Merland Park facebook page

Shaun Rickard

Me too. I also became a fan other resorts after staying at Merlands once.

as have many of us... want mouse turds with you're steak? or the dock of death?... where paying for a slip means nothing... then become a fan!

fanboys unite,

G

yeah but the BOQ trips have never been the same once most of us started staying at many different places

we really need to find a place big enough and close enough on the water to suit everyone

Terry, I was Told by Joe (HH) that I must go this year but there is NO WAY I will stay at a resort that ask's for your cash and doesn't give a "mouse's" xxx about you other then when it's time to pay.

I can deal with the vermon, not an issue, but the operators are an issue when I spend my hard earned $$ to be there...

as have many of us... want mouse turds with you're steak? or the dock of death?... where paying for a slip means nothing... then become a fan!

fanboys unite,

G

But how many people can you fit in a cabin? And who almost got hit by your truck while it was luge'ing down the boat ramp?

So I gather this is not the place to book a trip with to the B.O.Q.? Anyone care to elaborate cause I am booked there for the end of November. Our reason for booking there was #1 the location and we got a nice cabin. Are there other camps in the same general location that I should look into for next year?

So I gather this is not the place to book a trip with to the B.O.Q.? Anyone care to elaborate cause I am booked there for the end of November. Our reason for booking there was #1 the location and we got a nice cabin. Are there other camps in the same general location that I should look into for next year?

You'll be fine there. You've got to understand that the mood of a thread is set at the very start of it. People like jumping on someone who's down...it's almost as though they've never made a mistake themselves. I've never had problems at Merland but then... I've never needed an owner of a camp to kiss my butt because I had given them a few bucks for the use of a cottage. When we go there, it's November. It's a sure thing that you'll have frost/ice on the docks. All the tough guys who rant about their expertise in the bush who are complaining here should probably sleep at a Holiday Inn and get a taxi to bring them to their boat in the mornings. I have a little more to say but I'll leave it at that.

Fish_Fishburn, have a great time there, catch lots and send us a report when you're back.

Thanks Roy. I was feeling the same about the previous posts. Sounds like alot of sour grapes to me. I am going there to fish,drink and eat in that order. I don't really care if I see the owners during my stay unless I need them for something. We have the Mikey Bigfish cabin right on the water and I can't wait. If there is anyone else going to be staying or around there let me know, Our gang will be there from Nov 25 to the 28.

You'll be fine there. You've got to understand that the mood of a thread is set at the very start of it. People like jumping on someone who's down...it's almost as though they've never made a mistake themselves. I've never had problems at Merland but then... I've never needed an owner of a camp to kiss my butt because I had given them a few bucks for the use of a cottage. When we go there, it's November. It's a sure thing that you'll have frost/ice on the docks. All the tough guys who rant about their expertise in the bush who are complaining here should probably sleep at a Holiday Inn and get a taxi to bring them to their boat in the mornings. I have a little more to say but I'll leave it at that.

Fish_Fishburn, have a great time there, catch lots and send us a report when you're back.

Maybe so Roy but my comment had nothing to do with OFC.

It was completely unrelated and happened years before the current distate towards Merlands surfaced on OFC.

From my perspective it just confirmed what I already knew.

Edited by solopaddler

I understand, Mike. I respect you as a fisherman and all around good guy. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. I just gave mine is all. You gave your opinion and that's cool...I gave mine and that should be cool too. We have a member who has booked there for November with some friends let's let him make up his own mind. Crap might have happened a few years ago...let it go. No one has said anything about what Kevin has done to rectify any problems that might have occured in the past. It's kind of like a gang mentality. I'm sorry you had a bad time there. Maybe I'm just not as fussy as you are. Lord willing, I'll make it out there again in the late fall this year. I'll be there for the fishing and comraderie. It's a good place for everyone to get together in the same spot.

EDIT: And I don't know the Lavers at all. Would not recognize them on the street.

I've only ever stayed at Merlins once and that was the 1st ever OFC fall g2g a few years back and it was a very positive experience.

Myself & 3 others had a cabin booked and when I got there early I commented to the owners that the cabin may be too small for our group. Without hesitation they moved us into a large cabin, number 10 if I remember correctly, and only charged us the fee for the small cabin.

I'd go back again.

I agree with you Roy, a gang mentality can quickly get out of hand. And I also agree that a member has indicated that they are booked there and are looking for advice etc...

That being said, I also think it would be contrary to this community’s mission to not let the member know about past problems, members have had there.

As has been mentioned by many here, the advantage that Merlands has over other "resorts" is it's location and it's ability to hold large numbers of people. There are however other options, but those don't include the all "important" fire pit. From my perspective, if folks are being "asked" to forgive perceived short comings at one resort, shouldn't the same be said for one that doesn't have a fire pit? Because really, I am not going there to stare into a fire, I am going to meet up with old friends, make new one's, have few wobbly pops and catch some beauty Pickereyes.

I am sure that regardless whether OFC holds the GTG at Merlands or not, they will have sold out all their cottages with no problem.

I truly hope that the member who posted about having booked into Merlands at the end of November has the time of his life... but based on what gets posted here any time a Quinte GTG is mentioned, I'm not feeling too good about all of us being in the same location... which really is a shame.

HH

Thanks Roy. I was feeling the same about the previous posts. Sounds like alot of sour grapes to me. I am going there to fish,drink and eat in that order. I don't really care if I see the owners during my stay unless I need them for something. We have the Mikey Bigfish cabin right on the water and I can't wait. If there is anyone else going to be staying or around there let me know, Our gang will be there from Nov 25 to the 28.

Fish-Fishburn, I won't get into a back and forth here as to who's wrong and who's right here, as Roy said you be the Judge. All I can tell you is that I was there last week and I stayed in Mikey Big Fish, and the experience was all positive. It's a very nice cabin located on the water close to the docks. We had some great Walleye and Bass action too. I've posted pictures below of some of the fish we caught casting crankbaits along deep weedlines, and the baits that we caught them with. I hope you have a great trip and look forward to reading your report.

Cheers,

Shaun

46133_476152691223_532646223_6988159_1370472_n.jpg

46390_476152721223_532646223_6988162_3148633_n.jpg

46390_476152726223_532646223_6988163_576236_n.jpg

46133_476152701223_532646223_6988161_7673502_n.jpg