Ice out?

trevy727

Not here!!! LOL :tease::tease::tease:

Maybe next month, late next month. :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Forcast.jpg

im going to work at plummers this year on great bear, how is it that the ice in yk goes out mid-late may and on great bear the ice goies out 5-15th july? how many kms north of you are they?

im going to work at plummers this year on great bear, how is it that the ice in yk goes out mid-late may and on great bear the ice goies out 5-15th july? how many kms north of you are they?

It goes out on the smaller lakes around town about the May 24 weekend and on Great Slave it goes out in mid to late june.

Up at Plummers the ice went out in early June last year, but it generally goes out the last week of June first week of July. I have seen it go out as late as the third week of July.

FYI, Great Bear is 400 miles North of Yellowknife.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

It goes out on the smaller lakes around town about the May 24 weekend and on Great Slave it goes out in mid to late june.

Up at Plummers the ice went out in early June last year, but it generally goes out the last week of June first week of July. I have seen it go out as late as the third week of July.

FYI, Great Bear is 400 miles North of Yellowknife.

wow sounds like i may be fishing between ice floes mid-july :clapping::clapping::clapping: cant wait!!!

The last of the ice blew out of my bay on Buckhorn yesterday. I think we're pretty much ice free throughout the Kawarthas now.

Not quite Jer...was down by Taites Bay this afternoon and still lots of ice but it is deteriorating quickly...our lagoon is ice free except at the mouth...this weekend the bay might be ice-free...lost the pics I took...will try again tomorrow...

any Minden or Haliburton updates?

It's going out fast. 3 days ago; hardly any open water. Yesterday (it's still dark) several lakes had opened up completly and the remaining ice is very dark. I was out on Horseshoe yesterday, and it's mostly ice free. Mountain still has lots, but it is very dark.

Check out the modis sattelite shot...

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.cgi/modis?region=o&page=1&template=sub&image=a1.11102.1852.LakeOntario.143.250m.jpg

Looks like most of the kawarthas are good to go ice wise.

Awesome, looks like I can run from Keswick almost to my favourite area, maybe it'll be free by the weekend.... I coming for you Mumbo Jumbos...

Edited by Harrison