Introduction

I would like to introduce my self, my name is Bryce and I live in the city of Kitchener. I am currently fourteen and have three things on my mind. First off Hockey, Second off Baseball, and third of Fishing. Hockey is my favourite sport! I play goalie and play it year round and hope to go far in my hockey career :thumbsup_anim:

I pretty much love to catch any kind of fish, but Muskie, Pike, and Salmon are my all time favourites. I'm not the greatest fishermen but I know how to fish. This summer I'm going up to Sauble beach to go fish the Sauble River. Do any of you know any facts on the Sauble River? Much appreciated.

Bryce

Welcome to the board Bryce! hang around for awhile their are more then a few in your age group here on OFC.. I am sure you guys will find one another.. as for Sauble I have never fished it myself... perhaps someone will chime in soon that has first hand knowledge.

Gerritt.

Hello Bryce,

Welcome to OFC, you will find the people and posts to be very informative.

I have property up near Sauble Beach and have often fished the Sauble River at Sauble Falls, right next to the provincial park. It is about 5 min north of town. If you go into the variety store on the North East corner just North of the parking lot the gentleman there will tell you everything you need to know about the area and also sells bait including roe sacks...

We have caught mostly trout, but during hot summer days the fishing is difficult unless you are willing to walk a long way from the bridge. It is a great swimming place for all those teens camping at the parks close by.

Good Luck and if you get a chance while up there try fishing on Boat lake or at the boat launch directly adjecent to it. Just ask directions while up there, it is on the road that goes east west from Oliphant to Wiarton... Amazing bass, channel cats, ling, and pike, just watch out for the water snakes .

I look forward to reading your posts.

Cheers,

Jen

Edited by Jen

Welcome to the board Bryce!! Looks like you are already getting an example of why this is the BEST site on the net!

O boy...Another Leafs fan to heckle.... Welcome aboard Bryce :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

LOL Nipissing....we can't all be perfect!

Bly

Hey, thanks everyone and nice to meet you. I will be sure to post some pictures up soon. I currently only have one picture I can scan, which is me and my cousin holding a 4lb Carp we caught in a pond in Stratford that the Fish N' Canada Show went too. Jen thanks for the great tips, I will be sure to tell my Uncle all about it as he is taking me, and two of my cousins camping at Sauble Falls and will be fishing most of trip. I hope to get more pictures and glad to see a great welcome to these forums. As to all you Habs fans, what a great playoff race! PatB we can be the leafs fans of these forums. Thanks all.

Bryce

Welcome aboard bryce i am also new to OFC and i know you'll get alot of great info from these great fisherman and fisherwomen. There are other canadian teams in the NHL then the leafs, great choice with the leafs. :whistling::whistling: