iPhone vs. Blackberry

hey everyone, my plan is up and I am looking for a new phone. My choices are; iPhone, Blackberry torch or Bold 9780, I want to switch to an iphone becuase i've had a blackberry for 2 years now and I want to switch it up. A few problems I encounter with my blackberry are; music is hard to update, phone freezes, dont recieve some calls, and my biggest issue is broadcast messages, for those of you who have a blackberry you still would not really undersatnd, a broadcast is a message sent to your whole contact list on bbm (blackberry messanger) I would recieve about 10 of these a day (but I also have 200 contacts). The messages are either chain letters (if you dont send this to all your contacts you will have bad luck for the rest of your life) or the other one (add my best friend hes amazing 23y4h5k) dumb messages like this really get on my nerves, the iphone is simply a god, although bbm is good, iphone does not have that (only downfall) I think I can deal with out the broadcasts and just use the simple texting. Bad things about the iphone (correct me if im wrong) the data useage, I talked to a few of my buddies and they say you double click the home button and turn the app off, for emample if I want to see the weather, I open it look at it then close it becuase if its not closed it keeps updating a uses a lot of data, turn it off and youll be fine. next is he battery life on the iphone, I herad its not the greatest. other than that, I believe the iphone is a way better phone and has way better features. My dad (the one paying the phone bill :wallbash: is tottaly against the iphone :blahblah1: . I posted this to prove him wrong! What do you guys think? What do you have?

I've had basically every blackberry and recently switched to iphone. Blackberrys SUCK! Had nothing but problems. The iphone can do everything and is very reliable. Battery life on the the iphone is slightly less compared to a new blackberry but I always had blackberry battery issues after a few months.

I had an iPhone and a BB... I prefered the iPhone, however it is in the trash.. I got sick of replacing busted/cracked screens at 60bux a pop... I went through 5 screens before I said enough is enough. they are not made for contractors.

G

I had an iPhone and a BB... I prefered the iPhone, however it is in the trash.. I got sick of replacing busted/cracked screens at 60bux a pop... I went through 5 screens before I said enough is enough. they are not made for contractors.

G

construction grade otter box

IPhone. My iPhone 3 was as tough as nails. I was greasing some sheaves on the live mast of my crane when the bloody thing dropped out of my pocket and onto the track. Probably a 20 foot drop. It didn't miss a beat. I have the iPhone 4 now and it is great. I am on a dusty dirty construction site and the dust doesn't even scratch the screen.

Blackberry's are good but it's hard to beat an iphone. It's the versatility of having the business options such as email, skype, maps/gps along with the entertainment stuff...music, movies/netflix and a million other apps. Pair it up with an Otter Box like Dan suggested and you're set. Our company has actually switched from Blackberry to iphone as our corporate phone. I'm due for an upgrade and can't decide if I should wait for the iphone 5! Hmmmmm

An ordinary phone until you can pay for anything more should suffice. Don't pay the bill Dad.

I'm just being nasty because my 17 year old wants a BB and I am NOT paying for any of it....I told him to get a second job.

My thoughts exactly. Seems like they are never happy. They seem all too happy to spend our money. The problem with choosing either phone is cost of data. They want to use the phone for everything but voice calls and the monthly bills keep going up.

I know I'm going to age myself; however, I grew up just fine without a cell phone. We just kept a couple of extra dimes in our pocket to call home!

Oh, by the way, I am fishman2202's dad and I am paying the phone bill........... :w00t:

Edited by motion

My thoughts exactly. Seems like they are never happy. They seem all too happy to spend our money. The problem with choosing either phone is cost of data. They want to use the phone for everything but voice calls and the monthly bills keep going up.

I know I'm going to age myself; however, I grew up just fine without a cell phone. We just kept a couple of extra dimes in our pocket to call home!

Oh, by the way, I am fishman2202's dad and I am paying the phone bill........... :w00t:

you forgot to mention when you guys were young you had to run 6 km in 3 feet of snow to get the fire wood so your house would be warm, right?

