NOW ITS MY TURN TO RANT

mercman

poodles eh? I always thought people used guinie pigs?

Not big enough for the 50"+ fish. Guinie's are good for pike and low 40" musky, cat's can get a 50" but not as often as a poodle. That reminds me, I have to go to the pet store soon...

Aw man, my secret musky bait from this year has been discovered. *sigh* But the sweater I used was a different colour. (perch pattern)

And don't forget, you will need a wooden plank to float the cat on in order to get the full aerial effect from those spectacular surface strikes. When fishing weedy lakes, make sure you use one of those hairless cats to reduce fouling.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/co

ol.gif[/img] all i can think of now, is

chihuahua in a perch colored sweater

treading water like a fool,yelling "I think you need a bigger bait !!!!"huh.gif

I think i"ll go lie down now....blush.gif

My Chi has a natural fire tiger coat. And he's relatively hairless. Sounds perfect for scugog. Proving again why I can't take him fishing.

A couple years ago while planning a trip to Lakair my buddy and decided to tell our wives we were ordering harnesses for baby ducks and asked them if they also wanted harnesses. Of course they were outraged and we had them hooked big time when we got Kevin in on the act by having him send an e-mail to us indicating he would arrange for the ducklings to be available upon our arrival. This went on for a couple weeks, and I knew my wife was very disturbed by this because she would bring it up at the oddest times. "Is it legal?" "Don't you feel badly?" "How do the harnesses work"?, and on and on. My buddy and I work together and every day we'd get together and share our wive's questions and indignation over coffee. At some point I went down to the pet shop and bought the smallest pet harness I could find, brought it home, tied on a couple monster hooks, and laid it on the kitchen table. My wife came home,looked at it and announced she wasn't going if I was going to kill a baby duck just to catch a fish. So I told her the ducks don't always die, especially if you don't cast them. Just set them in the water and let them swim around. At some point I knew she was really getting upset so I came clean. Then there is a period of a couple hours where I don't remember much. We still joke about that one.

A couple years ago while planning a trip to Lakair my buddy and decided to tell our wives we were ordering harnesses for baby ducks and asked them if they also wanted harnesses. Of course they were outraged and we had them hooked big time when we got Kevin in on the act by having him send an e-mail to us indicating he would arrange for the ducklings to be available upon our arrival. This went on for a couple weeks, and I knew my wife was very disturbed by this because she would bring it up at the oddest times. "Is it legal?" "Don't you feel badly?" "How do the harnesses work"?, and on and on. My buddy and I work together and every day we'd get together and share our wive's questions and indignation over coffee. At some point I went down to the pet shop and bought the smallest pet harness I could find, brought it home, tied on a couple monster hooks, and laid it on the kitchen table. My wife came home,looked at it and announced she wasn't going if I was going to kill a baby duck just to catch a fish. So I told her the ducks don't always die, especially if you don't cast them. Just set them in the water and let them swim around. At some point I knew she was really getting upset so I came clean. Then there is a period of a couple hours where I don't remember much. We still joke about that one.

LOL!!!!! Great story!