HYDRO PRICE GOING UP......

BUSTER

WOW, I feel for you guys.......I just recieved a letter from NYSEG Solutions (my electric supplier) and our rates have decrease from $0.0646 to $0.5817/kWh....rate is guaranteed for all of 2011.

My electric bill runs from about $45 to $70 per month depending on central A/C use in the summer months.

Rise up and demand lower rates......I could send you some Rednecks up your way for the revolution they keep talking about here in the southern states... :whistling:

BTW we have some of the highest rates in the country in the WNY area.

You hit the nail on the head there Billy Bob come on up here and git`r did for us!!

I was listening to a radio show last week and they were talking about the price difference of premium gas here in Canada and the good US of A the gentlemen said it`s simple Canadians will pay anything so we charge accordingly.

All this talk of solar, any recommendations for a basic setup for - 2000 sqft home ?

I saw a 599 setup at crappy tire , is it worth it ?

I was quoted 25K for a 3KW system which is outrageous but the Gov will give you 80 cents a kwh for power you generate what a scam paying with my money 80 cents for something they are selling for 6 cents.

We can`t afford McGuinty and his green energy program,Hudak better dump this stupid program when he gets in.

I have a smart meter... my bill doubled from last year's same time billing. Consumption was up 10%!

I would like someone to explain to me why I, the simple residential user is being forced to subsidize industry's electricity hunger?

If time of use is correct and the peak demand periods are during the day, when most of us are not home, why am I , the lowly resident getting hit between the eyes paying for industry's energy requirements.

The "debt recovery tax, as far as I recall, was instituted to help pay off the shutting down and maintenance of our nukes, you can thank Bob Rae for that.

Salaries at OPG are amoung the best in the province, the "leadership" are also well paid!

I'm with Wayne on this one... unfortunately building nukes at the cost factor that OPG uses is not going to help us in the short or medium term, but they are the most efficient way of generating.

The rebate is a joke! It doesn't even cover the taxes on the bill!

HH

Billy, up hear, we have to many people that just say OH well what can you do, no sense complaining :blink: .

When our gas went up to $.75 a litre they were going to set up road blocks. It just jump $.40 over night and know one says a thing :P . We sit back and just believe some other bull story.

What's your gas now? Ours is almost $4.60 a US gallon.

Our gasoline has jump up sharply the last 2-3 weeks...now it's $3.09 per gallon which is up about 20 cents....no rime or reason for it other then they can....at this time of the year it usually goes down and climbs back up in the spring...

Our people are also like cattle....standing in line to be slaughtered....when someone here says we will not stand for more taxes, etc....I just say......"look at Canada, where they are all paying much more then us (13% sales tax)"....so I don't believe in the revolution....but I don't spend much time in the south where the real crazy Rednecks reside....I'm tame compared to those nut cases...

Bob

electricity is still the cheapest way to go here in Quebec.Mailny because we produce so much hydro electrcity.It went up slightly after the ICE STORM, but that was to may the repairs.But gas !!! thats a ripoff here.Its at 117.9 today. was 127.9 last week. by tolorrow it should be around 113.0, then back up to 118.9. makes no sense at all.I'm gonna tank up on the reserve Billy Bob.I cant take this anymore!!thumbsup_anim.gif

Our government is and has been run by a bunch of clowns. What do you get when clowns run things.....a circus. Bobo's the ring leader. I tried saving money on electricity by using my fireplace and wood stove. Insurance company ruined that one. Never ending. The common man can't win and it's not

getting any better. They should cut the salaries retroactively of the clowns that allowed us to be under charged for electricity. I am sure they are

all still employed and cant wait to retire on their fat salaries. They are probably getting a cut rate on electricity anyway.

Our people are also like cattle....standing in line to be slaughtered....when someone here says we will not stand for more taxes, etc....I just say......"look at Canada, where they are all paying much more then us (13% sales tax)"....so I don't believe in the revolution....but I don't spend much time in the south where the real crazy Rednecks reside....I'm tame compared to those nut cases...
The US has gone on decades long "cut taxes" bing. There is going to be a lot moaning and gnashing of teeth south of the border when you folks finally pay for what you use. The Boomers are going to explode costs on every government program and you can't even pay for it now. Your social security is totally unfunded as I believe your medicare is also. You haven't balanced a federal budget since Bill Clinton. Your states are going into bankruptcy and are firing firemen, policemen, and teachers to balance the budget.

You folks were gullible and believed you could get something for nothing. The rich control your political system and will make certain that they don't pay the bulk of the costs when they come due. Guess what that means for your fellow middle class americans...BB? Do you have a good pension, do have a rather large nest egg? That is what you will need in your old age, that is if some ailment doesn't wipe out your savings and put you in the poor house.

