HYDRO PRICE GOING UP......

BUSTER

As far as I know, my parent's electric and water bill went up almost doubled after July....I kind of blame the HST for that, but we still don't know where the extra fees are...

And I did hear about the 10% lower for January.....

Please explain to me the scary stuff you said.

NO.. they're going to give you a one time 10% rebate to try and buy you off!!!

Of course it's going up... we're only paying on average 7 cents per kilowatt.. yet they are giving every tom dick and harry 80 CENTS per kilowatt to put up solar panels and back feed the grid! Whom do you think is going to pay for that 73 cent spread????

I've about had enough.. considering my average monthly hydro bill here at the house is currently $620.. yes per month... and no I'm not running a grow op...

Edited by irishfield

I'm on Hydro One.. period. Bill by meter reading.. time of use isn't in effect yet up here as they don't have receivers for all these stupid smart meters they installed....that they are going to program people like sheep to do their laundry at 2am. Once they get everyone on cycle.. they'll reverse the on and off peak times to put it to you some more.

Oh.. and as for your asking of where Buster heard this.. right out of the mouth of the industry minister in the house of commons today, no matter what the company that you work for is telling you to tell the "sheep".

Edited by irishfield

LDC's will pay for the clean energy that is produced through the FIT program from the OPA.

LDC's can't charge you more than the market price which is set by the OEB and as i previously stated, it does change twice a year.

$620 per month is quite a lot and do you know what pricing system your on? Are you on tiered pricing, TOU (time of use) or fix rate with a marketer?

Maybe i can help you lower your bill.

Atleast you knocked on the www,instead of on the door at 8:30 at night. :wallbash:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you obtain this info or how was it calculated?

Hydro is suppose to be going down 10% effective Jan 2011. It may take a few months before it reflects depending the billing cycle.

Electric prices change twice a year, May 1 (summer season) and Nov 1 (winter season).

As of Nov 1, tiered pricing went down .1 cent and for TOU off-peak went down .2 cents.

CTV 6pm news :canadian:

They programmed you well Mr Fisher... "Shift most of your consumption". Who's kidding who.. Fridge runs 24 hours a day.. furnace circulation fan runs 24 hours a day. Heat no matter the source runs 24 hours a day. The only variable there is is when you do your laundry! So all those things that run 24 hours a day are going to cost more once we get on TOU.. no matter how you look at it. It's a grab and then it's going to go thru the roof to pay for this rediculous spread to cover that 73 cents / KW they're paying solar farms etc. Just build another couple nuclear plants, they have less imprint on the earth and polution than the offshore production of those panels.

last year i paid 1900 electricity for the year.My house was built in 1941, so since i bought in 99 i have reinsulated the whole place, changed all the windows and ext doors,caulked, re ventilated the roof, changed all my lites to compact floresent and installed a gas fireplace.Changed all my appliances for energy star rated.last year i didnt even start my electric basedboards on the main floor.cost me less than 600 on propane to heat all winter.

I keep the temp at 23 c, Quebec Hydro is still relatively cheap, but i'm always looking to save somewhere.Those big screen HD tvs we all have suck up the electricity even when they are off.if you have it set to instant on, its like a 250 watt bulb burning 24/7.

Thats the only way to lower your hydro bill, cause they will always find a way to justify an increase.

what really burns my asshat.gif is when they sell it to our neighbors for les than they charge us.mad.gif

They programmed you well Mr Fisher... "Shift most of your consumption". Who's kidding who.. Fridge runs 24 hours a day.. furnace circulation fan runs 24 hours a day. Heat no matter the source runs 24 hours a day. The only variable there is is when you do your laundry! So all those things that run 24 hours a day are going to cost more once we get on TOU.. no matter how you look at it. It's a grab and then it's going to go thru the roof to pay for this rediculous spread to cover that 73 cents / KW they're paying solar farms etc. Just build another couple nuclear plants, they have less imprint on the earth and polution than the offshore production of those panels.

excellent points Wayne.Its time the Gov and the big corps stop thinking about us like naive,brainless,idiots and start seeing us as inteligent money smart consumers.

Lucky for you Wayne,you live far enough out, that you dont have them knocking on yer door and trying tell you,you dont understand,can I see yer bill and show you. I keep saying I pay 35 bux a month, dont care. Oh did I say 35 bux. SRY didnt mean to rub it in. Then again,I dont have a nice bush behind my house with tastey wild life walking around all the time :whistling::sarcasm: . The price ya got to pay for that.

Go back a bunch of posts... I am paying Hydro One.. no marked up marketer pricing.

Where exactly do you think the 80 cents per Kilowatt they are paying everyone that puts up a solar panel is going to come from?? .. you really aren't that programmed or nieve are you?

..and as for the digital meter being more accurate, the only one it may benefit is Hydro One. The old movement meters would slow as the bearings wore out. My own.. no changes in monthly consumption readings when the smart meter was installed.

Edited by irishfield

well said wayne... Moved into my place 4 years ago bill was around 80 now its up to 180 /200 .... I understand my applinces are now 4 years old and i have added a beer fridge but come on how can it go up so much to top it off ... we also have to pay water and sewer.. what can one do. Well time to go fishing crap gas is at 110.4 cant get gas should have keeped the conoe...

They screwed us all, strik, after Ontario Hydro was "handed over" to Hydro One.... while they were bound by regulation to x cents per kilowatt and having to get permission for price per kilowatt raises... they changed from charging an $18.95 Service Charge for delivery to property whether you used it or not.. to a delivery charge based on use + hidden costs + debt pay down. This side of the bill is generally more than the usage side now and with apparently no regulation as to how they come up with those amounts. That is how your bill more than doubled in the past 4 years. I'm in the same boat.. ours use to be around $300 per month....and the price per kw really hasn't changed significantly over the years.

And no I'm not a nieve consumer.. I'm an Electro-Mechanical Engineer and can probably calculate the load in the house within a few amps without getting out one of my, 3, amp probes.

Oh.. and I truly do know whom I am paying. I wouldn't let a second class marketer within 100 feet of the door. That gives me 1100 feet to sight him in after he enters the property!

Edited by irishfield