iPhone vs. Blackberry

Wow, the only argument you guys are giving is the keyboard? I for one prefer the iPhone keyboard since it's less bulky and isnt always there unless you need it. Please go into more details on the communicating part of your argument cuz iPhone does everything the BB does an thensome. Conference calls, email, work on email while talking to a contact, browse the web to find an answer while still talking to a client. I know my curve couldn't mutlitask like that.

It's the how it does it I guess.

Also every time I talk to someone who has an iPhone they always brag about how they have access to 200,000 + apps! Can play zillions of games with awesome graphics.......... Who cares if you up to your chin in crap and just need a reliable communication tool that types like your laptop and gives you e-mail access, ability to BBM with other Blackberry users and a pretty good camera that let's you take photo's of what you are trying to communicate. Oh and by the way, it's a phone as well...... :lol:

I am in no way anti-Apple. I worked for Apple for a number of years and was a disciple!

Edited by John

It's the how it does it I guess.

Also every time I talk to someone who has an iPhone they always brag about how they have access to 200,000 + apps! Can play zillions of games with awesome graphics.......... Who cares if you up to your chin in crap and just need a reliable communication tool that types like your laptop and gives you e-mail access, ability to BBM with other Blackberry users and a pretty good camera that let's you take photo's of what you are trying to communicate. Oh and by the way, it's a phone as well...... :lol:

I am in no way anti-Apple. I worked for Apple for a number of years and was a disciple!

I'm anti-apple :P

iPhone is the only thing I'll ever get from them till android matures a bit more.

For email and business communications or documents, blackberry is still (by far) the way to go. My iphone friends contend otherwise, but most seem to send much shorter emails than when they were on blackberry. If your'e like me and getting or sending 100 emails a day, then BB is the best way to go despite their shortcomings elsewhere (of which there are many).

For other consumer services/apps/etc.....i think iphone is much better. You can also try the samsung devices. I hear they're quite good.

For email and business communications or documents, blackberry is still (by far) the way to go. My iphone friends contend otherwise, but most seem to send much shorter emails than when they were on blackberry. If your'e like me and getting or sending 100 emails a day, then BB is the best way to go despite their shortcomings elsewhere (of which there are many).

For other consumer services/apps/etc.....i think iphone is much better. You can also try the samsung devices. I hear they're quite good.

Yup, just sayin'.........

You want an Iphone...

PAY FOR IT YOURSELF!

You want a CrackBerry...

PAY FOR IT YOURSELF!!

In fact, what I will tell my daughter when she's your age: "You want anything more than a landline, PAY FOR IT YOURSELF!!!"

The sense of entitlement in today's youth is astounding.

Wow, the only argument you guys are giving is the keyboard? I for one prefer the iPhone keyboard since it's less bulky and isnt always there unless you need it. Please go into more details on the communicating part of your argument cuz iPhone does everything the BB does an thensome. Conference calls, email, work on email while talking to a contact, browse the web to find an answer while still talking to a client. I know my curve couldn't mutlitask like that.

As a Blackberry administrator for my company the ability to brick a lost or stolen BB in seconds plus all of the security features available make it a far better business tool than the iPhone. IMHO

As for the OP, he's a 16 yo kid. He needs an iPhone.

And a job to pay for said iPhone and data/airtime. :D

I have seen two companies go the route of Iphone and switched back to BB. Communication is critical and without a reliable means of sending and recieving attachments, and being able to type reliably and quickly, it just doesn't work for many businesses. There are some nice tools for Iphone, but most if not all of these also are available for blackberry. Blackberry is still the defacto mobile communication device of choice for most businesses for a reason. I am not at all saying an iphone isn't good. It certainly has its merits...Games and a better web browser. However BB is still king for business in my books. Also I would better a shiny dollar that flash will come to handheld blackberries sooner than Iphone. Since the Playbook already has full flash and the ipad doesn't natively. I have heard people getting it to partially work after jailbreaking but it doesn't work reliably.

As a Blackberry administrator for my company the ability to brick a lost or stolen BB in seconds plus all of the security features available make it a far better business tool than the iPhone. IMHO

As for the OP, he's a 16 yo kid. He needs an iPhone.