Hydro rates don't need to be soo high, its the people that run Hydro One and OPG that need to give there heads a shake. The unions involved also are a major in fact I would say the biggest factor in the increse of the rates for hydro.

Take a look at the Hydro One and OPG salary growth grid and you will see it is almost directly inline with the climb of your Hydro Bill.

Its the old government addage at H1 and OPG, Well we applied for the budget lets make sure we overspend it so we get more next time.

The US has gone on decades long "cut taxes" bing. There is going to be a lot moaning and gnashing of teeth south of the border when you folks finally pay for what you use. The Boomers are going to explode costs on every government program and you can't even pay for it now. Your social security is totally unfunded as I believe your medicare is also. You haven't balanced a federal budget since Bill Clinton. Your states are going into bankruptcy and are firing firemen, policemen, and teachers to balance the budget.

You folks were gullible and believed you could get something for nothing. The rich control your political system and will make certain that they don't pay the bulk of the costs when they come due. Guess what that means for your fellow middle class americans...BB? Do you have a good pension, do have a rather large nest egg? That is what you will need in your old age, that is if some ailment doesn't wipe out your savings and put you in the poor house.

LOL

Retire at 48 with a GREAT pension....Very Large Egg...one son a doctor another son in the insurance business. But that doesn't mean I throw money away.....my mom many years ago taught me "watch your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves"....lived that advice all my life. I also believe what I earn I should be able to keep...

LOL

Retire at 48 with a GREAT pension....Very Large Egg...one son a doctor another son in the insurance business. But that doesn't mean I throw money away.....my mom many years ago taught me "watch your pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves"....lived that advice all my life. I also believe what I earn I should be able to keep...

You might want to trade some of those green backs for some Yuan`s!!! :santa:

LOL

Livin the Americain dream eh BB !!!clapping.gif If anyone can do it, i know you can. You got your head on straight. I'd like to be the first to enroll if you ever decide to teach how you do it.worthy.gif

Livin the Americain dream eh BB !!!clapping.gif If anyone can do it, i know you can. You got your head on straight. I'd like to be the first to enroll if you ever decide to teach how you do it.worthy.gif

I have been very fortunate but I also worked hard to get where I am...raised the boys with a stern attitude and it paid off in spades...

Now lets get back to a solution to my Canadian friends extremely HIGH electric bills.......anyone have a solution other then moving down here...you can't do that because we are already over booked with illegal Mexicans.....sorry.... :D

Guest Johnny Bass

Hydro rates don't need to be soo high, its the people that run Hydro One and OPG that need to give there heads a shake. The unions involved also are a major in fact I would say the biggest factor in the increse of the rates for hydro.

Take a look at the Hydro One and OPG salary growth grid and you will see it is almost directly inline with the climb of your Hydro Bill.

Its the old government addage at H1 and OPG, Well we applied for the budget lets make sure we overspend it so we get more next time.

That sounds more like it. The fact that people believe that they actually subsidized electricity for all these years is hilarious.

The only good thing about privatization is, we'd get to get rid of these over payed government workers, that keep crying for more money!! Then we would give it in one lump sum to the CEOs like in America. :wallbash:

The fact that they are saying the Hydro Canada was losing money, is a bunch of crock, so they can sell us off to the highest bidder and put money in their pocket. My suspicion is that even though they said they didn't privatize it? They did. WHich would explain the "private companies" involved.

I heard Niagara alone was supplying enough energy for Ontario and half of the northern parts of the North East USA. Thats probably why we pay more for our own electricity. To subsidize American Hydro. Its funny how a problem in the OHIO grid blacked out Ontario too......

These figures of Nuclear plants costing in the billions is a joke. Canada's first plant cost like 90 million, 40 years ago. I doubt its anywhere near $1 billion. But like everything the government pays for, it usually over pays people for services(as a thank you for campaign donors and supporters.) Plus they put tax payers money back into their pockets.

We need more nuclear plants, since they closed down two and we only have 3 running.We should open up some more biomass plants to take car of the garbage problem also.

Guest Johnny Bass

I wonder what would happen to those nest eggs if the American economy collapsed and their dollar became worthless?

I wonder what would happen to those nest eggs if the American economy collapsed and their dollar became worthless?

Your economy is much more tied into ours than you can even imagine....so if our nest eggs go so does yours...... :whistling:

Watch what you wish for.... :o

Guest Johnny Bass

Your economy is much more tied into ours than you can even imagine....so if our nest eggs go so does yours...... :whistling:

Watch what you wish for.... :o

I doubt that very much. We are a resource based economy. We wouldn't get hit as hard. Canada has everything it needs to sustain itself. The USA depends on Canada for Oil, Hydro, Natural gas, ect...

The reason why our economy is tied to the USA is thanks to free trade. Mulrooney sold us out. Which is not surprising, since him and Bush belong to the same millionaires club.

