HABBBBBBBBBBBBBS

darsky

this quote... “Asked Subban today if his spin-o-rama could be construed as cockiness. ‘Well, then Bobby Orr was the cockiest player in NHL history.’”

this was your first line in the post. "Check out this article where Subban directly compares himself to Bobby Orr"

That first line was a false interpretation of statement and sounded like a news anchor trying to hook an audience to listen to a news story then after hearing it...the audience being like oh...well that's not interesting... How misleading LOL Do you work in media? Run a gossip column? You should...

In my opinion there is no way it can be understood as PK comparing his talents to being the next Bobby Orr's. He's defending himself from the criticism he's received. I'm tired of all the monotone hockey player interviews and political correctness. I love his sarcasm and flare. It pissed me off when Jacques Martin scolded him at the start of the year for excessive celebrating and flamboyancy. Jacques has always been conservative and old school. Any buzz is good buzz. Lame veterans don't like flamboyant youngsters coming in the league and stepping on toes no doubt. Is PK supposed to get run over by veterans and keep his mouth shut? Is he supposed to change the style of hockey he plays which has made him the player he is so that he can play simple ABC hockey? It's not who he is and probably wouldn't be in the NHL. Was Ovechkin's enthusiasm not a complete turn around in Washington? He was criticized even more than PK obviously. Eyes are on Montreal and a young confident upcoming superstar! He will never have Bobby Orr's numbers. The league and everything about it is different but how many other defense men can skate and shoot the puck like that? The Prongers and Lidstroms have their place. Not many like Subban though so he sticks out...also he's a black Dman in the NHL. Yet another thing that sets him apart to stand out. IT'S HIS ROOKIE SEASON and he is in the upper echelon of NHL defense men already. He has proven he is in no way detrimental to the team or the league.

Everything I have posted is easily found with a simple google search(except maybe the satellite radio quote)

Once again I DID NOT WRITE THE BLOG!!! you have your opinion and I have mine, which apparently if it's contrary to yours, is not valid, and no I'm not in media I'm a truck driver, my analysis of the Quote is as follows: The reporter asks PK if he thinks it's cocky to do the spin-o-rama, PK replies, "well then bobby orr was the cockiest player in NHL history." Nowhere in the question did the reporter mention bobby orr, so one can only think that PK is comparing his Spin-o-rama to bobby orrs and thus his game to bobby orrs. IMO!!!!!!!!!!!

Next point: what type of critisism was he receiving last November when the article was written? I was under the impression that he was the toast of the town back then?

As far as the attitude he presents, I say bring it on, we need more quality Sean Avery and Matt Cook type mouths in the league, next thing you know they'll be taking down the glass and installing ropes and turnbuckles. This is the NHL home of the classiest athletes on the planet, not the WWE or NFL.... IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jjcanoe

JJ I respect your opinion. I just think you look too much into that one comment...but PK is not dirty,rude,disrespectful nor does he intend to injure anyone like Sean Avery and Matt Cooke LOL

guys I was just passing on a relavent news item, I happen to think that PK is a very talented player and never once said he was a dirty player, it will be his mouth that gets him into trouble not his on ice play, a young guy like that (I was young with attitude once to lol) might not alway realize the best time to bite that tongue before a regretful comment slips out.

jjcanoe

Dude I don't watch golf, I'd rather watch paint dry. I've watched or listened to at least 90% of the playoff games between this year and last years playoffs and yes many of them were montreal games, let me help you out with your fixation on the Leafs, book a tee time here and mybe you can get an autograph.

Southern Pines

:blahblah1:

JJ go back to cheering your own golf team and save the PK drivel.

guys I was just passing on a relavent news item, I happen to think that PK is a very talented player and never once said he was a dirty player, it will be his mouth that gets him into trouble not his on ice play, a young guy like that (I was young with attitude once to lol) might not alway realize the best time to bite that tongue before a regretful comment slips out.

jjcanoe

You were misrepresenting a quote. End on story. Every one else sees it.

You were misrepresenting a quote. End on story. Every one else sees it.

all depends on your point of view. I can see how it could be misinterpreted in a pro-habs thread.

and for the sake of this thread (no need to lock it down),

*swallows his pride* go habs go

please don't tell my kids I said that

Yes, Mr "dehydrated" is in the line up tonight.

Ahh no news yet there Wayne!! He is still a game time decision and it will not matter because he will not be 100% anyway. If he has the flu then he should have stayed away from the team.

Edited by Squid

Dude I don't watch golf, I'd rather watch paint dry. I've watched or listened to at least 90% of the playoff games between this year and last years playoffs and yes many of them were montreal games, let me help you out with your fixation on the Leafs, book a tee time here and mybe you can get an autograph.

Southern Pines

sorry man I dont golf just muskie fish and cheer on my HABS!