Which Knots do you use?

redskullz

I use mono line only so i just use an improved clinch knot mostly. When joining two line together i use a blood knot. Which knot do you find is your favorite for tying lures on? Joining two lines together? Please include types of line you use. The main purpose to this thread is we tried a blood knot to join braid to flourocarbon and it kept slipping out...anyone have a good one for that?

For braid to mono or fluoro I use a double uni knot; or sometimes a small barrel swivel tied with a Palomar knot. If the mono/fluoro is much larger diameter than the braid, I use the Reverse Albright knot.

Most of the time I use a Palomar knot. Sometimes improved clinch or Rapala knot. I use these for all line types.

The Albright is the smoothest for Spider thread Braid to flouro. And every tough to cinch it down. This also includes your double uni and blood knots. If you get them cinched tight they won't slip.

I use a triple Surgeon knot fast, easy, never slips and a little rough going threw the guides.

For steelhead fishing under afloat I use the Orivis tippet knot to add a fluorocarbon leader to my mainline. For hooks, jigs and cross-snaps for 10lb fluoro or mono I use the Orivis knot. For larger diameter mono or fluoro I go with the Palomar knot. Joing two lines together (adding line to backing) a uni to unit knot does the job.

muddler

Edited by muddler

I've been trying various knots to tie my leader to my fly line, but the one I'm impressed with so far as far as strength goes is the "nail knot"...

http://www.animatedknots.com/nailknot/index.php?Categ=fishing&LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

I mainly fish with braid, and sometimes flouro, I use a Palomar knot in most cases, if the lure is really big sometimes I use a Trilene/ improved clinch knot.

For attaching 2 lines together I usually use a blood knot, but I want to learn the albright and uni, because sometimes a blood knot doesn't work quite right when the diameters are too different.

To attach my fly line to my leader I use a nail knot, but with a bit of an improvement, I use a small needle, and thread my leader through the eye of the needle, then I poke it about 1/4" into the end of of my fly line and pop it through the side of the fly line and thread the leader through the fly line, then I do the nail knot, I find it really helps it go through the guides a lot easier than having a tag end of fly line sticking out.

Uni knot for almost everything, on both braid and hybrid line. I used the palomar for awhile, but didn't notice any difference in knot strength. I use it all of the time to tie on lures, snaps, swivels. I use uni to uni most of the time to connect two lines. The uni/uni connection works really well even if line diameters are different.

As others have said, the double uni is the staple for attaching two different lines together. All I'll ever use. I like the clinch knot for its simplicity and good strength for tieing to baits, but I like to use the rapala knot for most body baits (especially twitchbaits/countdowns etc).

As others have said, the double uni is the staple for attaching two different lines together. All I'll ever use. I like the clinch knot for its simplicity and good strength for tieing to baits, but I like to use the rapala knot for most body baits (especially twitchbaits/countdowns etc).

Those are mine exactly. I will from time to time go to the perfection loop for big baits that need freedom of movement and for heavy duty leaders.

I use a loop system for fly fishing. I make a small loop on the fly line and lash it fly tying thread coated with pliobond. All leaders have a perfection lop tied on the butt end by me or come witha a poly loop already on them. Changing leaders is simpler that way. I make my own furled leaders for drys.

muddler

Mono to mono, Triple Surgeons hands down!

The "Triple Surgeons" knot is far superior in my opinion and so much easier to tie!

The "Double Uni" is also a solid knot, but a pain in the ass to tie in comparison to the "Triple Surgeon."