Now foreigners are buying up everything in Canada.Foreign corporations now run the show.

I want McGuinty out(not that a conservative would fair any better), but I want a Liberal(preferably French) prime minister. Or we will be talking Chinese and east Indian soon.

Edited by Johnny Bass

electricity and oil.2 things that we simply can not live without and the gov knows it.The options for both are numerous but the Gov burries patents for alternate energy solutions beneath tons of paperwork.So much, that inventors and people with real viable solutions go bankrupt before they can realize any of the ideas.Then the Gov purchases the patent for penneys and throws it in the can.

The only viable solution is a coup d'etait.Bring the Gov to its knees and start all over with new ideals and new blood.The every day folk like you and i.You dont need a degree in ploitical science to budget and spend money responsibly.

Cripes, my wife would make a better finance minister than the one we got.I'd like to see them try and squeeze an extra billion outta her pocket !!! believe me...i've tried !!blush.gif

But, alas, we are sheep aren't we.Anytime someone asks us we are always"NOT BAHHHHHED"

I can see us storming the house of commons with the plastic knives and forks weapons they give us to fight with.WHAT A FREAKIN LAFF, EH !!!!!

Until we grow the balls necessary to do what we say we are going to do,lets all get shafted up the yingyang until we holler for more.The way i see it anyways.

Phew, that felt good.What do you think BB.

I doubt that very much. We are a resource based economy. We wouldn't get hit as hard. Canada has everything it needs to sustain itself. The USA depends on Canada for Oil, Hydro, Natural gas, ect...

You need to do some NEW research...yes we are getting oil, natural gas and some electric but we have recently found a friggin LOT of oil and gas here and are sitting on most of it until need be...and once we develop none fossil fuels and energy sources then many countries including Canada will be looking for other sources of income.

BTW if we stopped sending Alaska oil to Japan we might even have enough on that alone....

And still the US dollar is stronger then the Lonnie.....so with a weaker dollar and EXTREMELY HIGH electric rates....who's better off.... :whistling:

You need to do some NEW research...yes we are getting oil, natural gas and some electric but we have recently found a friggin LOT of oil and gas here and are sitting on most of it until need be...and once we develop none fossil fuels and energy sources then many countries including Canada will be looking for other sources of income.

BTW if we stopped sending Alaska oil to Japan we might even have enough on that alone....

And still the US dollar is stronger then the Lonnie.....so with Canada's weaker dollar and EXTREMELY HIGH electric rates....who's better off.... :whistling:

Guest Johnny Bass

electricity and oil.2 things that we simply can not live without and the gov knows it.The options for both are numerous but the Gov burries patents for alternate energy solutions beneath tons of paperwork.So much, that inventors and people with real viable solutions go bankrupt before they can realize any of the ideas.Then the Gov purchases the patent for penneys and throws it in the can.

The only viable solution is a coup d'etait.Bring the Gov to its knees and start all over with new ideals and new blood.The every day folk like you and i.You dont need a degree in ploitical science to budget and spend money responsibly.

Cripes, my wife would make a better finance minister than the one we got.I'd like to see them try and squeeze an extra billion outta her pocket !!! believe me...i've tried !!blush.gif

But, alas, we are sheep aren't we.Anytime someone asks us we are always"NOT BAHHHHHED"

I can see us storming the house of commons with the plastic knives and forks weapons they give us to fight with.WHAT A FREAKIN LAFF, EH !!!!!

Until we grow the balls necessary to do what we say we are going to do,lets all get shafted up the yingyang until we holler for more.The way i see it anyways.

Like I've been saying all along Mercmen. Canadians are too complacent....The French are probably the most rebellious lot.

The only reason the gov can get away with this crap is that we allow it.

I was going to start my own political movement but has proven to be more costly then I thought. But I'm still considering it! :angry:

I think you hit the liberal yingyang right on the head....enough to make me double post today....

If we attack all liberal politicians from the north and south we can win but will be have enough good 'Ole COLD Canadian Beer to go around to celebrate ? ? ?

Guest Johnny Bass

And still the US dollar is stronger then the Lonnie.....so with Canada's weaker dollar and EXTREMELY HIGH electric rates....who's better off.... :whistling:

I've done some new research. Your government is all talk.If you had all this oil and gas? Why you still purchasing from Canada? Why is all of Northern USA homes being heated by Canadian resources? Obama is saying they will lead in alternate energy sources but so far, nothing on the horizen.

If America stopped providing resources to its colonies, they'd lose more then they make.lol

The US dollar is at par with the Loonie. Secondly? The international community is losing confidence in the dollar as the international reserve currency. If that were to happen? Your dollar would do a nose dive. The only thing propping up the dollar right now is Asia is buying American debt and reserve currency.

Let me know when America no longer needs Canadian resources.LOL