And a job to pay for said iPhone and data/airtime. :D

You can have the iPhone whipe itself clean from wrong passwords and you can also whipe it remotely via PC.

I have seen two companies go the route of Iphone and switched back to BB. Communication is critical and without a reliable means of sending and recieving attachments, and being able to type reliably and quickly, it just doesn't work for many businesses. There are some nice tools for Iphone, but most if not all of these also are available for blackberry. Blackberry is still the defacto mobile communication device of choice for most businesses for a reason. I am not at all saying an iphone isn't good. It certainly has its merits...Games and a better web browser. However BB is still king for business in my books. Also I would better a shiny dollar that flash will come to handheld blackberries sooner than Iphone. Since the Playbook already has full flash and the ipad doesn't natively. I have heard people getting it to partially work after jailbreaking but it doesn't work reliably.

You're right about flash, that is a feature I'd love to have. Hopefully android will evolve faster and have the apps I want that I have on my iPhone so I can switch over.

I still say iPhone is better then BB for business. Much easier to type with for long periods of time. The hard keys on the BB irritate my thumbs after a while of typing.

I managed to re-draw a cad drawing on my phone today at work and email it from my iPhone but ya it does suck for work :sarcasm:

A straight line doesn't constitute a CAD drawing Dan. :whistling:

I have had an iPhone and now have a BB. I am going to switch over to Andriod if Rogers ever brings the Captivate SII on board, if not, I am going to plug away with my 9780. I love BBM but thats about it. I do find email on the BB faster and smoother then the iPhone but for the small differences I do miss my iPhone.

My wife just got her iPhone 4 in the mail today, I will play around with it to see if its any better then my old 3G.

Andriod is the way to go though, evolution!!!!!

I had a BB Bold and just got a Torch.I can say its very handy for email and texting,most of my business comes in via e-mail and typing is a must.I cant get the hang of the touch screen keyboard,I hope the i phone has a better version of one.I dont care about apps or music on my phone but the camera and keyboard are important.I'll be watching this thread because I get a free upgrade in September and may go with an I phone.On a lighter note I bought the wife a new I ron the other day,I can almost see out of my left eye now.

I have owned a BB and didn't care for it. I just got the Samsung Galaxy S and love it. It's got the same size screen as a Iphone and it's an Android. I like it alot more then my BB and would compare it to the Iphone. When I got it the guy told me either the Samsung or the Iphone are the best out there at the moment. As for music it's got no problems and it can have up to 32 gig memory. The keyboard on it is great to it's actually just like the Iphone and is easy to use. If you into the app the Android is similar to the Iphone there are alot of apps that are meant for Iphone you can get on the Andriods.

Edited by Live2fish85

I really wish the Motorola Droid X was in Canada. I love the huge screen for it and would replace my iPhone right away for it. The Galaxy S is a sexy Droid too.

If you go for iPhone wait till the new model comes out it will support 4G networks.

LOL Dan... I'm on phone #3 since 1985. Motorola stow and go.. mounted in trunk, slap the battery on and use in boat. $1799.99 from Radio Shack. Died at Lakair 2008. Son got me a free hershey bar phone so I could stay analog and then Rogers went GSM.. so I have their FREE phone. Makes calls.. takes text.. what else does one need....

BB's only place is at work when you have a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server). That's really the only thing they are good for. If this is for personal use, I would definitely recommend an android type phone. They are awesome! iPhones are pretty cool too though, but an Android for me is the way to go.

LOL Dan... I'm on phone #3 since 1985. Motorola stow and go.. mounted in trunk, slap the battery on and use in boat. $1799.99 from Radio Shack. Died at Lakair 2008. Son got me a free hershey bar phone so I could stay analog and then Rogers went GSM.. so I have their FREE phone. Makes calls.. takes text.. what else does one need....

Funny you mention that old phone Wayne. A friend of mine has a cottage on Musky Island, not too far from Lakair, and he still uses one of the original cell phones, comes in it's own 12" x 12" case, haha. The thing is, it has\had way better reception than anything new. which is why he still used it. But the size of it, hilarious.