More update on the wife

Loonietoon

Well it seems she has to start Chemo so I will be going with her again on Thursday for another talk with the doctor and find out more on when she will be starting and a few other unanswered questions I still have. Thanks everyone for their concerns and well wishes, I think we are in for a rough ride, But we will WIN

Good luck Kelvin.... One day at a time is what I keep trying to instill in everyone around here. It'll work for you two as well.

Hard to give any Chemo advise as every situation gets a different type and mix... and it appears that many react different to treatment. Jen's been hit pretty hard and darn near bed ridden the last 2 weeks, yet a gent going thru the same routine as her has renovated his entire house during his chemo protocol.

The only thing that you can be sure of.. there is no length of life without the protocol, so keep your head high and support her all the way through. You can have your own personal moments when you're away from her.. driving.. where ever. Trust me, those days come regularily and there's no shame in it.

Also great that it's just next door Kevlin... can't beat that stroke of luck!

Edited by irishfield

Thanks for the update.

The power of positive thinking is an amazing thing.

It sure is.

For some reason I suspect you have seen this already but here it goes for those who have not. Rent a documentary called "The Secret". It is all about positive thinking and how it plays a huge role in your positive thoughts becoming reality. This goes for everything wealth, health, success, etc. I remember the one example showed a middle aged woman who was diagnosed with breast cancer. She refused chemo and said that she would let nature takes its course. All she did was watch funny movies/comedies, laugh alot and stay positive. To her suprise, when she had her following screening the doctor asked her what she had done as the tumour had totally cleared.

Edited by Fish4Eyes

Best of luck Kelvin.. that first "hook up" will be the hardest (for both of you). They should get easier with each one. I'll tell you tomorrow night if that's true, as Jen is back in tomorrow 8 am for treatment #2.

Did they install a portacath into your wife's chest or are they doing it with an IV pic?

This is good news Kelvin.Di you know more miracles happen at Christmas time, than anyother time of the year. I pray there will be one for you and your wife this Christmas.You are both in my prayers this holiday season.

Bright seasons greetings on you both

Paulsanta.gif