Issue with Jiffy Legend Lightning

hunterjoe84

This came right from the Jiffy website.

What is the correct mixture of oil and gasoline to use for fuel in a Jiffy? The correct ratio for all Jiffy Power Ice Drills is 40 to 1. This means 3.2 oz of Jiffy Two-Cycle Oil is mixed with 1 Gallon of fresh gasoline. If you don't use a 40:1 oil mixture it will void all warranties.

Depends on year.. the old Jiffy 3 HP are 24:1.. newer ones 40:1. I run 50:1 in my 2 HP Jiffy as I already have 50:1 mixed for my Stihl saw and weed eater (ya I have a weed eater! lol). Runs like a charm.. but still needs to be warmed up for a few minutes before drilling.. like any engine should be..

Edited by irishfield

I have a problem with it stalling out 3-4 times before it stays going to drill holes. It just bogs down when you give it throttle. I run the recommended 24-1 ratio but it seems a little oil heavy. Anyone else have this model? What mix do you use?

Bogs down when you give it throttle?, needs a wee bit more gas on the high speed jet if you have an adjustable one. Gas/oil mix doesn't affect it.(at that rate)

it may need to warm up abit, also there are 2 idle screws on the carb that may need adjusting. My brother adjusted mine(he's a marine mechanic), it took him about 5min to have it running like a top.

Run it longer on half choke.

all the above...mine does the same

Bogs down when you give it throttle?, needs a wee bit more gas on the high speed jet if you have an adjustable one. Gas/oil mix doesn't affect it.(at that rate)

Thats right, We adjusted it 1/4 turn and it made all the difference no more bogging. Still needs to warm up especially on the really cold days

Sounds normal to me... just the same as any Jiffy I've ever seen out on the ice. :P

So true...

I comes with age, I have an oldie goldie Jiffy, but still does the job. Try half throttle until she starts to bite, then slowly give it to full.

Edited by Harrison

I bought a strikemaste laser electric ice drill 2 months ago and the only word I can say is "perfect" drill 20-30 holes easily and one time I forget to charge it but it's still good to go. No fuel, no warm up, no smell and light too

Yup. Next time I buy, it'll be an electric.

I have a problem with it stalling out 3-4 times before it stays going to drill holes. It just bogs down when you give it throttle.

My Jiffy Lightning has the same problem.

For me it works well after these steps:

1 start with closed choke

2 after a first short run it stops immediately. Open the choke now 5 mm and start again

3 if it runs now, then open the choke complete and give it throttle

After that procedure I can drill without problems