HYDRO PRICE GOING UP......

BUSTER

They programmed you well Mr Fisher... "Shift most of your consumption". Who's kidding who.. Fridge runs 24 hours a day.. furnace circulation fan runs 24 hours a day. Heat no matter the source runs 24 hours a day. The only variable there is is when you do your laundry! So all those things that run 24 hours a day are going to cost more once we get on TOU.. no matter how you look at it. It's a grab...

Heat can reduced during peak hours if you are not home with a programmable thermostat. Your dishwasher can run anytime of day. Laundry can be done anytime of day. Showering can be done anytime of day. If you are going to use electrical tools or other electrical devices...some of these can be used off of peak hours. Recharging of batteries..etc etc Edited by scuro2

I'm not happy about paying more for something that I have to use but we have been told for years about ways of decreasing our electrical use.

Most of us don't/didn't listen or don't/didn't care.

We've made changes to the way we do things in our house... and after our next bill we'll be probably be changing a few more.

Nobody is forcing me to surf the net while watching the game on my "big" tv.

Go off the grid or sell electricity back the government... there's money to be made. :thumbsup_anim:

There definitely is Rob.. 73 cents per KW! LOL

There is so much money in it that a company approached my Father in law and they will build him a brand spanking new horse barn.. 80 feet wide x 160 feet long just so they can put solar panels on the roof. Absolutely no charge to him!! That's at minimum a $150,000 barn!

Heat can reduced during peak hours if you are not home with a programmable thermostat. Your dishwasher can run anytime of day. Laundry can be done anytime of day. Showering can be done anytime of day. If you are going to use electrical tools or other electrical devices...some of these can be used off of peak hours. Recharging of batteries..etc etc

When am I allowed to cook?

What about retired people on fixed incomes who are home all day? Some like to be in bed by 9pm, not just starting their chores for the day.

Maybe we all need to become vampires to avoid "peak" hydro rates. It's such a joke it's not even funny.

Its time the Gov and the big corps stop thinking about us like naive,brainless,idiots and start seeing us as inteligent money smart consumers.

Wake up dude!!!! It's because we ARE naive, brainless, idiots. First, politicians are nothing more than puppets of big business. Second, any group of people that continue to allow their so-called Gov't to rape us like they do, deserve every tax and/or price increase they get. We are after all spineless Canadians. So do all your complaining on a fishing message board and next election, go ahead and vote in one of the 3 major parties....again!!!

Maybe jfisher has some info that might benefit some of us who are paying way too much for hydro.I really dont think he joined OFC to solicit customers.Sounds more to me like he feels he can help out with info that we may not be aware of.

So lets here some more Mr.Fisher.How can we reduce our hydro bills.Why do YOU think Mr Irishfield and many more of us, are paying such a high bill for our electricity compared to just a few years ago.

Wake up dude!!!! It's because we ARE naive, brainless, idiots. First, politicians are nothing more than puppets of big business. Second, any group of people that continue to allow their so-called Gov't to rape us like they do, deserve every tax and/or price increase they get. We are after all spineless Canadians. So do all your complaining on a fishing message board and next election, go ahead and vote in one of the 3 major parties....again!!!

So now we know what the problem is, now whats your solutioncool.gif

If you don't mind me asking, where did you obtain this info or how was it calculated?

Hydro is suppose to be going down 10% effective Jan 2011. It may take a few months before it reflects depending the billing cycle.

Electric prices change twice a year, May 1 (summer season) and Nov 1 (winter season).

As of Nov 1, tiered pricing went down .1 cent and for TOU off-peak went down .2 cents.

Ont. electricity rates to rise 46% over 5 years

Nope, i wouldn't say programmed or nieve.

I work for the OPA (Ontario Power Authority) and OEB (Ontario Energy Board).

There are a lot of things i know that you may not know as a consumer and unfortunately i cannot disclose all the information I know.

J.Fisher,

I am one of the many brainless consumers who doesn't give a crap about how much my hydro bill is (my wife pays it). Fact is I am acustomed to a certain style of life where I sit at my computer typing on these forums while the football game is on my big screen. I do my laundry when there is enough for a full load and shower when I stink.

I think you have alot ot add to this forum outside of this thread. Looks like you might fish with Kwan because of your avitar. Don't tease us with this I know stuff but I can't tell you crap. Just like the board members who black out the backgrounds of their pictures and tell us they used mashmallows as bait. Drives me nuts.

I have not paid Hydro in a year because they messed up when they installed the smart meters. Took me quite a long time (over a year) to figure it out and convince someone there that they made a big mistake. I was first told to call an electrician because surely there was nothing wrong with the meters. There was nothing wrong with the meter itself, it was labelled wrong....I had been paying my neighbours for over 2 years. (I own one of 11 condos in a three story building) When all was said and done - they owed me over $700.00

There definitely is Rob.. 73 cents per KW! LOL

There is so much money in it that a company approached my Father in law and they will build him a brand spanking new horse barn.. 80 feet wide x 160 feet long just so they can put solar panels on the roof. Absolutely no charge to him!! That's at minimum a $150,000 barn!

We had a guy come to our warehouse in Brampton the other day wanting to do the same thing must be big bucks in it.

