When it all comes together!

Big Cliff

Pikeslayer and Pikeslayer Jr. were due to come up this weekend to do a little fishing. We watched the weather reports all week hoping that the weather forecasts would change but they didn't. We decided to hell with the weather reports, they are wrong 85% of the time anyway so we decided that rain or shine we'd give it a shot anyway.

Saturday morning bright and early I got an email from Simon saying they were on their way. Good, I got breakfast started so we could eat and hit the water early. Breakfast finished we dawned our rain gear and headed out. We decided to give the crappie a shot first thing in the morning while the water was still cool. Well, the fishing was very active with many large blue gills, sunfish, pumkinseed, SM bass, rock bass and yes, even a few nice crappie thrown into the mix for good measure. We were having so much fun that we delayed in heading out for walleye, I knew where we could catch a few of those later in the day. We actually stayed and fished pan fish until lunch time.

Back home for lunch and a warmer upper, we enjoyed some wonderful saussages that Simon and Sean had brought up with them then we headed back out to see if we could scare up a walleye or two. A few hits but nothing landed after a bit and the boys decided perhaps a nice nap would be in order since they had been up and on the road at such an early hour. We came back to the house to get rested up for the evening.

Early evening and the rain started to happen but the walleye were in tight so we decided that we'd just sit tight and fish right off the dock. It didn't take long and Simon had one on but lost it. Sean landed two that were in the slot and I landed one that was under the slot. Simon managed a couple of pan fish but got shut out on the walleye which was disapointing for me. The guys stayed and fished for a bit longer while I came up to the house and made a bit of supper for us.

By the time we finished supper and Simon cleaned up all the fish we got, and there were a few!!!!! (under the watchfull eye of Sean) we were all ready for bed so to bed we went, it didn't take very long for any of us to get to sleep Fresh air and good fishing and a "warmer upper" seems to do that. :whistling:

Thank you Simon and Sean for making this one opening weekend I will remember fondly for a very long time! You are both part of a very elite group of people that immediatly feel like you are family when you come for a visit. Sue and I feel very blessed to know you!

Edited by Big Cliff

Sorry for the late reply Cliff.

It was a wet and slow drive home along the 401 but Sean and I were bouyed by the memories & soon to be famous stories (" yep, that's a keeper" LMAO) of an awesome opening weekend. A great start of a tradition with many more to come my friend.

What can I say....Cliff covered most of the details but I need to add; that what truly made this event memorable was the feeling that it was a 'way past due' family reunion. Spending time with you and Sue is like being home.

Here's Cliff & Sean with a couple of prized openers.

SANY0356.jpg

See you soon my friend.

Simon.

Nice job Cliff!!!!!!

I may see you next weekend if the weather is nice and everyone is healthy (wife has flu today!!!)

We are planning a Sunday night stay over in Lindsay to do some fishing... my whole family (kids and wife)

Landry

Nice job Cliff!!!!!!

I may see you next weekend if the weather is nice and everyone is healthy (wife has flu today!!!)

We are planning a Sunday night stay over in Lindsay to do some fishing... my whole family (kids and wife)

Landry

Keep me posted!

Simon you could have at least cropped me out of that one LOL I look ugly enough without you putting me in there with Sean.

Coulda been the whiskey, might of been the gin. Coulda been the three or four six pack......... :whistling: :whistling:

I thought you were pretty darn handsome when I took the picture.

Coulda been the whiskey, might of been the gin. Coulda been the three or four six pack......... :whistling: :whistling:

I thought you were pretty darn handsome when I took the picture.

Nope...Cliff still looks the same as when we were cell mates !!!rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Nope...Cliff still looks the same as when we were cell mates !!!rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

That does it Beans, you promissed you'd never tell, besides I was younger then but spending time in a cell with you would age anyone :whistling:

Anyway, how you doing my old friend? Did you get that motor fired up ok?

That does it Beans, you promissed you'd never tell, besides I was younger then but spending time in a cell with you would age anyone :whistling:

Anyway, how you doing my old friend? Did you get that motor fired up ok?

Cliff I think Beans is refering to the t*e*r*r*o*i*s*t cell you were in together...... :tease::tease: