Thrashers to the Peg

kickingfrog

I heard on the radio that someone high up on the inside has told them that the deal was in fact in place and Bettman was furious about the leak and put everything on hold just to let everyone know who was in charge. Sounds like typical Bettman. Brunt is level headed and I will give him the benefit of the doubt. His track record suggests that his reporting is on the level. Bettman's track record suggests that he is a control freak and would certainly think nothing of turning this thing upside down for two weeks. Oh well, the truth will come out eventually.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Grimace

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

it's a good day to be canadian, and i'm not afraid to say that i had a little tear in my eye watching the press conference...

let's hope the people of winnipeg embrace this opportunity and the seasons tickets sales go like hotcakes. a huge response might expedite the return of another franchise to Canada. bettman is an ass, but he speaks in dollars and cents...

We`ll see how it goes, selling 13,000 season tickets may not sound like a big deal to some but we`ll see when it comes time to write the check!

For example if you want a pair of the best seats you need to sign a 5 year agreement and that is almost 60 grand and 10 grand for the worst seats in the house, it will be interesting to see how fast all these Jets fans are willing to write checks that large.

This team will need to sell out every night just to perhaps afford the NHL floor salary and equally as interesting and with all due respect to Manitobians it will be interesting to see if top tier free agents and their families will want to call Winnipeg home.

It will be interesting to see how long Thompson is willing to write cheques as well!

This team will need to sell out every night just to perhaps afford the NHL floor salary and equally as interesting and with all due respect to Manitobians it will be interesting to see if top tier free agents and their families will want to call Winnipeg home.

Edmonton also has a tougher time attracting players.... I hope the northern climate doesn't scare away too many good players from Winnipeg. The Jets management will decide the fate of this team in the end. A properly run team will do well. As long as they don't trade Teemu Selanne again haha. GRRRR to John Paddock the GM back in those days.