Ice Eyes

moxie

I hope this works. These are the possibilities when you blend 6 inches of ice over 20+ feet of water and add a healthy smattering of Great Company. ALL DAY!!! Enjoy.

http://s956.photobuc...mview=slideshow

Sorry y'all. I'll try to resize and repost the pics.

Edited by moxie

Moxie dude,

Real nice gut on those buggers.

Where abouts are you fishing? Those things are tanks compared to the eyes in my area. clapping.gif

Chad

The Bay of Quinte. 8-10 lb fish are hit with regularity. The last fish in the Slide show was 10lbs-14oz. Truly amazing!

those are some real nice Wally's!

I am debating going to Hay Bay tomorrow, or maybe another spot in the BOQ.. just wondering how thick the ice was out there, I heard there was lots of good ice in Hay Bay a few days ago, but this warm weather has me worried.

would you say ice was good enough to hold up to this warmer weather we have been having?

Fantastic stuff!

About how much ice were you on?

We were fishing in the reach on 5-7 inches of clear, black ice and if anyone is familiar with the area its a fairly narrow chute and draws quite the current. The run-off from the rain we are supposed to get will compromise the ice to a certain extent but by next weekend, given the below zero predictions I'm willing to bet it will tighten up again. Check as you go and be careful.

moxie.

Edited by moxie

those are some real nice Wally's!

I am debating going to Hay Bay tomorrow, or maybe another spot in the BOQ.. just wondering how thick the ice was out there, I heard there was lots of good ice in Hay Bay a few days ago, but this warm weather has me worried.

would you say ice was good enough to hold up to this warmer weather we have been having?

Ice is sketchy all over that area after the rainfall. Might be a week or better before most areas are safe enough for foot travel. Best to check Quintefishingforums as the locals use the board to share info and such. Good luck and be careful out there.

Moxie