Rainbow or Salmon ?

Live2fish85

no offence but were you not one person who said a fishing test is not needed. what if that would have been a atlantic or some other speies you were not allowed to keep. This is a problem with our system. we asked questions after the action is done. if you posted this and a warden seen it and it was a fish your were not allowed to keep you would have been charged. this is a prime reason why we need a fishing test. make it 100 bucks. and your first 4 years of fishing is free. things have to change .

Because I'm new to it I have to take a test now lol. It's open in Zone 20 along with the salmon, browns so take a pill. We are all on here because we enjoy fishing not to be harrassed about something because you think your god of fishing, they wouldn't get anyone buying licenses anymore. they do it this way to continue getting money to have co's out and everything else your way means they get no money. Take a pill and write a letter to the MNR telling them your thoughs and wants. I did know that the fish I caught was legal and I also wasn't keeping anything under 24 inches because the atlantic salmon in zone 20 have to be over 24 inches so I did know what I was doing just wasn't sure of the fish. Thank you everyone else for the reply I appreciate it, I now know how to determine the two from some fellow ofners help.

Thanks Chris

FWIW I can see how without any experience those fish could be hard to differentiate. The pictures in the Fish Eating Guide or the regs, for example, do not reflect how the fish look in reality or the major differences between them. If you know that all the trout/salmon species are open and took time to find that out, I see no issue here.

no offence but were you not one person who said a fishing test is not needed. what if that would have been a atlantic or some other speies you were not allowed to keep. This is a problem with our system. we asked questions after the action is done. if you posted this and a warden seen it and it was a fish your were not allowed to keep you would have been charged. this is a prime reason why we need a fishing test. make it 100 bucks. and your first 4 years of fishing is free. things have to change .

He never said anythin about keeping the fish. Just wanted a positive I'd on the fish. So even if it were protected or closed season, a CO isn't gonna do crap all about it other then help him I'd it or comment on the nice catch it was.

Like everyone else did.

chessy relax I dont see a problem here.. no harm done... first of all he posted a steelie and his not sure what it is, but all of the fellow OFNers said it nicely that it was a steelhead... and you came insulting a fellow... Isnt we are here to have fun, learn and teach what we know.. not to let the guy down... if you are really concern about it you could send him a P.M.

dude... this site is not called the best community because of people like you... its because of people who has better things to say....!

PEACE

He's allowed to keep Atlantics from Zone 20 if he wants.

"Learn em young" as someone once said, lol. Seems a few around here are keen on jumping to conclusions.. Just a few though, overall the OFC community is absolutely awesome in many ways! I totally agree with anyone having any issues with a member the first attempt to bring up an issue should be via pm.

Good on you for being prepared in that situation. Your on a role with the monster fish!!!

Edited by manitoubass2

Yea Zone 20 atantics have to be over 24.8 inches And they all were I knew everything else that we may catch was in season I read my regs it's not a matter of that. I just didn't know how to determine the fish they aren't so easy like Bass and the usual lol. Oh well it did taste good lol. Thanks Everyone Else.

yup the 3 fish were over the legal limit all three. your only allowed 1 in lake ontario,if you have a full lic. none if you hold a conservation lic. your missing the point . i can not hunt with out identifing my game fully. but yet you can fish and you dont know what your catching . as you have stated you have since found out after the fact. which i commend you on. but you were slaming guys about boating and doing the same as your buddy. you cant have it both ways.

It's nothing near the same the boating test can save lives the fishing test can't. Have you ever heard misery loves company. Cheer up you'll catch a fish one day maybe after you study for your test.

lol i know all my fish, do you ??? and I even know all the animals I harvest (kill) a test and morals showed me that it is the better way . I am far from misery , misery is people that catch fish and come on here trying to find out what it is after they have killed itwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Edited by chessy

Chessy, when you start to cheese people off, it may be more important to back away from the keyboard than to be right. One day you may need some help, and not get the response you are hoping for because those that can help you have no desire to.

My two cents.

BTW - heck of a catch! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by HTHM

lol i know all my fish, do you ??? and I even know all the animals I harvest (kill) a test and morals showed me that it is the better way . I am far from misery , misery is people that catch fish and come on here trying to find out what it is after they have killed itwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

he was in zone 20, it's in his rights to keep it.

anyone have an icon for "internet toughguy"? :blahblah1: