lets talk about north bay

livinisfishin

I heard the only thing that ever came out of North Bay was hookers and hockey players

Hey my wife is from there

OH, What team does she play on

LOL

Her'd they come right out to your ice huts in the winter. Maybe they'll skate out in the right conditions! I ain't talkin about the Hockey players...

Edited by N.A.W

Is it a nice place to live? A place where a young guy like myself may want to settle down?

Really depends on what kind of work you expect to get. Great city close to 1000s of lakes and lots of out door recreation. However, you can't do much with out some cash. Feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

Ah, North Bay... I lived there for about 6 years, and I liked it well enough. I can tell you the best restaurants for almost any type of food, and you can trust it since I am a fat guy.

I miss a couple friends I made there, and it's nice when bands I know show up there. In the years I lived there, Alice Cooper and UnderOath both played there, but I didn't get to go. Then last year, La Dispute and Norma Jean played and I did get to go (odd, since I no longer lived there, heh).

I almost had to move (was looking at Ottawa) after losing my IT job with the telemarketing company / hell there and couldn't find any work for several months. But then I got hired by the local ISP (Vianet) and that saved the day. I have a lot of fond memories of North Bay, and I would go back there if I wanted to move again (I don't). I like where I'm at now, for the most part.

I really regret not fishing there much at all while I lived there. The only fish I caught were some gross catfish - that's probably why I didn't fish more.. I should have got out more, bought a cheap canoe, etc. If I lived there now, you can bet I'd be out fishing with some other OFCers as much as I could. There's not many people that I know of around here (Tri-Towns) who like fishing enough to go even weekly, let alone register for a fishing forum or - gosh - go two days in a row..

If you love the big city you won't like North Bay. Having said that I don't anyone would be in long term shock by moving here from the city... I mean how much cultural stuff/traffic/congestion/restaurants/clothing shops/annoying radio stations does anyone really need. This is normal life canada with access to a lot of crown land.

Once you get to know Nipfisher, you'll essentially have accesss to everyone within 100kms of North Bay. I consider him the mayor.

It's nice here ...(20 minutes away from Da Bay)... I go there about 4 times / week.... 3 Beers Stores to serve you better, a very nice waterfront, 20 minutes away in any direction from great fishing & hunting, friendly folk, brand new state of the art (built too small already) Health Centre, hiking trails,native smokes, Chief Commanda II ,a good night life, summer concerts and attractions, airport...

+ a small town feel.... snow snow .. snow.. and apartments are hard to find.

you might wanna consider the commute from , Powassan, Sturgeon, Astorville, Callander.........(20-30 minutes)

Randy

:canadian:

Well don't ever plan on moving up to Thunder Bay. The economy really sucks here. Just the other day I drove past a quadriplegic clinic and they had a sign on the door that said "Walk Ins Welcome". And if you think that's bad, last night I worked late and had to drive through the seedy part of town to get home and I saw a hooker holding a sign that said "No Payments Till 2012". Yeah. Times are tough up here.

Well don't ever plan on moving up to Thunder Bay. The economy really sucks here. Just the other day I drove past a quadriplegic clinic and they had a sign on the door that said "Walk Ins Welcome". And if you think that's bad, last night I worked late and had to drive through the seedy part of town to get home and I saw a hooker holding a sign that said "No Payments Till 2012". Yeah. Times are tough up here.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

If you love the big city you won't like North Bay. Having said that I don't anyone would be in long term shock by moving here from the city... I mean how much cultural stuff/traffic/congestion/restaurants/clothing shops/annoying radio stations does anyone really need. This is normal life canada with access to a lot of crown land.

Once you get to know Nipfisher, you'll essentially have accesss to everyone within 100kms of North Bay. I consider him the mayor.

Thanks R. C. I'll take "mayor of Tip-up Town" for the ice hut village but let's keep this thread from getting political.

Seriously, I've lived in Kirkland Lake, Toronto, Vancouver, and North Bay and hope to never leave.

After Randy shows me where all the "falleyes" are I may consider Sturgeon Falls. LMAO.

lol clapping.gif

Tbay is pretty close to me, and I've spent some time there. It's the small city winnipeg of ontario.

I hate thunder bay with a passion

Ill be in north bay tomorrow for a meeting an after I will check out the area and hopefully have a better idea of what I'm getting into.

If you are looking for a good lunch, go and find The Sub Place and order a gyro (regular or chicken). Best food in the city!