To put the solar panel profits into perspective, a buddy of mine works for oakville hydro and said that a 3000 ish sq ft house will get you about 800-900$ a month. The solar panel installation for a house that size is probably 70k. It would pay for itself in about 10 years and then it would be all profit. If the system were to breakdown in that time, im pretty sure they come with 20-25 year warranty.

I am on a smart meter and my current billing is not that bad as I watch my usage. You would be suprised the difference it makes to wash/dry your laundry and use your dishwater during off peak periods. My off peak usage was 650ish kw/h, which is more than I would use during peak and mid peak times. I have a 2000ish sq ft house with a high efficiency furnace and my last bill for 2 months was $212. I keep the house at 22 degrees when we are home and 20 degrees when not home and when sleeping (they say you sleep better when its cooler btw). I also have a 20+ year old stove and 2 fridges running that are 10+ years old. My previous bill for 2 months that I got before the 212$ one was 300 and that bill had 6-7 weeks of steady AC use to keep the house at 23 degrees. My next purchase will be a gas stove and I bet that will shave an additional 20-30$ off the bill as you usually cook supper during peak times. Watch your usage people.

Edited by Fish4Eyes

My work just put up 48 panels last week. It will take them roughly 6 years to pay off the cost of the panels then its pure money in the bank.... Being paid by our tax dollars and more than likely increased hydro costs.... :clapping: I like the whole renewable energy theme and glad the ball is rolling but it is going to cost alot more.

Guest Johnny Bass

I see what is going on here. They are going to keep raising bills till they complain it is unsustainable and if we dont privatize it, prices will continue to increase, While putting money in their pockets, for slling off Canada's assets, one by one. Now that all these companies have been allowed to subcontract and buy electricity from Hydro, and sell it to us, for an added cost, obviously. And you wonder why Hydro is going up. Hydro is much cheaper to make then what they are charging us. Yet it still continues to rise.

Whats there excuse for natural gas? It used to be 10X cheaper then electricity and now it is at par with electricity almost. Thank enbridge(privatization) for that one. The Americans pay cheaper then us. What robbery...

I'm all for this green energy, and if we would pay for it and make our lives easier, then that would be one thing. But they always figure out a way to market it(new technology) so costs always go up, not down. So we are helping pay for our enslavement.

J.Fisher,

I am one of the many brainless consumers who doesn't give a crap about how much my hydro bill is (my wife pays it). Fact is I am acustomed to a certain style of life where I sit at my computer typing on these forums while the football game is on my big screen. I do my laundry when there is enough for a full load and shower when I stink.

I think you have alot ot add to this forum outside of this thread. Looks like you might fish with Kwan because of your avitar. Don't tease us with this I know stuff but I can't tell you crap. Just like the board members who black out the backgrounds of their pictures and tell us they used mashmallows as bait. Drives me nuts.

Hi All,

Unfortunately, i got a friendly warning that i can get fired....

It's under my contract that i'm not aloud to disclose the information i obtained working here...

I had to remove all my posts before i get in more crap/fired.

I wasn't trying to do anything other than help people.

Sorry guys...I like helping people and if i could i would provide more info but i'm risking my job. FML

Hi All,

Unfortunately, i got a friendly warning that i can get fired....

It's under my contract that i'm not aloud to disclose the information i obtained working here...

I had to remove all my posts before i get in more crap/fired.

I wasn't trying to do anything other than help people.

Sorry guys...I like helping people and if i could i would provide more info but i'm risking my job. FML

J...we thank you for the effort. cetainly, dont lose your job over us.we tend to be rednecks when it comes to politics and taxes. Its human nature so dont let it get to ya.clapping.gifwhistling.gif

Well come to our little worl BTW. Fish Hard.

Paul

J...we thank you for the effort. cetainly, dont lose your job over us.we tend to be rednecks when it comes to politics and taxes. Its human nature so dont let it get to ya.clapping.gifwhistling.gif

Well come to our little worl BTW. Fish Hard.

Paul

Hi Mercman,

Thank you for understanding!

I'm doing all my posting from work so i'm really hoping they don't check my internet usage!

Maybe one day we'll all fish together and have a nice chat in regards to this.

I personally dislike Mcguinty and hope things will change.

I recently bought a house heated by electric base board heaters ya I know probably not a wise thing to do but the wife loved the house and I can`t remeber the last time I said no to the wife.

Based on past owners usage my equal billing is 200 a month, I don`t know what their habits were but I guess we`ll see in a couple of months if that 200 a month is realistic number for us.

We tend not to be wasteful and I have replaced all light bulbs with CFL`s and replaced the thermostats to allow programing and apparently the new thermostats are much more efficent.

We try and save with small things knowing they will add up like use the toaster oven instead of turning on the big oven and not leaving the TV and lights on when not in use.

The one advantage that I can see with the EBB is that I can shut everthing off in the house and only heat what we want, currently we only have two baseboard on in the house and that is in the living room and master bedroom, and I am thinking of shutting them off and using portable heaters.

Track pants and a fleece are normal attire in my place when it starts to get cold.

Just remember guys it's not the cents per kw that kills you these days.. it's the delivery costs. Estimated bill for the camp up North last month.. A meer $8.06 for hydro used... $26.12 cents for delivery.. $1.10 for "regulatory charges".. and 80 cents for paying down the old debt... $4.69 HST.. Total $40.77 for $8 worth of hydro!! Based on that hydro is really 32.5 cents per Kilowatt.

Edited by irishfield