FOR THOSE WHO LIKE TO DRINK ON THE ICE

fishhunter

Never understood why you have to drink to fishdunno.gif It just makes no sense at all. Fish, drive home safely, have a few beers talk about your day. At least there would be less yellow snow mucking up the pristeen landscape and less bloodstained snowbanks along the sides of our highways.Who cares if you can drink in an ice hut or not....reallywhistling.gif

So why can you drink and drive on a golf course?

Because bureaucrats and lawyers are golfers.

you can drink if you're walking on the course because it's considered private property and the course has a liquor licence....but if you're impaired and driving a golf cart it's no difference than if you're driving a car

you can drink if you're walking on the course because it's considered private property and the course has a liquor licence....but if you're impaired and driving a golf cart it's no difference than if you're driving a car

Awe but,if they serve you,somebodies going to make alot of money in a lawsuit.Just say,n.

young_one and I got pulled over last year getting off the ice and the cop didn't believe that we didn't drink cause I had a open box of beer in my car. I offered to do a breath test and that's when he let me go. We left the beer in my car and took his truck out on the ice.

Never understood why you have to drink to fishdunno.gif It just makes no sense at all. Fish, drive home safely, have a few beers talk about your day. At least there would be less yellow snow mucking up the pristeen landscape and less bloodstained snowbanks along the sides of our highways.Who cares if you can drink in an ice hut or not....reallywhistling.gif

I for one like a cold beer when i'm ice fishing.

Also keep in mind some people see ice fishing as a social event more than an actual fishing trip. Not everyone is a serious fisherman.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i'm with cram. i don't bring a bunch of beer fishing. typically it's 1 or 2 for an entire day, and none if it's cold out. but there's very few passive activities that aren't better when you're having a beer.

i'll take my fine when i get caught and i'll be seeing the JofP shortly after.

:whistling:

I hear ya Doc. I dont understand it, dont make it wrong.Unfortunately, the social drinker like you is forced to abide by laws put in place to control the drunken yahoos that smash their skidoos into ice huts at nite, and drive their cars into peoples living rooms under the influence. I must admit though, the Ontario Liquour laws are really weird.Cant drink unless there is a kitchen and a place to cookhuh.gif

Cant drink on your front porch of your houseblink.gifetc etc...... Sounds like an uptite little community goin on over thereangel.pngwhistling.gif

Also keep in mind some people see ice fishing as a social event more than an actual fishing trip. Not everyone is a serious fisherman.

Personally I'll have a bevy or two when out on the ice...and in some cases I've had lots :blush:

But bare in mind I'm walking out to the hut and and I'm walking back to the cabin at the end of the day.

My car keys hit the rack Friday night, and stay there till Sunday Evening.

And None of us have nor need a Machine to get where we're going.

Sometimes I'm out solo and I stick to coffee.

But though the winter I head out with the Boys once or twice and we yuk it up somthing awfull but there is

no harm done :angel:

We're just shooting the crap, playing cards, and having a ball the way we like to do it.

Its really more of an On Ice Poker Tourney with a slight chance of catching fish :w00t:

If I got fined I'd gladly pay it just because I know I've gotten away with it for years lol...

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I hear ya Doc. I dont understand it, dont make it wrong.Unfortunately, the social drinker like you is forced to abide by laws put in place to control the drunken yahoos that smash their skidoos into ice huts at nite, and drive their cars into peoples living rooms under the influence.

Look at it like speeding. If you don't have a history of "speeding" tickets, and you're not going 30-50 over, often people are given the benefit of the doubt and let off with a warning.

I think liquor fines should be no different. Unfortunately, on the select days the MNR/OPP put officers in the field in my area, they are under pressure to issue tickets and discretion goes out the window.

If someone is out on their 700cc with 8 beers in their blood, throw the book at them but I'm not a criminal.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Personally I'll have a bevy or two when out on the ice...and in some cases I've had lots blush.gif

But bare in mind I'm walking out to the hut and and I'm walking back to the cabin at the end of the day.

My car keys hit the rack Friday night, and stay there till Sunday Evening.

And None of us have nor need a Machine to get where we're going.

Sometimes I'm out solo and I stick to coffee.

But though the winter I head out with the Boys once or twice and we yuk it up somthing awfull but there is

no harm done angel.png

We're just shooting the crap, playing cards, and having a ball the way we like to do it.

Its really more of an On Ice Poker Tourney with a slight chance of catching fish w00t.gif

If I got fined I'd gladly pay it just because I know I've gotten away with it for years lol...

So lobby your Gov to change the liquor laws.Personally, i think that as long as you are not driving or will be driving while drinking, there should be no restricting laws other than age. After all, alchohol is a legal DRUG.

I don't have time to get to the beer store most weekends let alone fight the man w00t.gif

But yes sir I'd sign that petition laugh.gif

Cripes....w00t.gif here in Quebec, we can get Beer and wine right next to the milk and butter in the grocery store.The states have the right to bear arms, in quebec we have da right to drink beersclapping.gifrofl2.gif

Kinda like pot now eh Dave.. allowed one or two of those in your pocket now without charges..

contrary to popular belief, all possession of pot is illegal...the only difference is that under 30 grams you don't get you fingerprints taken

Edited by FishnNAutographs

yes legalized, not decriminalized...big difference

Heck no !! As it should be, but relaxing the laws governing how, when and where you consume would make it easier to police, and easier for the consumer to avoid unlawfull situations, wouldn't it.