minn kota power drive foot pedal

bobkayla

I'm on my 3rd pedal . These pedals don't stand up to the wear and tear. My next trolling motor will be a cable foot pedal instead of the PD. Sounds like you have the same problem i had. I believe it's just under $100 to buy a new pedal. I got my new pedal from Rocky's in Orillia. Very good and quick service.

I've had the same problem here....I replaced it once. but it gave up one me a few more times afterward so I took the pedal apart and sprayed the circuit board with non chlorinated electrical contact cleaner and it cured the problem ...worked for me ... might not work at your end. It's worth a try.

Randy

:canadian:

A lot of the issues with the foot petals are because of moisture drying on the board and making a short on the circuit board. A cleaning with electrical cleaner works wonders and if it gets wet bring it inside a warm area to dry it off before storing it in a dry location between uses. Storing it in a baggy with desiccant packs in it will also go along way

Art

Yep - a pain in the butt. I have gone through 4 and this year I went and bought a cable version instead. Just as responsive and no issues so far.

Good luck.

the foot pedal on my minnkota is not responding to the left turn it is the one with the circut board ,,, anyone have trouble with these pedals

Edited by musky_man

You can convert many of those units to remote control.

The remote is like a wrist-watch type of unit.

I think that the conversion kit is about $300.00 but it permanently cures the pedal problem. Of coarse there is also the convenience of being able to control the trolling motor from anywhere on the boat.

You can convert many of those units to remote control.

The remote is like a wrist-watch type of unit.

I think that the conversion kit is about $300.00 but it permanently cures the pedal problem. Of coarse there is also the convenience of being able to control the trolling motor from anywhere on the boat.

I need both hands for fishing...Foot control is the only way to go!

I went through two and the third one I am using now also have hiccups from time to time. LB's price is ok but these things are not cheap at about $70! I also had the control unit's circuit board gone dead and had it repaired by Aikman (sp?). My Minn Kota PD constantly gives me trouble and I never know when it will quit working altogether, esp when I'm on a week long fishing trip.

I always have a spare. I also don't baby mine. It sits in my boat all the time, no covers, and not protected at all. I swear, this one has taken the most abuse, and lasted the longest. Maybe I"m onto something. I used to make sure it was out of the elements, and put a way properly, but this one has been going for a while now with no issues just sitting in the uncovered boat since ice out.

S.