chance to lock my spool. What a ride i hadclapping.gif

Awesome bucket! Looks like a skinny largie, especially in the second pic. Doesn;t seem to be anything in it's gut. It's a real beauty none the less!! Congrats on your PB. I agree with BillM about the largies slurping a topwater bait.....especially the big ones. Unless you're fishing the skinny water in the slop. Then they tend to explode like the smallies do.

when do they start fattening up guys? I've been fishing this spot for a while now at different times of year and all of the largies ive caught there are skinny like this one. Thanks for everyones input and compliments

Edited by bassmaster4

when do they start fattening up guys? I've been fishing this spot for a while now at different times of year and all of the largies ive caught there are skinny like this one. Thanks for everyones input and compliments

Nice lunker there and I've found the bass haven't been in the usual spots lately. They probably went deeper and it may take a bit till they get used to the cooler temps. Pretty soon they'll be putting the feed bag on for the Winter.