Parking Access to Lake Simcoe Now Restricted

Aaron Shirley

Problem with this type of thing is that you can send them letters but the municiple governments are after municiple votes. The local guys love this. They will vote them back in. Where are all the Innisfil guys on this board even. They love it. Gets us out of their hair.

TRUE....but your letters would have a impact if sent to the Chamber of Commerce.

Screw Lake Simcoe, fished there many times and I'm sick of the locals and many people from Toronto who make fishing there unpleasant.

I'll take my dollars elsewhere, obviously they have no idea about how valuable we are to them.

Perhaps if we dress up like Nascar drivers they would let us in with open arms?

Perhaps if we dress up like Nascar drivers they would let us in with open arms?

Perhaps. But even dressed a la Nascar you still couldn't drive very fast on Simcoe. You would however be allowed to turn right.

OK I'll play the devils advocate.

Saw this happen years ago in Keswick. Witnessed a women change her kids diaper and throw the dirty diaper on a residence lawn and then walk past a porta pottie and 2 garbage cans to get back to fishing. I think that kinda stuff just pushed the locals over the edge...and can you blame them?

And don't kid yourselves what us anglers spend while there fishing is nothing compared to what the residences pay in taxes just to live there...not to mention they spend most of there hard earned money there EVERYDAY. So IMHO the local politicians are doing what is best for them and there constituents...which obviously doesn't work out to well for us out of towners.

I don't think complaining at the local level will have any impact at all. Federal maybe your only hope...but with the way infrastructure is already in place...I won't be holding my breathe for that to work either :whistling:

Myself I just move onto more friendly waters where I am welcome and there are 1,000's and 1,000's of such places still available. This feeling of entitlement because well " We have always been able to fish there" I'm afraid is slowly going the way of the Dodo bird.

Not trying to start a pissing match...I just see the other side... and have a less entitled attitude then most.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

OK I'll play the devils advocate.

Saw this happen years ago in Keswick. Witnessed a women change her kids diaper and throw the dirty diaper on a residence lawn and then walk past a porta pottie and 2 garbage cans to get back to fishing. I think that kinda stuff just pushed the locals over the edge...and can you blame them?

And don't kid yourselves what us anglers spend while there fishing is nothing compared to what the residences pay in taxes just to life there...not to mention they spend most of there hard earned money there EVERYDAY. So IMHO the local politicians are doing what is best for them and there constituents...which obviously doesn't work out to well for us out of towners.

I don't think complaining at the local level will have any impact at all. Federal maybe your only hope...but with the way infrastructure is already in place...I won't be holding my breathe for that to work either :whistling:

Myself I just move onto more friendly waters where I am welcome and there are 1,000's and 1,000's of such places still available. This feeling of entitlement because well " We have always been able to fish there" I'm afraid is slowly going the way of the Dodo bird.

Not trying to start a pissing match...I just see the other side... and have a less entitled attitude then most.

I have to agree with this post. I used to fish Simcoe heavily and would pick up garbage left by other anglers. Another point is rude anglers unloading their sleds and ATV's in front of peoples houses instead of at the lake at 5:00am. If I was living there then I would be calling the city also.

If we want to keep what access is left, we must make an effort to start informing other anglers to be more thoughtful in their approach.

IF the residents are complaining about noise from anglers, maybe they shouldn't be living on a LAKE!! What did they think, there would be nobody fishing in it?? Friggen whiners.......

Doesn't hurt my feelings though, on the east side of the lake, access is free!! And there is lots of them. Its the city rif raf that travels to the west side of the lake that wrecks it for everyone else. SLOBS!!

S.

I have to agree with this post. I used to fish Simcoe heavily and would pick up garbage left by other anglers. Another point is rude anglers unloading their sleds and ATV's in front of peoples houses instead of at the lake at 5:00am. If I was living there then I would be calling the city also.

If we want to keep what access is left, we must make an effort to start informing other anglers to be more thoughtful in their approach.

If you live by the lake, with public access, your aware of that before you bought your house, if you live by the airport you expect airplanes,you live by the golf course you can expect a few balls in your yard, you live by the school yard you can expect children playing, you live beside the park you can expect people..If you want your little house on the lake with no noise, move up north.

We have the right to access public water for recreation use. Period.

go to sudbury in the summer to go swimming its free, take the family to the beach in guelph its 5 bucks each....slowly the'll take it all away,slowly... <_<

Now that the out of towners and city folk are barred from the access, I think you will find that the garbage and noise problems will not magically go away.

