It's official I finally got my Canadian Green Card

aplumma

I received a card that is shaped like a credit card in the mail today from The MNR called an outdoor card.It is green in color and has all of the information that I fill out when I get my fishing license when I visit up North. I am not sure what it covers/use is? Does this mean I am finally officially a Canadian? Please answer quickly before I sell my house and higher a moving van to start the move to my new home.

Art

You mean my Northern dream card is actually another way for me to pay money to a governmental program? No Way y'all have got to be jerkin me around..... :sarcasm: O well I guess I will use it to jimmy open doors down South here till next year when I go back North.

Art

lets you pay "resident " pricing for hunting and fishing ... that's it... hire the moving van any way.... come on up... there's lotsa room here for ya.

Outdoors Card?... not just a fishing card?... that's a good thing.. also lets you apply for a Tag and hunt as a citizen of Ontario.

Randy

:canadian:

I have the same card Art :D

I din't mind paying for it, it was supposed to make it easier for us to obtain future licenses which it hasn't

I also have the same card but did mind paying for it as I recognized just another government money grab. Good for 3 years but I didn't take a Canadian fishing trip this year so it's only good for two years at best...maybe one.. :whistling:

On the bright side of this.......ah, have really thought of one yet... :wallbash:

lets you pay "resident " pricing for hunting and fishing ... that's it...

Randy

Randy, I don't think that is correct.......I had to purchase a non-resident fishing license that does cost more than the one you purchased. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Bob

Randy it is more than likely just the fishin card. It is labeled as an outdoor card but in red it Says Fishing Peche which I assume is Fishing in French. I guess this means I cant hunt any "citizens of Ontario."

Why should this card act any different than my other ATM cards?

Phil I am happy to be a member of the Canadian Governments machine for all of the great times and memories I have from up North it is small price to pay.

Art

here is what the official web site says... is this more or less than the residential fees?

BTW this is not a post I put up to get a debate going make a joke and then move on with it please.

Art

Non-Canadian Resident Temporary Fishing Outdoors Card and Application only. Valid for three years. Annual licence tags must be purchased. License issuers throughout the province

$9.68

Base Price $8.57

HST $1.11

One-year Sport Fishing Licence Tag (for holders of a valid Outdoors Card) Licence issuers throughout the province

$74.79

Base Price $66.19

HST $8.60

One-year Conservation Fishing Licence Tag (for holders of a valid Outdoors Card) Licence issuers throughout the province

$46.00

Base Price $40.71

HST $5.29

Eight-day Sport Fishing Licence * Licence issuers throughout the province

$47.89

Base Price $42.38

HST $5.51

Eight-day Conservation Fishing Licence * Licence issuers throughout the province

$27.71

Base Price $24.52

HST $3.19

One-Day Sport Fishing Licence Available from many charter boat operators and licence issuers.

$20.18

Base Price $17.86

HST $2.32

Non-Canadian Resident Angling Licence for a Member of an Organized Camp Selected ServiceOntario offices

$4.85 per child

Base Price $4.29

HST $0.56

Lake St. Joseph tags Lake St. Joseph tourist operator from whom accommodation is obtained

No charge

* Eight-day fishing licences are valid for eight consecutive calendar days. A calendar day is a 24-hour period starting at 12:00 midnight.

I hate to admit to it....but now I am more confused than before....so do non-residents pay more or the same as a Ontario Resident for a fishing license after you already posses a "Outdoor Card"

Bob

I think that it's the same... but what picture appears on your cards?

Turkeys or Smallies?

outdoorcard.jpg

198521.jpg

Randy

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Yup. Mine is green with what appears to be a bass on it. Also has Fishing Pesche. HA - Now if I could only catch some.

But, it must be worth it. I spend more time on the water in Ontario than I do here in my own home state. 30+ bucks here for a license and trout stamp - and I have yet to catch a fish here in PA. But, I've only been out one time for a few hours.

Edited by Rich Clemens

Yup. Mine is green with what appears to be a bass on it. Also has Fishing Pesche. HA - Now if I could only catch some.