Have had all the phones, Droids blackberry, iphone etc... I gave the iphone a solid 4 months and got rid of it. Its just not a good business tool. For fun games, and a good web browser yah its fine. I always have a laptop with me, so I browse mostly with that and I hate games on tiny screens. so for me the blackberry works way better. Send attactchments. multiple attatchments, reply and send attachments, set full mp3's as ring tones and alarms with the default programs, I can type 10x's faster on a bb than an iphone. Auto correct sucks on the iphone. etc... if you want fun, trendy and good browser. go with iphone. If you want something with extended battery length, ability to type, calendar etc.... mostly business type stuff than BB all the way. I had curves, bolds and now have a torch and I love it. Big screen, full keyboard, solid email, long battery life.

I second or third the motion! fishman2202, if you want a sexy phone at 16 years old get a job nights or weekends to pay for it. I would provide my kids with a cell phone with a fixed amount of minutes to call home or friends if need be............other than that............well, life's tough all over..... :lol:

<br /> Its just not a good business tool. Send attactchments. multiple attatchments, reply and send attachments, set full mp3's as ring tones and alarms with the default programs<br />
<br /><br /><br />

That is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

iPhone will destroy a BB when it comes to business management. I can do everything you just said with mine faster then I could with my BB.

I can play full songs as ringtones too with default apps.

And if you jailbreak you just opened another door to thousands and thousands of apps that will allow you to do virtually ANYTHING.

Blackberry is garbage now, I wish they had invented the iPhone so my money could go to a Canadian company but BB is old tech.

Businesses are all slowly converting from BB to iPhone for obvious business reasons.

When I had my small business I could use Invoice2go and send invoices, quotes and more to my customers.

The email system is way more advanced. Plus you can make the iPhone email even more epic by jailbreaking and getting apps like attachment saver to name just one.

Yes a laptop is good, but the iphone still a all in one tool that every business should have.

I havent yet played with an android phone but I'm sure it's even better then the BB as a business phone.

Four month isn't even giving it a chance IMO.

I have had the Iphone 4 for about a year now and have some great apps, have a screen protector and tough cool cammo rubber protector ... no issues so far , use it daily for texting, calls , web, gps ... all works well. My wife has the same and daughter has BB.

BTW best thing with the Iphone 4 is Facetime , its very convenient to video call with relatives and see my nieces and nephews that are far away.

<br /><br /><br />

That is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

iPhone will destroy a BB when it comes to business management. I can do everything you just said with mine faster then I could with my BB.

I can play full songs as ringtones too with default apps.

And if you jailbreak you just opened another door to thousands and thousands of apps that will allow you to do virtually ANYTHING.

Blackberry is garbage now, I wish they had invented the iPhone so my money could go to a Canadian company but BB is old tech.

Businesses are all slowly converting from BB to iPhone for obvious business reasons.

When I had my small business I could use Invoice2go and send invoices, quotes and more to my customers.

The email system is way more advanced. Plus you can make the iPhone email even more epic by jailbreaking and getting apps like attachment saver to name just one.

Yes a laptop is good, but the iphone still a all in one tool that every business should have.

I havent yet played with an android phone but I'm sure it's even better then the BB as a business phone.

Four month isn't even giving it a chance IMO.

Sorry, I agree with Jedimaster...........iPhone is fine if you want to play all day but if you want to actually communicate with business partners, customers and suppliers on an ongoing basis Blackberry in MHO is still the way to go with an actual qwerty keyboard. Seems like sex still sells and sways people away from what they really need as a business tool! I honestly think that these things go in cycles, iPhone will cool off in the next 6 months or so and unless RIM really blows it on the new models/technology they will once again become the business phone of choice.

Edited by John

Wow, the only argument you guys are giving is the keyboard? I for one prefer the iPhone keyboard since it's less bulky and isnt always there unless you need it. Please go into more details on the communicating part of your argument cuz iPhone does everything the BB does an thensome. Conference calls, email, work on email while talking to a contact, browse the web to find an answer while still talking to a client. I know my curve couldn't mutlitask like that.