Bronte

tightline

Solo is right, a rainfall will trigger the staging kings to run up river. Put some time in casting the pier at night and first thing in the mornings, and you should see some activity at most creek and river mouths. They are staging now, and the piers are packed shoulder-to-shoulder with anglers at night.

They are staging now, and the piers are packed shoulder-to-shoulder with anglers at night.

We were in a boat fishing just outside their casting range the other night, there was a ton of guys on the pier. When there was a lull we would watch the light show as they hauled on their smokes. Almost like it went with the music. Those who have been out there will know what I mean :)

Edited by Harrison

i was out on the kayak last night until 11:30 - the smoking on the pier is hilarious... countless times last night we heard " FISH ON!!" ---- "hey bud! you got my line!"

i love fall.

Joe you're alive! :D

Looking forward to the fall season bud.

Cheers

For a laugh I went down to bronte peir last Friday night around 8. It was just getting dark and the zoo was in full swing - loads of guys out on the pier and fishing the wall inside. Honestly you couldn't pay me enough to get back out there. I live close and pick and choose my spots when it's quiet through the week. Weekends are nuts. The funniest part was the guys that were picking the beach for firewood to take back on the peir. I guess they were planning to spend the night.

My Buddy was out last night and only saw 1 fish off the pier..Going to go out Sunday with the 14ft'r 5.5hp and troll the mouth..never done it before would any of you do it or am I an idiot for thinking it?

On calm days,I did the troll out from the 4 sisters with a 14ft tin Miro,and a 9.9.

Just watch the weather and the spoons flying toward you and you will be fine.

To add to dans point, watch for darting lines heading towards your boat. And listen to all the screaming from shore. Thats why I like spoonchucking when every one is at workwhistling.gif When the regular gents and relaxed folks are there.

My Buddy was out last night and only saw 1 fish off the pier..Going to go out Sunday with the 14ft'r 5.5hp and troll the mouth..never done it before would any of you do it or am I an idiot for thinking it?

I saw an 8' zodiac with about a 3.5 on the back of it out today...