But, it must be worth it. I spend more time on the water in Ontario than I do here in my own home state. 30+ bucks here for a license and trout stamp - and I have yet to catch a fish here in PA. But, I've only been out one time for a few hours.

There is a real good SECRET spot in PA that have produced a LOT of Bass and Walleyes........I could tell you where but then it wouldn't be a Secret spot........well OK, since you have been a faithful member here I will give you a small hint.....tow your boat north until you come to this small pond called LAKE ERIE.... :Gonefishing: ......if you can't catch fish in this pond, give up fishing and take up golf... :sarcasm:

Randy it is more than likely just the fishin card. It is labeled as an outdoor card but in red it Says Fishing Peche which I assume is Fishing in French. I guess this means I cant hunt any "citizens of Ontario."

Why should this card act any different than my other ATM cards?

Phil I am happy to be a member of the Canadian Governments machine for all of the great times and memories I have from up North it is small price to pay.

Art

Art I feel the same way, small price to pay for a privilege to enjoy ourselves.

My comment on the "easier" part was I thought #1 we would be able to purchase our licenses online which isn't the case yet. On some of my trips it's been a hassle trying to find a place that is open to purchase one and #2 we wouldn't have to give all our info when we renewed.

Having the "Green Card" does not get us a discount on licenses and I always feel like I get my money's worth :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Whopper

Art I feel the same way, small price to pay for a privilege to enjoy ourselves.

My comment on the "easier" part was I thought #1 we would be able to purchase our licenses online which isn't the case yet. On some of my trips it's been a hassle trying to find a place that is open to purchase one and #2 we wouldn't have to give all our info when we renewed.

Having the "Green Card" does not get us a discount on licenses and I always feel like I get my money's worth :thumbsup_anim:

I have to disagree about a small price to pay to enjoy ourselves....you see I may be older than most here and can remember when there was no "Outdoor Card" (money grab) and the non-resident licenses were about $10 and the residents of Ontario didn't need a fishing license AND the fishing was even better back then before the government got too involved. But hey, that's only me remembering the GOOD 'OLE DAYS... :whistling:

Bob

I like the way New York does it. I get my non resident online in minutes every year so I can enjoy both sides of the Niagara River.

That being said, if you do not like the Ontario licencing fees Billy Bob you do not have to buy one. As for it being free before in the good old days I guess things changed in New York State as well because the last I heard you have to pay for them there and everywhere else now too. It not just us commie pinko northerners. just having some fun with ya man. :-)

I have to disagree about a small price to pay to enjoy ourselves....you see I may be older than most here and can remember when there was no "Outdoor Card" (money grab) and the non-resident licenses were about $10 and the residents of Ontario didn't need a fishing license AND the fishing was even better back then before the government got too involved. But hey, that's only me remembering the GOOD 'OLE DAYS... :whistling:

Bob

Bob I'm no youngster :whistling:

The cost of everything ain't like it used to be. I could complain about traveling the thruway in your state, Cripes PN state line to Utica NY used to be free also,then it was pocket change now one has take a loan out, but I still won't complain because I choose to visit there.

My first trip to Ontario 1973 the exchange rate was upside down, I had a hard time understanding why I would have to give an extra ten cents on a dollar, I sucked it up.

As far as the good ole days I can also remember many years where the exchange rate was way in our favor (50 to 60%)I believe we are about par now.

As far as the fishing or should I say "catching" it all depends on where you go in Ontario, places I've been to in the last few years with the exception of Nipissing, it's hard to believe at any time it was too much better

Edited by Whopper

I received a card that is shaped like a credit card in the mail today from The MNR called an outdoor card.It is green in color and has all of the information that I fill out when I get my fishing license when I visit up North. I am not sure what it covers/use is? Does this mean I am finally officially a Canadian? Please answer quickly before I sell my house and higher a moving van to start the move to my new home.

Art

Hey Art...

When you apply for your yearly license and the guy sez to not forget to "stick it" the card gives you a place to put the sticker...

Sounds like the next step will be to issue a three year license along with the three year plastic card for non-residents...

Cheers Mate