Check This Out!

The Urban Fisherman

Hey Guys!

We shot a great shore show the other day and when we were in the edit suites logging footage we found out that Dave had at least one close call while releasing fish below the dock!!!! Hope you enjoy! :thumbsup_anim:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7GZeJdi2ubk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers,

Ryan

Yowza...that is crazy footage! I once had my hand right next to a good sized snapping turtle without knowing it....was retrieving a snag...low light in the evening...had that funny feeling about reaching around the downed tree. Pulled my lure out and there was a monster turtle just sitting there, had been watching it all go down.

They will go for things dangling from the surface but if your whole body is in the water with them they are absolutely harmless. They invariably try to swim away as fast as they can, in fact I've never been able to get an underwater picture of them because they won't let me get close enough, they can really turn on the jets when they want to.

Wow, close one. Is that the same turtle at the end of the vid? Look at the talons on that thing!

haha yeah it's the same turtle as the one at the end...except we didn't know he was there until later in the day..when Dave released that fish none of us knew mr. snapper was hanging out under the dock... and he release a lot of fish that day! lol

haha yeah it's the same turtle as the one at the end...except we didn't know he was there until later in the day..when Dave released that fish none of us knew mr. snapper was hanging out under the dock... and he release a lot of fish that day! lol

I was just looking at those talons! Never really seen one up close. They'd probably do some serious damage too.

I am hitting some dock this weekend, I'll have an eye now!

We caught 2 of them this summer fishing for panfish on docks with the kids...VERY hard to get them freed. They actually ate the worm/hook...mouth is extremely tough. The second time the hook came out and went into the front leg...I quickly gave up trying to remove it as the turtle was snapping angrily at me and the pliers, so I was forced to cut the line.

Scared the kids.

Not really as fun as you might think...they're big, heavy, ugly, and while I don't know this first hand I'd say they can take at least a finger... :o

yep thats a great video

many years ago about 20, the wife and I were skinny dipping at a buddies cottage after dusk

the next morning we went down to the dock with our coffees and we saw the biggest snapping turtle we ever laid our eyes on

Both wife and i nearly had a coronary thinking that was in the water when we were skinny dipping, the wife has never swam after dark since :whistling:

Turtles always scared the crap out of me as a kid. Imaging being 10, swimming at the cottage, and being greeted by a 100lb killer neo-dinosaur with a shell the size of an tractor trailer hub cap. Add the fact that we are practically the only humans that they ever see, and have very little fear of people and you have one terrified little boy

lol glad you guys liked the vid! :thumbsup_anim: I couldn't believe it when I saw it in the edit room... Imagine the hits it would have gotten online if the turtle actually took out one of Dave's fingers! :whistling:

Knowing Dave, he'd wrestle it for his finger back and he'd put in a hook for bait!! :D:good: