So its pimp my fishin boat time.

ryanheritage

Theres alot to think about bookoobeast, the best tip I can give you is take your time! Especially if you plan on pulling one of the benches. I'm in the middle of putting in a new front and rear deck and it takes time. I'm not using wood, though. I'm using aluminum which adds alot more time to the project. If you want to do it right, you should be sure of each step. Theres a couple of threads already started on the subject...

here... http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4936

and here... http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5008

Hope this helps!

okay here the progress so far... I have made my back seat into a bench, framed in the front casting deck, and started the frame work for the floor.... I ran out of aluminum tubing.... So I have to pick up a bit more materials then I will complete the floor framing. then add wood then carpet and voila!

boat1resize.jpg

boat2resize.jpg

Well At first I was worried about that too, but my old back seat wasn't a bench it was just a side seat. so when I removed the middle bench i put it where my old 1/4 seat was and now its a solid bench across. It seems extreamley solid now. and the area between the back seat and front doesn't really have flex. But the aluminum floor bracing ( 3/8 thick 1" Inside diameter) is also going to put some extra strength back there too. I also have made the front bench an extra 1.5 wider so that will help aswell.

What about the issue of replacing the floatation foam from the center seat. Like Wayne said about the center seat structural replacement, an aquaintance I know only removed part of the center seat and ended up having major stress cracks due to the extra flexing of the hull in that area. I wonder how much the total cost of the material is going to be. Good luck.

If it aint got 300W it aint pimped...

Was thinkin that today when I was thumpin down the river with the Beastie Boys crankin today.I think I saw a couple of floating carp after we passed over them.Does that count in the tourney?

Joe

all the floatation has been moved to the back seat and underneathe the centre casting platform will be styrofoam (the pink sheets) and foam spray... For flotation and for sound deadining. My casting seck is 5 and 3/8 high off the hull so it will help with the centre seat removal. The boat itself to is prob about 18 gauge so its pretty sturdy. I will be double and triple checking flex issues. I only have a 4 stroke 15 honda on it so it ain't no racer lol. plus I mostly troll everywhere any how lol. and so far on materials I have spent 80 on aluminum I need to spen another 30 and 6 on rivets, 10 on special butyl caulking, wood will cost me 50 and carpet is 5.60 a yard. and 20 more for screws and contact cement for carpet. I am recycling as much as possible, an 5 gallon pail cut in half for a bait livewell and a cooler will sacrifice its life at the beach to become a fish live well.