What Trilene is the best for bass fishing?

Well I have tried braid and tying knots is a pain and i found take i get birds nests with braid but not with fluorocarbon or mono line. I'm looking for a line that i can do fishing on top of the water but also under with some cranks.

Edited by Shad Snacher

I hate trilene, like mentioned already it has terrible memory. I only use braid for bass fishing, 50lb power pro usually. It's strong as hell for pulling fish through the weeds or if you get snagged, plus I find it very sensitive too. If you tie it right it's almost impossible to break. I've snapped brand new hooks in half many times without my line breaking. I wish I could explain how to tie a good knot for braid but it's hard when you can't show how, I'm not even sure the name of the knot I use.

Interesting.

P-Line floro.

If you are casting a reaction bait,it dosent matter what your using.

I use P line floroclear on my spinning and baitcaster. I love the stuff. Trilene xl or xt is good too!

Edited by kuha

Most pros now a days are using nanofil Trilene and not braid because its to heavy and fish can see it.

Why not order a spool of nanofil and let us know how it works :dunno: .I use braid on all my rods and run a floro leader when needed check out the knot tying sites and practice a few braid is great and easy to use once ya get the hang of it. I used to use a improved clinch knot on braid but a polamar knot is really easy and strong.I will definately be trying this nanofil stuff though sound cool .

you shouldn't have to use a floro leader every time it makes ur line weaker because there's a knot in it and plus it cost money to buy leaders u should just be able to tie right onto the lure rather than messing around with floro leaders. leaders should be for pike fishing with steel leaders.

you shouldn't have to use a floro leader every time it makes ur line weaker because there's a knot in it and plus it cost money to buy leaders u should just be able to tie right onto the lure rather than messing around with floro leaders. leaders should be for pike fishing with steel leaders.

I've found that steel leaders can damage fish if they roll. I prefer to use fluoro or mono leaders.

Unfortunately leader are nessasary when drop shoting with braided line unless you want to spool straight floro which is more $$$ than braid and if you tie a good not its plenty strong enough to handle any bass if you feel you have to use trilene then have at it.it is good for top water and cranks because it stretches. BTW I fish erie a lot and is supper clear so floro gives me more confidence in my presentation which = more fish weather or not it actually help doesn't matter as long as they get to the boat. :thumbsup_anim:

Stren almost exclusively, no leaders for bass fishing, true, not necessary, but in lakes with ski`s and pike? figure on losing some lures to them.

Shad you are correct about he knot but I don't think you or Ohio understand the fluoro leader that SRT8 is talking about. THis leader is not a leader to protect against being bitten off by toothy critters, it is a leader about 6 to 20 ft long that is used so that the fish won't see the braid. it is tied line to line using a uni to uni or other knot. The actual knot, when finished is very small and can pass through the eyes of the rod on casts. There is no medal snap or swivel in this kind of a setup. You can use a mono leader or fluoro leader. I use the same setup as SRT and I bet there are hundreds of others here who do as well. Braid with a fluoro leader.

When I used to use mono it was always Trilene XL (but i don't do it anymore)

Edited by Cudz

I see many people are saying the trilene xl is the best for spinning reels so I think ill go for that because I more of a top water fish I use mainly hula poppers top water lures and shallow water lures but i also fish for perch and smaller fish and I think braid would be unnecessary for that kind of fishing

I see many people are saying the trilene xl is the best for spinning reels so I think ill go for that because I more of a top water fish I use mainly hula poppers top water lures and shallow water lures but i also fish for perch and smaller fish and I think braid would be unnecessary for that kind of fishing

feeling bites is always necessary, if your fishing for perch you can go down to a 8-10lb braid and 4-6lb flouro and you will feel it whan a perch farts near your bait :w00t: there is a reason for any set up and using just trilene mono exclusively will catch you fish but don't we all want to catch MORE fish :dunno:

Cudz thats exactly what I'm talking about I put enough for a rod lenth as a leader so I don't have to re tie the back to back uni all the time.