Sold my snow blower.......

Flappn

buy the wife a shovel! My wife does not know what a shovel is, she cut the lawn for the first time in 30 years last year perhaps I will introduce her to Mr.Shovel. :thumbsup_anim:

Good luck with your shoveling.

You can put the uShovel next to iRon and iRoningpad, that will get you cookies.

Well, I've got a nearly new Toro sitting here, infact it's only been used twice and is still under full warranty, but after cleaning up the last snowfall I can't use it anymore because the handle that controls the chute is outta whack now and I can't aim it anymore.

I called the Toro dealership today and they said they'll come and pick it up and repair it under warranty , but to do that and then return it to me will cost me $100 which I'm certainly not gonna pay.

I had to load it into the back of the pick-up this afternoon, which wasn't easy by myself seeing as it weighs 222 pounds, and tomorrow I'll make the 40 mile round trip to drop it off.

They said it'll take about a week to fix it...if they've got the parts....then I'll have to do another 40 mile round trip to pick it up.

Sure hope winter doesn't get nasty for a week or so :angry:

the things a guy does to appreciate a new tool when it arrives...Happy Shovelling!!!

Lew - Buy yourself two 2x8x10' boards and drive that sucker right up to the back of the truck....ramps are 300 bucks

Edited by Twocoda

Lew - Buy yourself two 2x8x10' boards and drive that sucker right up to the back of the truck....ramps are 300 bucks

I had enough lumber to jerry rig a ramp today but the 10 footers were already on tomorrows shopping list.

Looks like a typical Lancaster day there Billy Bob, My cousin lives there also and that's always the scene when we come for a visit...

Here's last weeks snowfall for us in London

101_0829.jpg

(what a great time to be off work with an arm injury)

so far we've already exceeded last years snowfall total, although it was almost a record low last year....

just to the north and west of us they have gotten almost 6 ft of the stuff over the last week and a half. :unsure:

I have moved to a new place where the driveway is 4 times the size of my old one...and I had a little 22" 2 stage 189CC MTD...just didn't cut it. Sears had a sale on one of their Flag Ship blowers it's the CRAFTSMAN®/MD 305cc, 27'' Dual Stage Mid Frame Snow Blower...power steering(not really but close), hand warmers, hydrostatic drive...it's $1,499.00 regular price and I picked it up on sale for $999...me and 34 other people..ha ha so it arrives tomorrow...I hope.

A friend of mine told me not to sell my old unit till I got the new one...but someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse so it's gone.

I have moved to a new place where the driveway is 4 times the size of my old one...and I had a little 22" 2 stage 189CC MTD...just didn't cut it. Sears had a sale on one of their Flag Ship blowers it's the CRAFTSMAN®/MD 305cc, 27'' Dual Stage Mid Frame Snow Blower...power steering(not really but close), hand warmers, hydrostatic drive...it's $1,499.00 regular price and I picked it up on sale for $999...me and 34 other people..ha ha so it arrives tomorrow...I hope.

A friend of mine told me not to sell my old unit till I got the new one...but someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse so it's gone.

good deal! They're sold out on the unit coast to coast! It's a Husquvarna painted red!

Well, I've got a nearly new Toro sitting here, infact it's only been used twice and is still under full warranty, but after cleaning up the last snowfall I can't use it anymore because the handle that controls the chute is outta whack now and I can't aim it anymore.

I called the Toro dealership today and they said they'll come and pick it up and repair it under warranty , but to do that and then return it to me will cost me $100 which I'm certainly not gonna pay.

I had to load it into the back of the pick-up this afternoon, which wasn't easy by myself seeing as it weighs 222 pounds, and tomorrow I'll make the 40 mile round trip to drop it off.

They said it'll take about a week to fix it...if they've got the parts....then I'll have to do another 40 mile round trip to pick it up.

Sure hope winter doesn't get nasty for a week or so :angry:

$100 for "warranty" ???? pick up and delivery should be free while still under warranty !

Hopefully you have it back by the end of winter ! ... my experience with toro and service !

$100 for "warranty" ???? pick up and delivery should be free while still under warranty !

Hopefully you have it back by the end of winter ! ... my experience with toro and service !

I had to go into town today to do some shopping so I dropped the Toro off on the way and they had the repair done in 15 minutes and it was ready to go again.

The Toro dealer is also a John Deere dealer and if there's waranty work to be done on my JD lawn tractor there's a $100 pick-up and delivery fee for that also.

Edited by lew

Dang here I am sitting around waiting for enough snow to get the blower out the blast we had this past weekend had me digging the shovels out and blower is ready now to go but all I did was shovel off the side step that was enough until the next monster storm of Chatham kent LOL I dont think snow likes this area but thats OK with me.

Dang here I am sitting around waiting for enough snow to get the blower out the blast we had this past weekend had me digging the shovels out and blower is ready now to go but all I did was shovel off the side step that was enough until the next monster storm of Chatham kent LOL I dont think snow likes this area but thats OK with me.

its all just above you ...we are getting another 25 cm tonight and the highway is closed until tomorrow from grand bend to port

all its going to take is a slight change of wind and you done for ...lol..