Drift Sox

Billy Bob

Cabela's has them on sale......looking for those who have experience in using them, particularly in what size I should get for my 16'4" Grumman that has a 84" beam and is 39" deep....here is the choices.

Thanks for your time,

Bob

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Home/New-for-2011-Marine-Accessories%7C/pc/105625080/c/106991280/Cabelas-Advanced-Angler-Pro-Series-Drift-Socks/700074.uts?destination=/browse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D106991280%26WT.tsrc%3DEML%26WT.mc_id%3Demail-nl%26eid%3D39774%26cmp%3DI110119A%26seg%3DFI1%26cnt%3D6547%26ctb%3Dbrowse.cmd

Depends on what your needs are. I keep 3 on my Nitro and depending on the wind and how slow I want presentation I will use all three if needed. Does the Cabela brand come with a storage pouch? I noticed that these ones are the same price as the XL Minn Kota at its regular price and I think the Minn Kota comes with a storage pouch. The pouch is handy so the straps don't get in the way as they tend to unravel in my storage comparments.

My personal recomendation for your boat is buy two of the XL size. You may think it's a bit of overkill but that should prepare you for just about anything.

Get the biggest ones you can afford. I have 2 Lindy's Drift Control socks, 48'' models. They work great on my 19' 3'' bass boat. Bigger is better, especially if you have a boat that sits high in the water, like a deep V. You can probably use something a little smaller though. Use strong rope that isn't frayed (don't ask how I know) and you may want to consider using a couple carribeaners with a swivel to attach to your cleats to prevent the ropes from twisting.

I noticed that these ones are the same price as the XL Minn Kota at its regular price and I think the Minn Kota comes with a storage pouch. The pouch is handy so the straps don't get in the way as they tend to unravel in my storage comparments.

The MK sox doesn't say anything about a storage bag but I have plastic bags that I can store the Cabela's Advanced Angler Pro Sox and the Cabela's has a better customer rating.

I'm leaning towards XL size....maybe 2 sox's....waiting for my Cabela's CC Points to be credited before the end of the month......I also want to get a Nikon scope for my shotgun plus rings....If I spend $150 I get $20 off so that makes the shipping FREE and NO SALES TAX.... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks for everyone's help and time,

Bob