Man fined $50,000 for importing Asian carp

his sentence should be to hop on a seadoo and fly at 95kmph in an area infested by the jumping menace hopefully he'd get hit by one of them suckers :sarcasm:

That is too good of a sentence for that :asshat:. He should lose his business after trying that crap for a 2nd time on top of the fines.

there is such a huge number of trucks crossing the border crossing each day that they cant possibly check every single vehicle thoroughly, if your paperwork looks in order and you have what you need you normally just get let through. they do random checks and checks on people who dont have their stuff in order. at least thats how it was when i was picking up inventory in michigan for my buddys warehouse weekly. that was a few years back now

If he paid 40K for the first offence, and did it again, just imagine how much money he has, and will again make when he does it the 3rd timewallbash.gif

Thats a huge fine for you and i, but it seems like a mere slap on he wrist for this guy.

Remove the demand is the only way to stop the crime.I'm pretty sure he wasnt dumping them in the lake and giggling his asshat.gif off.He was selling them to members of his community who eat them as a delicacy and staple part of their diet.

If he was that brazen to continue to bring the fish over, could one extrapolate that some of these

fish made it to a few local ponds.....

Possibly, but highly unlikely.

These fish were money to him.Big money.And they were probably already sold or promised to customers.

Possibly, but highly unlikely.

These fish were money to him.Big money.And they were probably already sold or promised to customers.

But why transport live fish? I guess they might stay fresher.. but I'm sure a cooler would do the job...

If he paid 40K for the first offence, and did it again, just imagine how much money he has, and will again make when he does it the 3rd timewallbash.gif

Thats a huge fine for you and i, but it seems like a mere slap on he wrist for this guy.

Remove the demand is the only way to stop the crime.I'm pretty sure he wasnt dumping them in the lake and giggling his asshat.gif off.He was selling them to members of his community who eat them as a delicacy and staple part of their diet.

Exactly, everything in todays world revolves around money. All I know is if I did something terribly wrong I would rather debt than jail and anybody would. As others said take away a privilege....like your driving license for life maybe :good:

If he was that brazen to continue to bring the fish over, could one extrapolate that some of these

fish made it to a few local ponds.....

I seen a report on TV that said as a custom Asians purchase 2 fish, release one and eat one, so this may be why they transported them alive.

With a second offense I would think jail time is in order addition to the 50k fine.

I seen a report on TV that said as a custom Asians purchase 2 fish, release one and eat one, so this may be why they transported them alive.

Unfortunately you are correct. In some traditions the fish is released alive, so it's fairly safe to assume that some of these fish would have been released. And who knows how many have already have made it through and have been. It's really sad that some people just don't have enough respect for this country and our resources.