Lets face it, some of the "locals" that drive 10 or 15 minutes are no more well behaved than people from 30 minutes or an hour away.

Now that the out of towners and city folk are barred from the access, I think you will find that the garbage and noise problems will not magically go away.

Lets face it, some of the "locals" that drive 10 or 15 minutes are no more well behaved than people from 30 minutes or an hour away.

Uh, us 'locals' that drive 10-15mins to get there aren't allowed either.

I live in Barrie and can't even apply for a permit to park at BBP.

You should replace 'locals' with 'Innisfil Township Residents' because it makes a bit more sense.

Edited by BillM

Uh, us 'locals' that drive 10-15mins to get there aren't allowed either.

I live in Barrie and can't even apply for a permit to park at BBP.

You should replace 'locals' with 'Innisfil Township Residents' because it makes a bit more sense.

Yep.

My point was that the noise and garbage is not the issue because when someone launches a sled or atv, the address on their license does not make it the machine silent. When some slob throws his garbage in the parking lot, where he resides has nothing to do with the repulsiveness of the action.

By your comment I have the feeling that if Barrie people were allowed in than you would be fine with it. Your complaint seems to be that you feel like you are a local and are not being included. I would assert that it is (was) a public access and we should all have the opportunity.

Yep.

My point was that the noise and garbage is not the issue because when someone launches a sled or atv, the address on their license does not make it the machine silent. When some slob throws his garbage in the parking lot, where he resides has nothing to do with the repulsiveness of the action.

By your comment I have the feeling that if Barrie people were allowed in than you would be fine with it. Your complaint seems to be that you feel like you are a local and are not being included. I would assert that it is (was) a public access and we should all have the opportunity.

I guess you took my comment the wrong way. My point was that most of the day to day traffic you see on that lake is from the surrounding area, not including Innisfil Beach Township. I think ANYONE should be able to apply for and purchase a permit to park there, regardless of where you live. My $100 isn't any better then joe blows $100 regardless of what township he's from.

I guess you took my comment the wrong way. My point was that most of the day to day traffic you see on that lake is from the surrounding area, not including Innisfil Beach Township. I think ANYONE should be able to apply for and purchase a permit to park there, regardless of where you live. My $100 isn't any better then joe blows $100 regardless of what township he's from.

I hear ya man. We are in agreement. :canadian:

Time for Barrie to do the same then with the Tiffen launch.Have a look at how many innisfil tags are in the windows. Two way street here Innisfil. :wallbash:

Really though,in another 5 years,Barrie will own that land too.

Edited by Misfish

Years ago when I was a kid I was fishing the shoreline on Lake Erie...bothering NO ONE...the property owner said that this is private property and I had to leave which I did...then a few years later a BIG storm came up and did property damage there and the same people now wanted federal/state money to help them.....SCREW them I thought... :whistling:

Just another way of looking at it and I don`t live there so I have no idea how your systems works. If the residents of the town paid their tax dollars to buy and maintain the park? shouldn`t a fee for out of town people be in order? or just allow them to freeload at the expense of the people that live there?

I didn`t have a problem with paying a reasonable fee at a camp up north for docking my own boat when I went up there, I understood that the camp owner had to maintain the docks if I was using his boats or mine. If I didn`t dock a boat I wouldn`t have had to pay.

Your using their launching ramp, their parking, for a vehicle and a boat trailer? or sled trailer? shouldn`t a fee be in order?

I have to get a chuckle at people that spend all kinds of money on "their" own equipment, but find it unreasonable when the residents of a city or town enact a fee for non residents to use "their" facilities.

I don`t recall ever hearing of any one complaining about non resident anglers fees?

If you are planning on heading to Big Bay Point on your own, you will not find parking anymore from what I have been told. Apparently the Township of Innisfil has closed parking in the only lot with access to Big Bay Point unless you are a local. Another access point taken away from the everyday angler if this is true. If you want to go out with the new hut operator at BBP you should be fine.

As someone who walks miles out to a spot, this was a good spot for me to park and hit deep water without walking a marathon. Does anyone know if this information on restricting access to parking at BBP is correct or a hoax? I will find out tomorrow if I can park at BBP, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

NewBigBayPointSign.jpg

Right Where i was going fishing next week. Good thing buster said he was paying for the trip! :rofl2: