Things not to cook in the Microwave (NF)

camillj

Ok,

Under the topic of it is better to learn from other peoples mistakes ... I offer up the first in what I expect to be a long list of things NOT to cook in the microwave ...

1. Tuna Melts ... (tuna, cheese, celery on half english muffin) today I tried to re-heat one (1 minute) - result : small nuclear explosion :stretcher: ... tuna ALL over the inside of the microwave .. why ??? ... not sure really :dunno: ... but it could have been the cheese acting as a steam block .. not willing to try again to watch and see :rofl2:

Please add your own (keep it tasteful)

If you take a minute to learn how a microwave works, you'll know what you can and what you cannot microwave. Aluminum foil or any metal should never be placed in a microwave, right?

Ok now riddle me this. How come the inside of your microwave oven is made of metal?

If you take a minute to learn how a microwave works, you'll know what you can and what you cannot microwave. Aluminum foil or any metal should never be placed in a microwave, right?

Ok now riddle me this. How come the inside of your microwave oven is made of metal?

And how come they specifically tell you to put a little tinfoil on the ends of your drumstucks if you are (not that I ever would anyway) cooking trukey in a microwave.

Also ... my microwave cam with a rack (like the one in your oven) ... agian we never use it .. but it is definitely made of stainless steel (or nickel plated)

Many years ago, I bought a breakfast sandwich, I think it was Harvey's but can't remember. It was in a bag and I just threw the bag in the micro at work and pressed reheat and went to my desk for a minute. Next thing you know, the fire alarm is going off and the kitchen was filled with smoke. The bag in the micro was in flames. The Fire dep't came, it was quite embarassing.

The sandwich was wrapped in a thin tinfoil lined wrapper, then put in the paper bag.

Never did that again.

Well I must say that in my "younger" years :whistling: I had been known to on a dare, at a seven-eleven, put an un-opened can of chilli in their microwave and leave the store. :oops:B):ninja:

Another interesting experiment is to put a burned out light bulb in a microwave and watch the element glowing as brightly as ever bouncing around the inside of the bulb. Fun light show. :angel:

Ah, youthful exuberance!

1st off, celery is 90% water,

the cheese melted and covered the celery, now the water from the celery boiled inside the cheese creating a balloon effect and the steam popped out of the cheese.

Thus sending your entire lunch on a new mission. :rofl2:

The tuna was just along for the ride...... :tease:

20 seconds would have been a lot better outcome !!!!!! :rofl2: