Power Ice Auger

bassnass

I would recommend the Strikemaster Strike lite auger, bought it 2 years ago, and found it to be very light (23 lbs) and much cleaner to use (4-Stroke) - No mixing gas, and it is very fuel efficient, a tank lasting more than a couple outings depending how much holes you drill.

It runs on a Robin engine (Subaru) and it is also much quieter than and 2 stroke on the market.

Look it up.

What kind of shape is your hand auger in? Maybe you’re working a lot harder than you need to.

I bought a gas Jiffy last year but have been leaving it at home in favour of the 5 inch Swede-Bore I bought this year. It cuts like a laser...less work than operating (let alone transporting) the Jiffy. The trade-off is the dinky little five inch hole of course, but unless you're after big lakers or pike you should have no problems. The "Finn-bore" model is supposed to cut even better, but it's around $100.

I do like the Jiffy 3500...but I kind of wish I'd bought the 4 stroke StrikeMaster lite instead. I was nervous because it was a new model and there was little info available on it, and none about how it would hold up. I've subsequently heard nothing but good things about them and they are super light.

and next we hear from geoff (GBW) :whistling:

it can wait

Geoff's a little busy today saying goodbye to his grandmother, but he'd tell you to get your :asshat: to Cosco and buy one for $284.... if they still have them.

correct

and when you buy online shipping is incl. at the price of $299.00 and you get it at your door in a few days.

HH and I both got one this year and they both have been great.

This auger will come to your door pretty quick. I like them so much thta i bought 3 of them now. They are a great little auger and runs way better then my other previous jiffy augers. Ive been running it pretty hard and have not had one issue. The blades are extremely sharp though, like thats a bad thing. lol. This thing cuts so easy you dont even have to push on it, its goes with its own weight. Just remember like anything, use a stabilizer and a cleaner for it and it will start like a dream forever. Im editing a video on using it right now as we speak and will be posting my review soon.

LincolnG:

there's more then one way to skin a cat,

just call geoff & joe every time you go fishing.

they will be in competition cutting holes to see who's faster, then you have lots of holes to choose from. :thumbsup_anim:

Or he can just go to your hut Dann... :whistling:

Check the Peterborough Costco, call in and ask if they still have any of the Eskimo augers left. When I got mine it was item # 105279, the bill is still here in my desk drawer...

Edited by GBW

Or he can just go to your hut Dann... :whistling:

I never turn away anyone from my hut.

If anyone wants to drop in there more then welcome, including you Geoff-LOL

park on killarney beach rd or the ice and head out to hut city-LOL

1/2km out to the 1 o'clock position, and you will see my hut!

:thumbsup_anim:

Thanks guys.

lol

Geoff - there are none left in the world of Costco - I called, I searched, I have the item number memorized. I think I want the StrikeLite 4-stroke anyone. The lighter my gear, the better. As I have a tonne of it.

HH - good call...poonaan can wait....but the fish need me now!

Skeeter - thanks man - lol - you're door's always open....Which door is yours? Oh, the one in hut city at 1 o'clock. I'll just go knock on every door. lol

...and I will.

Geoff and or Joe - come punch some holes for me on scugog this afternoon. At the one o'clock position. Thanks.

:P

Thanks, boys!!

I was out on Scumbog yesterday. Had trouble finding good water. I'd either be in wide-open desert, or in the middle of this crap. I fluked out and found one nice pocket - but it was FULL of tiny fish. I couldn't find any decent fish. They were all tiny. Whatever....now I need a few spots NOT to go -- PROCESS OF ELIMINATION!!!

Skeets - what are you mainly pullin' up - perchies?

Will - how often do you run that thing?

Thanks, boys!!

Will - how often do you run that thing?

I run it pretty much every weekend, during the winter months only. :) I usually start ice fishing mid to late December and go until ice out at the end of March early April. Just fog it down in the spring and drain the gas for storage and that is all.