I am a good parent wife too

chessy

My son found a wallet with money in it and all of the id as well he carried it with him all morning fishing looking for the the guy who lost it all morning when I went down to take him something to eat he informed me that he found a wallet. I looked in it to find id but came across a comfort inn key card. i drove to the comfort in and inquired about card the guy had left(filming movie in port hope) but his boss was still there in another room. anyway to make a long story short all the money was still in it and the boss said only in a small town would that happen and good parenting .. any way i am proud once again of my son ..AND NO RON YOU CANT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS

Edited by chessy

That is great to hear. One thing I have noticed, is that small town communities seem to instill a better sense of integrity, values and morals than the larger populated centres.(I grew up in Prince Edward County and now live in Pickering).

IMO, your son did a very stand up thing that would NOT have happened in a place like the GTA. That wallet would have been lucky to be thrown in a mailbox after the cash was taken.

Again, Kudos to you and your family.

Atta boy!!! Most fisher folks, are good folks.

That is great to hear. One thing I have noticed, is that small town communities seem to instill a better sense of integrity, values and morals than the larger populated centres.(I grew up in Prince Edward County and now live in Pickering).

Believe it or not, Pickering was like Prince Edward County and not to long ago either. But as with life, things change.

IMO, your son did a very stand up thing that would NOT have happened in a place like the GTA. That wallet would have been lucky to be thrown in a mailbox after the cash was taken.

Yeah, those darned city kids eh ?? Nuthin but a bunch of thieves.

My son found a wallet... :blahblah1: ..AND NO RON YOU CANT TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS

You mean to say MY son trusted you with someone else's wallet???? ha ha ha

Seriously JT,

Good on ya for bringing up such a fine step father! :rolleyes:

Just kidding bud.

Cheers, Ron...

You mean to say MY son trusted you with someone else's wallet???? ha ha ha

Seriously JT,

Good on ya for bringing up such a fine step father! :rolleyes:

Just kidding bud.

Cheers, Ron...

well in that case RON he needs back to fishing stuff(not back to school) more hooks sinkers and some walleye fillets and some white fish and you will be caught up on child/stepfather support

Dad took me fishing when I was 7. Our favourite bass hole on goergian bay. I got bored pretty quick, nothin biting so I was looking over the side of the boat at the bottom and what do I spot??? a wallet about 6 feet down. Dad didn't believe me at first but I insisted. He went swimming and fished it out, found the guy in town (at the bar) and returned his wallet to him. got 50 bucks for my trouble and I didn't even have to go swimming haha.

Was ice fishing Simcoe, and a medium freezer bag stuffed with bud blew by my hole with the wind, picked it up, opened it up, boy it smelled good, took a very quick look around, and I mean very quick look, couldnt see the owner, so finders keepers loosers weepers, you know the story, it made the 7 inch perch I caught that day not that bad at allwhistling.gif

Congratulations on you and your son not stealing some guys money. Lol. I am just busting your chops.

The low standards of some of the members of our society can make simple honest actions seem great at times.

There are a lot of scumbags out there but there are still a great deal of good honest folk roaming the earth in cities and in rural comminities alike.

Good on you, Cheers.