car topper?

newboykool

Hi, bass season is coming soon and there are 2 small lakes that i've been going with my canoe for the past 2 years. They both has a sign that says "authorized boats not allowed" or something like that to stop the boats that uses gas. I've seen ppl in the lake with aluminum boats in there with a trolling moter mounted to it and i've gotten tired of paddling...anyone have any suggestions regard to the size of boat i should get to replace the canoe on my car top and the estimated price for the set up? ( i'm looking for used ones )

Also, i'd love to take it off your hands if anyone who has something like that they would like to get rid of with a reasonable price =]

thx :Gonefishing:

Are you sure your allowed to use your boat in that lake?? I know some lakes where boats are not allowed, in order to stop the transfer of invasive species, and the signs say the same as what your seeing. Doesn't matter if you have a gas or electric motor, your boat isn't allowed in the lake.

S.

Does the sign say "No motorized boats"? A piece of 2x4 and a couple of angle brackets makes for an excellent motor mount. Just notch the wood to fit on the gunnals and support it with the angle brackets. Cheap 20-30lbs trolling motors are commonly found for under $100.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

for the money you'll spend on a car topper, i'd invest in a small aluminum and trailer but that's just me. or as has been suggested, an electric on a canoe works wonderfully.

Thank you all for the replies =]

to be honest , i don't remember what the exact words are on the sign lol

but i'm 100% sure that electric motors are allowed

it's just saying that boats with like..gas motors aren't allowed

i guess i'll just go look for a trolling motor and mount it to the canoe

but i'll be still open for any one who wants to get rid of their car topper =]

once again~

thank you guys =]

Another vote for the canoe with a trolling motor. That's what I started with.

But one thing I might add. I knew I was going to get a larger boat in a future, so I got a little bigger trolling motor. That way when I bought my 14' tinner, I could pull the trolling motor off the canoe, and use it on the tinner.