Looking for a good neurosurgeon

bucktail

Dr says its time to fix my back after so many pinched nerves that I am starting to lose the use of my arm.

Getting an MRI tomorrow but they havnt contacted me yet to see the surgeon.

Wondering if anyone here in the Burlington area has had to have any spinal surgery.

Also any expierences with disc and nerve work out there?

If it was bypass work Darren.. I'd tell you to run into Trillium in Missisauga complaining of chest pains. Brother had his quint done there last July.. and he's back to healthier than he has been in over 20 years. He did have micro surgery for his hand a ways back, after getting it crushed in a garage door spring.. I think surgery was a St. Mikes.. but I'll ask him when I see him on Wednesday.

Dr says its time to fix my back after so many pinched nerves that I am starting to lose the use of my arm.

Getting an MRI tomorrow but they havnt contacted me yet to see the surgeon.

Wondering if anyone here in the Burlington area has had to have any spinal surgery.

Also any expierences with disc and nerve work out there?

Im still recovering from back surgery. Oct. 28 2010. I have been doing a great Pysiotherapy program since Dec./2010

I went for 2 years with a bulging disc L4-L5. Could hardly feel my right leg and sleeping was terrible. Finaly got the surgery, in at 11am and out the door by 9pm with a handfull of the good stuff. It was the best decision ever. I saw a surgeon at Toronto Western Hospital. Dr. Rampersaud. A stand up guy and he has a great reputation. Good luck. Its not as scary as it seems.

I went threw hell about 5 years ago when I ruptured C4,5 and 6 discs in my neck. Family doctor slapped me on the back and said to buck up it's only a pinched nerve and I shouldn't be complaining so much. A month of severe pain and no sleep. A quick turnaround from a walk in clinic doctor, off to Dr Trotter in Oakville and I had an MRI and was sitting in Dr Marmor's office (101 Queensway W)in less than 72 hours later.

I must have had horseshoes as the discs relaxed 3-4 weeks before the surgery and my arm/leg pain subsided to a level I can live with now.

I had a very comfortable feeling in all my visits with Dr Marmor (101 Queensway W). He came very highly recommended from my neurologist and the reviews on the internet from other patients were all top notch. He's associated with Trillium that usually does most of these types of surgery in the west end.

He passed the "wife" test as she did all the digging inot the surgery and risks. Look him up, all I ever saw were glowing reviews and alot of God Bless him('s)!!!

Good luck with everything and be careful with the percocet. They're some crazy/nasty stuff.

As far as I can make out they will want to remove some of my C-6 and clean up the bone spurs that are pressing on the nerve root on my left arm. They take a wedge of bone from my hip and insert the peice then bolt the vertbrates together with some titanium.

I have had it going bad off and on for 10 years but now the numbness doesnt go away and the last bout of blinding pain lasted 12 weeks.

I havnt even got a apt yet for one but I get the MRI tomorrow and my Dr says its time.

Im really concerened about the recovering time , as I have to take care of my wife who is disbled.

I hate not knowing but the thought of loosing my left arm is freakin me out.

BTW thanks guuys for the good thoughts I appreciate it.

As far as I can make out they will want to remove some of my C-6 and clean up the bone spurs that are pressing on the nerve root on my left arm. They take a wedge of bone from my hip and insert the peice then bolt the vertbrates together with some titanium.

I have had it going bad off and on for 10 years but now the numbness doesnt go away and the last bout of blinding pain lasted 12 weeks.

I havnt even got a apt yet for one but I get the MRI tomorrow and my Dr says its time.

Im really concerened about the recovering time , as I have to take care of my wife who is disbled.

I hate not knowing but the thought of loosing my left arm is freakin me out.

BTW thanks guuys for the good thoughts I appreciate it.

I feel for you man. You've got a long hard road ahead of you.

Sending as much good karma your way as possible.

I had a herniated disc repaired about 11 years ago Darren and hafta tell ya, I was nervous as hell going into it, infact even scared at the thought of the Doc cutting around my spine, but it turned out to be nothing compared to what I was expecting.

I went home from the hospital on the 3rd day with the least amount of pain I'd felt in a year and within a couple weeks the pain was all just a bad memory.

Your problems sound a bit more serious than mine were but good luck with whatever the Docs have to do and hopefully you'll come out of it all as well as I did.

Don't know any surgeons, but I could point you in the right direction if you ever required a real good chiropractor. He is a chiropractic radiologist, which is one step up from a chiropractor. His office is in downtown Hamilton. He may even be able to point you in the right direction for a surgeon as well, given the nature of his line of work. Send me a PM if you want his contact.

Edited by Fish4Eyes

Like Lew, I had back surgery in the late 90's... Microdiscectomy... it was done by this guy http://www.ratemds.com/doctor-ratings/949885/Dr-Michael-Ford-Toronto-ON.html

He's the cat's meow! If you can get to see him, he will take care of you.

I feel for yah bud, the spine and everything around it is a major life changer... and after my surgury, I was a new man!

HH