Went for a walk with the Mrs and kids'

GBW

So this morning like most mornings my wife got up and went for a run. Today she did a different route because she was with a friend who didn't want to go for a long run. On the run she heard some splashing in this old dry run off bed so she looked and found some fish. When she got home she told me and both kids' looked right at me and said can we go catch them dad?!?!?!?! the Mrs looks at me and give me the :thumbsup_anim: to head out, in fact we all head out.

Got to the spot and there was 4 in one pool and a bunch more around in other pools.

This is an OLD river and it only holds water with lots of rain and I have NO CLUE when and where (or if for that matter) if it connects to Lake O.

Needless to say we didn't have much room to fish so I brought my 7' spinning rod and here is the end result...

100_3021.jpg

It's going to be a good day today and tomorrow as tomorrow thses go in the smoker... :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by GBW

I' m in Brookilin all day tomorrow, visiting my daughter, will they be ready?

Yup, in the smoker just after noon at 170* for a bit and presto, they are done. You are more then welcome to take home a snack considering how close you will be to me. send PM for directions if you don't have them still.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Beatiful fish. I've worked on the tribs around your area many times... it was always a pleasure..

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

what lady? :whistling:

both of these male fish were done and had very little 'milk' left in them

thanks all!

My bad, top one definitely looks female compared to the bright cheeked fella on the bottom :)

Yup, in the smoker just after noon at 170* for a bit and presto, they are done. You are more then welcome to take home a snack considering how close you will be to me. send PM for directions if you don't have them still.

[/quote

GBW hope all went well. I came out with my other daughter and a bit late (I have 4) Spent the day inside with the grandkids (3) as the dads went golfing! Were a non traditional bunch we had a turkey dinner! Irish can relate with my Sundays and family. The new 'store' in Bomanville is coming along just fine . .

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated. One of my first Typograpghy teachers (in the 70s) lives on Anderson and I mIssed him also. Keep getting them,the kids are having a blast. Apples don't fall far from the tree.

A