Anybody go to the Sportsmens Show today?

Kawartha Kev

I was thinking of taking a pass on the show this year because it was SO crowded the day I went last year - but if NOBODY is going.... :dunno:

I'll watch here to see if anyone posts a favourable review!

I'm heading up there tomorrow afternoon... hoping for a deal on a new baitcaster!

Part of the mathematical problem with "deals", is that no one includes the price of travel/parking/lunch to the price of whatever you're buying, so unless they practically give you what you're looking for, there are no deals. It's much cheaper to go to any of the stores and buy it outright. If you want to go there and browse without buying, then that's entertainment.

Was there yesterday.

Didn't get to wander too much, so can't really comment on the booths and what is available. There is a hot looking Legend bass boat there, first one I've seen in person. The show was not insanely busy, but it wasn't dead either.

It might just be my sickness (fishing addiction), but just wandering the show a little starts getting me excited and seeing the open water at Ontario Place and knowing that fishing out of a boat is just around the corner makes it such a good time of year after a brutal and painful winter.

I think the last time I bought something at one of the shows (other than over priced food) was 1999 or so. Still like to go to the shows though. It's entertainment and good to see the familiar faces that you don't see most of the winter.

Charles

"Fisherman" hit it right on the head! Factoring family admission, I can get an awful lot of stuff at BPS or LeBarons - usually without the crowds. Of course I could end up spending a lot more at these places. Entertainment or bargain hunting? :dunno:

I was there. It was so exciting that I decided to buy 10 items. :thumbsup_anim:

Package of 10 jigheads 1/64 $2.45

There goes my big bucks!! Ok I did my part for the show. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by dsn

Part of the mathematical problem with "deals", is that no one includes the price of travel/parking/lunch to the price of whatever you're buying, so unless they practically give you what you're looking for, there are no deals. It's much cheaper to go to any of the stores and buy it outright. If you want to go there and browse without buying, then that's entertainment.

Why can't it be entertainment WITH deals?

Nope, Not Me.

Admission price is ridiculous, they charge you a fee to go and spend your hard earned dollars!!!!!!!!!!!

-Parking cost is out of range, you pay for what???? A spot to place your vehicle so you can enter

the show to - once again- spend your hard earned dollars.

Pack a lunch so you do not have to pay - your hard earned dollars- for the over priced food and drinks.

Just my opinion---but I have no intention of going..........

Sarmoti.

Well we went, and was totally disappointed! And my hubby LOVES the sportsman shows....He wanted to buy some decent boots but there was none to be had, plus 5 vendors we bought from last year only one of them was there and he didn't know if he would come back.....Alot of the vendors was talking about the prices going up on the booths too, one owner said something about another Early Spring show in February was really good, said they would go there next year. We live about an hour north and by the time we went and back we spent 60.00 for food, gas, parking, and to get in......We decided we are not going next year......

Lorissa

Go to Sportsman Show and check out the movie from 1954. A little corny, but it makes you realize that they had way more to offer over 50 years ago. I remember going as a kid and there would be a whole building for the resort operators (in fact I still remember that from 25-30 years ago), a whole building for vendors, the upstairs would contain more vendors, and the dogs ran every night and they could maintain large crowds for 10 days.

Lots of great memories, but sadly, it is only a shadow of itself. :(

Go to Sportsman Show and check out the movie from 1954. A little corny, but it makes you realize that they had way more to offer over 50 years ago. I remember going as a kid and there would be a whole building for the resort operators (in fact I still remember that from 25-30 years ago), a whole building for vendors, the upstairs would contain more vendors, and the dogs ran every night and they could maintain large crowds for 10 days.

Lots of great memories, but sadly, it is only a shadow of itself. :(

Rog I got a chill from that. Brought back memories like you say,LOTS AND LOTS of stuff to do and see. Hell it was even more interactive back then.Ah to be a kid again.LOL Well back in the earlly 70,s.LOL

They sure did wear different camo back then. Long coats and ties.

Hey how about those corn dogs :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Rog.

Edited by misfish

Lorissa; next time hubby needs boots, come around to this side of thelake at the Cookstown outllet mall 89&400, and go in there to see Heberts, it's a shop for boots and shoes and I doubt you'll leave empty handed.

If I take him there, we will be there from opening til closing, hhhhmmm but that would be to my advantage too! We're going! Shopping! See it works this way, he pays over 200 for boots then feels guilty. So when I ask for something under 10.00, this guilt applies! So thanx!

Lorissa