Tackle prices - USA

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

.what's the price in Ontario ? :dunno:

more like $5 i believe. it's a joke. some days in sault ste. marie the bridge traffic is insane just from canadian shoppers going to get gas and milk. money that could be kept in canada if we weren't being gouged.

in may cases the stores in the US buy direct from the company

in Canada distributors buy from the company and sell to the stores so we pay their mark up

Terry, I really don't think so....as we have our share of beer distributors here also. Yesterday I purchased my beer from a chain of drug stores that always has beer on sale...even our big super markets have their beer delivered from distributors....I just think their is more mark up on many items in Ontario....like we have on a pack of cigarettes.... our NYS tax is $4.35 per PACK...so that drives the price way over $9 per pack...now you know why so many go to the Res here for cigarettes. I don't know for sure but I think your alcohol and cigarettes are also highly taxed for your health care system where NYS just blows it on nonsense.

I bought a used craftsman lawn tractor wanted to buy filters for it but refused to pay the $20 for oil and $27 PRICE TAG FOR SIMPLE AIR FILTER.SEARCHED ONLINE AND FOUND ALL THE PARTS AT HALF THE PRICE BUT BRIGS AND STRATTON WOULD NOT SHIP TO CANADA AND REDIRECTED ME TO CANADIAN DISTRIBUTOR AT THE HIGHER PRICES.EVEN ON EBAY I COULD NOT FIND ANYBODY THAT WOULD SHIP OIL FILTERS UP HERE. I LUCKED OUT AND FOUND RITTENHOUSE IN HAMILTON. THE $27 AIR FILTER IS NOW $13 WHICH IS REASONABLE.WE MAY NOT HAVE THE CUSTOMER BASE THEY HAVE IN THE STATES BUT WE DO HAVE AN OPTION SHOP AROUND AND FIND THE BEST BUY.

Wholesale price on a Rapala is $2+ more in Canada then the US. Look at the price label on the back of books, if there was room to put it on lures there would be the same price gap.

I wonder if the big box stores like Walmart have to buy from Canadian Distributors. I have no idea, but one would assume so.

Walmart buys from whoever they can get the best deal from, period, for all of North America. There is very little autonomy for Walmart Canada.

Same for all big box stores.

Terry, I really don't think so....as we have our share of beer distributors here also. Yesterday I purchased my beer from a chain of drug stores that always has beer on sale...even our big super markets have their beer delivered from distributors....I just think their is more mark up on many items in Ontario....like we have on a pack of cigarettes.... our NYS tax is $4.35 per PACK...so that drives the price way over $9 per pack...now you know why so many go to the Res here for cigarettes. I don't know for sure but I think your alcohol and cigarettes are also highly taxed for your health care system where NYS just blows it on nonsense.

Are you complaining about $9 cigarettes ??? I dont smoke, but I think a pack here is about $16 bucks ??

I use skoal from time to time..... a Tin of Skoal in Canada...upwards of $18 ..... in the states.... you can find them on sale...two for $5 bucks.... reg. price is about $4 and some change. Explain to me where the $14 difference is ?

I bought a used craftsman lawn tractor wanted to buy filters for it but refused to pay the $20 for oil and $27 PRICE TAG FOR SIMPLE AIR FILTER.SEARCHED ONLINE AND FOUND ALL THE PARTS AT HALF THE PRICE BUT BRIGS AND STRATTON WOULD NOT SHIP TO CANADA AND REDIRECTED ME TO

CANADIAN DISTRIBUTOR AT THE HIGHER PRICES.EVEN ON EBAY I COULD NOT FIND ANYBODY THAT WOULD SHIP OIL FILTERS UP HERE. I LUCKED OUT AND FOUND RITTENHOUSE IN HAMILTON. THE $27 AIR FILTER IS NOW $13 WHICH IS REASONABLE.WE MAY NOT HAVE THE CUSTOMER BASE THEY HAVE IN THE STATES BUT WE DO HAVE AN OPTION SHOP AROUND AND FIND THE BEST

BUY.

Look up "the ship-it shop" if you live near a USA border...

I use them for all my USA ordered purchases and it's only $3 for most small packages...

They need your name... Phone number... And email address...

And when you ship to them you just put ATTN and your name in the comments box or the address box

Are you complaining about $9 cigarettes ??? I dont smoke, but I think a pack here is about $16 bucks ??

I use skoal from time to time..... a Tin of Skoal in Canada...upwards of $18 ..... in the states.... you can find them on sale...two for $5 bucks.... reg. price is about $4 and some change. Explain to me where the $14 difference is ?

Not complaining about the price of cigarettes as I don't smoke either...just using it as a comparison product...didn't have any idea what people pay in Canada to smoke...but at $16 per pack I would think a lot of them quit or don't take up the nasty habit, especially kids.

Not complaining about the price of cigarettes as I don't smoke either...just using it as a comparison product...didn't have any idea what people pay in Canada to smoke...but at $16 per pack I would think a lot of them quit or don't take up the nasty habit, especially kids.

I agree.... any tobacco habit is a BAD habit... and an expensive one at that. I think the problem is, no one realizes the amount of $$$ they spend on the habit per/yr.... or even a month. Like I said, I chew from time to time, the only time I can afford to is when I cross the border and can buy the chew there. The price has dropped here... but still $13.5 for a tin that lasts roughly 3-4 days ?? Its expensive, and deadly !

If with Shipping / duty / taxes its cheaper buying from the US I will.

I love the local tackle shop and don't mind a buck or 2 difference but there is no way I am going to pay 50% difference in some of the larger items.

Greed will only get you so far before I decide it's not worth shopping at your store.

A few years ago when the dollar here approached par with the U.S. dollar a lot of companies were pressed to explain why there was such a huge price difference on some items. A few basically hummed and hawed and blew smoke. Some former industry insiders blamed tariffs and higher taxes here. Some more honest former industry insiders told the truth, the prices are higher in Canada because we will pay them. That is captialism folks and they charge what the market will bare. Doesn't make it easier to accept but if they can get away with jacking prices for us why wouldn't they?