re-introduction

Sis

I've been a member of this board for the past 8 yrs but haven't been active for the last few. Sometimes life throws stuff at us that need to be dealt with and I've been dealing with mine.

I go by the nickname Sis and am the "spouse" of DanC. I count quite a few people on here good friends including Joey, Roy, Gerritt, Spiel, Ron and Jeffy (TEP) just to name a few.

One of the greatest things about this board is how everyone stands together to help a member and I will go above and beyond to do that.

So just for clarification, I am not a scammer and if someone had just bothered to check my profile, probably would have realized that.

Edited by Sis

thanks everyone! Good to be back! I won't be contributing much to the fishing board as I haven't even been out in the boat yet this year with Dan up in Red Lake for the past 6 months. I'm usually busy chasing our 3 yr old grandson who lives with us for the better part of the day.

I am wondering though, if Roger Mayer and I still hold the record for the most replies generated in one hour? Anyone remember that one? LOL

Heya Sis, I definately miss your posts on here, you were always a great contributor to this board, and a barrel of laughs aswell. I remember when I joined you welcomed me with open arms and I've felt like your sister ever since.

I know we talk off site, but its nice to have you back on OFC :thumbsup_anim:

And I agree, if someone had checked your profile, it would have been a smart idea rather than the fallout we are dealing with now :(

Joey

Edited by Joey

ha ha ha @ pink fish. I"ll have to see if I can find it again. Nice to see that I'm remembered lol. The biggest reason I did the re introduction, was because I'd pm'd a ton of people for something that shall remain unamed, but if your nick fell between M-Z, you probably got one from me. Well, one of those members reported me to the mods for scamming and opened a great big ol' can of worms (not the fishing kind) Things have since smoothed over but I was really upset about it yesterday. And to be honest, I hope whomever did it, feels like a complete arse :asshat: now and knows that a mods wife wouldn't be trying to scam anyone on here.

This board is probably the biggest family in the world and it never fails to amaze me how we all pull together to help someone. Gerritt is the first person that comes to mind for me because I cried right along with him when Terry passed away, as did so many others. It wasn't the first time this board reached out to help someone and definitely not the last. Thank God for that

I do have a question though, Dan and I have both tried to be logged in to the board at the same time and one of us always gets booted out. We're guessing it's some kind of security setting for ip addresses but not sure. Anyone else experience this?

I'll also try and get some pics up soon lol.

Thanks again everyone

Sis

Edited by Sis

then if almost has to be part of the programing of this website, a security feature I guess

you can find a ip proxy site and one of you use it and the problem will be solved

the best thing to do is

if you use firefox then set it up on IE and only use it for this website. that way you don;t have to keep turning the proxy on and off

http://www.google.ca/search?q=ip+proxy+site&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Sorry, have no clue how to do multiple quote responses, but here goes...............

I've been a member of this board for the past 8 yrs but haven't been active for the last few. Sometimes life throws stuff at us that need to be dealt with and I've been dealing with mine.

I go by the nickname Sis and am the "spouse" of DanC. I count quite a few people on here good friends including Joey, Roy, Gerritt, Spiel, Ron and Jeffy (TEP) just to name a few.

One of the greatest things about this board is how everyone stands together to help a member and I will go above and beyond to do that.

So just for clarification, I am not a scammer and if someone had just bothered to check my profile, probably would have realized that.

Hey Nita, welcome back. All is right in the world today with you back on the board. Just got your pm this morning(wasn't on the pc much Saturday, and was fishing Sunday).

"thanks everyone! Good to be back! I won't be contributing much to the fishing board as I haven't even been out in the boat yet this year with Dan up in Red Lake for the past 6 months. I'm usually busy chasing our 3 yr old grandson who lives with us for the better part of the day.

I am wondering though, if Roger Mayer and I still hold the record for the most replies generated in one hour? Anyone remember that one? LOL"

YUP, remember that one, that's pretty much the day when I joined this board, didn't know what the heck was going on, but it was hilarious. Some posts that have been locked down may have more replies, but I doubt an unlocked post has beat that one.

"I remember that

but sadly , Mahumba doesn't visit here anymore....unless he changed his name"

he has not changed his username, he is just busy. He does read this board frequently though.

"Been a while sis,good to see you back.I do remember the Roger Mayer and you post.You would be surprised how many old posters still lurk and communicate thru PMs here.

Joe "

Hey, you callin' me old?????

"ha ha ha @ pink fish. I"ll have to see if I can find it again. Nice to see that I'm remembered lol. The biggest reason I did the re introduction, was because I'd pm'd a ton of people for something that shall remain unamed, but if your nick fell between M-Z, you probably got one from me. Well, one of those members reported me to the mods for scamming and opened a great big ol' can of worms (not the fishing kind) Things have since smoothed over but I was really upset about it yesterday. And to be honest, I hope whomever did it, feels like a complete arse :asshat: now and knows that a mods wife wouldn't be trying to scam anyone on here.

This board is probably the biggest family in the world and it never fails to amaze me how we all pull together to help someone. Gerritt is the first person that comes to mind for me because I cried right along with him when Terry passed away, as did so many others. It wasn't the first time this board reached out to help someone and definitely not the last. Thank God for that

I do have a question though, Dan and I have both tried to be logged in to the board at the same time and one of us always gets booted out. We're guessing it's some kind of security setting for ip addresses but not sure. Anyone else experience this?

I'll also try and get some pics up soon lol.

Thanks again everyone

Sis "

don't worry yourself about it, the mods know who you are. As for getting booted out, not sure. Dan is in Red Lake, you are at home, should be no issue. Try a different browser.

I don't think this is the avatar, but it is close.

http://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/uploads/av-16.jpg

Thank you Terry! I don't remember the shades, but Dan insists that it is the correct avatar lol.

Tom, thank you for the reply and the phone call. It was really nice talking to you! Dan and I would like to extend an invitation to stop over. I don't usually go very far these days with the little tornado constantly attached to me lol.

In fact, going to drive out to Stanley with him shortly and let him mess up my dads house!