ICE HUT

batoathome

Just checked the Canadian Costco site...looks like this is only available through the US. Not that I'm interested in it...already have a Clam 2000 (pretty much the same thing) but that Garmin GPS next to it in the add, is still really tempting!! Still haven't picked one up.

Just checked the Canadian Costco site...looks like this is only available through the US. Not that I'm interested in it...already have a Clam 2000 (pretty much the same thing) but that Garmin GPS next to it in the add, is still really tempting!! Still haven't picked one up.

DOOOHHHH!!!! Sorry should have checked to see if it was canadian :oops: I heard they had some at the Barrie Costco but don't know what kind. Can anybody help?

Costco has a pop out shelter (At least the one in barrie does).

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=10341859&whse=BCCA&Ne=4000000&eCat=BCCA|111&N=4010198&Mo=19&No=19&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&cat=22211&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-CA&Sp=C&topnav=

It's blue coloured though but looks like that (The smaller version @ $179.99).

The Costco in Peterborough has a large orange flip-over with 2 built-in seats called the "Fish Inn 2". It was quite roomy and looked quite rugged. It was $599.

They also have a blue pop-up called the "Kingfiher 3" that looks identical to the red Eskimo "Quick Fish 3" pop-up that I bought there last year. Still the same price at $179.

They still had a few Eskimo Mako 8" augers for $284. I bought one a couple weeks ago, my ice looks to be ready for a test drill in another week or two.

The Costco in Peterborough has a large orange flip-over with 2 built-in seats called the "Fish Inn 2". It was quite roomy and looked quite rugged. It was $599.

They also have a blue pop-up called the "Kingfiher 3" that looks identical to the red Eskimo "Quick Fish 3" pop-up that I bought there last year. Still the same price at $179.

They still had a few Eskimo Mako 8" augers for $284. I bought one a couple weeks ago, my ice looks to be ready for a test drill in another week or two.

Those Fish INN's are probably going to be a real good shelter.

They are new this year and made by Equinox.

Equinox

I too have the Eskimo kingfisher 3. I got it about a month ago at costco barrie for $164. Hopefully it works well. Went back on Monday evening but they had no more.

Jer, what did you think of the shelter? WHat worked, what didn't?

Thanks

I had no issues with the hut at all. It worked great. Sets up in a couple minutes and comes down even quicker.

Bring a cordless drill with a longish 1/4" bit for pre-drilling the anchors. Peg the corners down first (make sure it squares up) with the corner with the door to the lee of the wind. Pop the top and then all four sides in no particular order. If it's at all windy, tie down the two windward sides or they may pop back in on you. We were out in at least 20k winds at times with no problems, any windier and I'd rather be in the house anyways.

The hut required very little heat to maintain sweater temperature even at -20 to -25.

I really have no complaints whatsoever. The longest part of any move on the lake for us was manually drilling holes in +20 inches of ice. This year I have a gas auger, so that solves that.

155319_105890659482114_100001835418992_42866_3340001_n.jpg

148541_105890586148788_100001835418992_42864_6433529_n.jpg

It really is just a two man hut, three can be done, but it's tight if you want a couple holes each.

Here I am with my first ever winter fish on Buckhorn:

156237_104801389591041_100001835418992_31964_5102574_n.jpg

Edited by Jer

I fished in those huts last year and my only complaint was mobility, but to be honest the time it took to setup the hut was about the same as it took to drill new holes, I was totally a beleiver in the hut desingh, the deal was to have another fisher ready to move. The best way to mobile with those tent type huts is break them down completly and move, don't try to move with them semi erect it's a witch, on the brightside it only takes a second to set them back up. You can still run & gun just alittle slower

Looking to buy an ice hut for 2-4 ppl. Havent bought one before, can anyone direct me to a good hut for the money. Would rather buy once. Thanks

are you walking or have an sled or avt to pull it? it does make a diff. as to what to get as well as the $ you are willing/able to spend.

Some more pictures. I would like to add that this shelter looks really good inside and outside. It's really roomy, easy fit 2 big guys or 3 not so big. It took me 1 minute to put it on and 30 sec to put it down. I already pointed on quality of material - looks better than Frabil or Clam i was looking on.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG