6 month Anniversary

Fishandchips

Today April 5th is the 6 month Anniversary of my kidney transplant,so far everything is going well.I would just like to say thanks for everyone who messaged,called,e-mailed or sent cards while I was in the hospital and after i got home. This truly is a great fishing community and I look forward to meeting you at Lakair this year.Since for the last 4 years I couldn't go due to health problems and Dialysis, Thanks again all, Brian

Edited by fishandchips

That is absolutely fantastic news. Being one who had liver problems myself, I know the terror involved in thinking about your own mortality, and its not a pleasant thought. I always sign my donor card as soon as I get my new licence and I wish everyone would do the same.

The best of luck and good health to you in the future :thumbsup_anim:

Awesome news :clapping:

Joey

Yeah, along with the rest of the respondents, I wish you all the best fishandchips.

Cannot remember anything posted about your malady.

And yes, my drivers license is signed for donor organs. Why the heck not???? If I unfortunately pass away in an accident, why NOT let someone else live longer??? or see better???

In my opinion, making organ donations mandatory, unless you opt out, should be a given thing for licensed drivers. I fully support that initiative of the government. Hope it passes the house.

I remember it well...but I spend/spent too much time here. Out hunting with Muskiestud when he got the call to GO NOW!

Glad that all is going well Brian and that there's been no issue of rejection or failure. What a difference this must have made on your life's schedules and hope you truely enjoy the new found free time to hunt and fish to your hearts content.

Wayne

I also remember when it happened Brian, and it's great to hear that your still doing so well and will finally be joining us at Lakair in June !!

As for the donor card, it's signed and in my wallet all the time, infact everyone in my family carries signed cards.

It was very tragic when my own son died 2 1/2 years ago, but the one positive thing that came from his death was the fact that he also carried a signed donar card and many people benefitted from it.

That's nice to hear Lew. I remember that tragedy also, and to think that other people can live from such an unselfish act of humanity is truely remarkable. I agree with the mandatory donor card unless opted otherwise.

Joey

Wonderful to hear things are going well for you! My sister had a kidney transplant over 10 years ago and she is doing great and what makes it even more special is that my other sister was the donor and they are much closer as a result. Always keep a positive outlook and enjoy yourself because being on dialysis really sucks. Good on you buddy! and to all the OFC family, PLEASE! it costs you nothing to sign your donor cards. Lives depend on it! :thumbsup_anim: