Opening Trout Season

torco

I was really looking forward to trying my fly rod on some browns and rainbows this weekend. Doesn't look promising in my area.

But here is the latest long weekend forecast for the guelph area.

Friday high of 9 variable cloudiness but close 15mm of rain expected in 24hr period

Saturday high of 14 cloudy with showers 25-35mm of rain expected in 24hr period

Sunday high of 14 cloudy with showers 10+ mm of rain expected.

Those who planned to head north fair no better with ice still thick on most the algonquin region.

I hear ya torco, I live in the Guelph area and noticed the crappy weather heading our way. I was planning on hitting the Credit for a weekend of bliss (I'm from Caledon), though now I might just have to be satisfied dipping my line in the water. Are you planning on fishing the Grand for bows and browns? I had the misfortune last lear of trying to fish the Grand after a rainstorm and it was near impossible using my fly rod... I typically spin cast so I'm not too concern about the Credit, but I really wish Mother Nature had taken a weekend off.

Tight lines!

I was going to avoid the grand this weekend just because I figured it would be really busy and fish some smaller creeks and tributaries around. There is a little branch i believe is off the credit I have had success at spin fishing for residents bows and browns and was hoping to try on my fly rod. But if the water is too high and brown, I may have to look at something different.

Yeah I made the mistake of wasting my time trying to fish the grand after a storm. I actually didn't get in the water as it looked pretty unsafe.

I was really looking forward to trying my fly rod on some browns and rainbows this weekend. Doesn't look promising in my area.

But here is the latest long weekend forecast for the guelph area.

Friday high of 9 variable cloudiness but close 15mm of rain expected in 24hr period

Saturday high of 14 cloudy with showers 25-35mm of rain expected in 24hr period

Sunday high of 14 cloudy with showers 10+ mm of rain expected.

Those who planned to head north fair no better with ice still thick on most the algonquin region.

Hi everyone...Why not consider zone 16? I've looked at some of the tribs this past month and they're definitley "fly-able"

Hope to see everyone Easter week-end!

Fred

35mm of rain is going to blow out a lot of rivers this weekend and piss off a few people :)

I have a place in mind for brookies, we'll see what happens Sat morning. If not, I'll fish it next weekend.

Go for that walk Bill.Small spinners. :whistling:

We are not shuting down theis weekend,so looks like Ill be dry.LOL

Can't believe so many look at a weather forecast 5 days out and start cancelling their plans!! :wallbash: Just pack the car and go. Heck.. I've got a May 1st date with GBay and at this point we're missing over 3 feet of water where we want to get the boat through. Maybe Andy will show a picture or two to show what I'm talking about. Rain.. bring it on! lol

I'll get out at some point, even if it is mid next week. Lots of fish moving where I would normally go, hopefully some of them will still be around. Hell I don't mind catching the dropbacks :whistling:

Can't believe so many look at a weather forecast 5 days out and start cancelling their plans!! :wallbash: Just pack the car and go.

The places I had in mind are blown now that but would have been spot-on by the weekend given no more rain :wallbash: I'm not so desperate to get out on opener that I'm prepared to risk wading a muddy river with 3 feet of extra water - one is currently currently running at twice the amount I'd consider wading in. I'll go for a walk to one of the closer places with my gear in the car on the off-chance though :)

Edited by cuzza

Well for me up here.... rain or shine.... I'm targetting specks in a lake :)B)

are your brookie lakes still locked up? my darn lakes in the laurentians are still all iced in!!!

might have to break out the auger :wallbash::wallbash:

btw they are calling for 15-30cms of snow for our areas in the mountains..

Edited by carll2

There is always somewhere to fish....I dont mind getting wet!

I couldn't agree more! Torco, yea if there is the rain they are predicting then I'll likely keep away from the Credit, but I know a number of tribs that don't get dirty so I'll just hit them instead... I can't wait, even if it means I'll be dripping when I'm done!

are your brookie lakes still locked up? my darn lakes in the laurentians are still all iced in!!!

might have to break out the auger :wallbash::wallbash:

btw they are calling for 15-30cms of snow for our areas in the mountains..

I don't know yet Carl.... haven't been out that way yet, but will know more on Friday. Lac Leamy has been ice free for some time now so I'm hoping to other lakes will be :)

Freezing rain is on the menu for our area :wallbash: