Dosent work for me

misfish

It is simple...but rather boring.

They also paid $1m to the air force didn't they to have the logo? I like the idea of giving money to the airforce, but it hardly seems necessary to have a boring logo...?

Most hockey fans won't even get the connection between the Jets and having the Air Force located there...

Overall the reaction has been negative from what I've heard...I agree with the majority...boring...

I'd have gone with the original logo and just changed the colours up a bit to sell more jerseys...

M 2 cents anyways.

Here's what someone posted in the comment section of a CBC online article announcing the new logo. It's their opinion, not mine, but I thought this person brought up some interesting points ....

It's a terrible logo and an even worse uniform.

1. There is something seriously wrong when a hockey logo has nothing to do with hockey.

2. It is a stretch to try to link this to 17 Wing. There are no jets there.

3. The old Jets logo had a commercial jet – not a military one. So this link to the team's tradition and the military is phoney and forced.

4. There is something seriously wrong with marketing a weapon of mass destruction to people who will be buying these for their CHILDREN to wear. And something seriously wrong with parents who will buy them.

5. The logo looks almost exactly like the RCAF roundel. That's not only unoriginal – it's plagiarism.

6. The logo itself has no obvious relation to the city of Winnipeg. There is nothing unique about using a jet; there are other cities and towns in Canada with military bases that actually have jets on them.

7. The name Winnipeg Jets began with the signing of The Golden Jet, Bobby Hull. Not a military jet.

8. The sweaters themselves are very dull; as many have pointed out, the sleeve stripes are very awkward-looking. The two colours of blue are both very dull and lifeless, giving the overall impression of a monotone colour palette. Where is the flash of red aside from the maple leaf in the logo?

The saving grace is that the 'new/old' retro sweaters will probably be out next year. These ones here will fall by the wayside when fans have a choice between the two.

Sorry, but it's true.

END QUOTE

I like the look. And i also welcome another canadian team back into the league. Hopefully there are more to come.

If the guy posting on the article above is a resident of Winnipeg.......my response is this:

You were just given the gift of Hockey back into your town, something that probably ripped your heart out when they were taken from you. You now have that back, and you feel the first thing at hand should be to post an 8 point complaint list lol. Really?.........REALLY!?!?!?

If i were in that position i wouldnt care if my guys were dressed in Pink Tutus!!

HAHAHA Yeah, not like a coyote, a bruin, a leaf, a wing, a flame etc etc...

I didn't say ALL his points were valid :D. Here's the link to the CBC story. His comments (and over 300 others) are below the article.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/09/06/mb-nhl-jets-jerseys-.html

And I agree with you, Blaque. It's awesome to finally have a 7th NHL team back in Canada. Here's hoping the Nordiques make it 8!!

Edited by lhousesoccer

4. There is something seriously wrong with marketing a weapon of mass destruction to people who will be buying these for their CHILDREN to wear. And something seriously wrong with parents who will buy them.

Now the jersey may be ugly but its not THAT ugly!!

And I agree with you, Blaque. It's awesome to finally have a 7th NHL team back in Canada. Here's hoping the Nordiques make it 8!!

Cheers to the return of the nordiques! Maybe even other cities like Montreal or even Ottawa could make a return to the league eventually as well? (adding Toronto would have been to Cliche')

5. The logo looks almost exactly like the RCAF roundel. That's not only unoriginal – it's plagiarism.

7. The name Winnipeg Jets began with the signing of The Golden Jet, Bobby Hull. Not a military jet.

END QUOTE

Just a couple of corrections.

#5. - Permission was obtained beforehand and the logo is used with the blessing of the Canadian Forces.

#6.- Named after Benny Hatskin's favourite football team - NY Jets