What will the fall bring?

bigfish1965

According to David Phillips...

"What you see is what you're going to get," Phillips said.

Nationally, it's a safe bet 2010 will go down as the hottest year on record, he added, noting Canada already posted a record warm winter and spring.

"You'd almost need September snowfalls with brutally cold temperatures for the rest of the year to erase that possibility."

So with a record year and the most of the great lakes near or above record temps, how is that going to affect the fall feed-bag drive for the big predators?

I'm thinking the rest of the softwater season would be awesome! We might see the fish put on the feedbag for a longer time because the water temps don't plummet too quickly. Always have the optimism for a stellar year! :thumbsup_anim:

Only except it would put my ice season late..Hopefully it doesn't start too late..

The hottest summer I remember! but maybe just because I suffer from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhthoff%27s_phenomenon

93f here today in the forecast! and 66f for Saturday? maybe you will get snow up there! That big of a change in temps usually involves some wind and bad weather! Be careful on the water! Sounds like a cold front to me!

It doesn`t make sense to me to burn through a billion years or so of fossil fuel in 150 years and not expect some adverse effects. If you are sitting under a tree you have shade? if you cut the tree down you have firewood? but not for long?

Hottest summer I remember here in Northern Ontario was back in the mid 70s. We had a heat wave in the high 30s with some days hitting 40C.

Oh yeah, that was back when all the headlines and magazine articles were crying about the coming ice-age. Same year I was pulling logs out of the bush through the coldest winter I ever saw. Go figure! After the last couple of cold wet summers, I'm enjoying this one. We haven't seen anything above 30C here. I'm talking real temps, not humidex.

Accueweather.coms winter forcast is for a normal temperature fall and winter and a normal precipitation as well. they did nail it last year when they called for lots of snow to the south of us.

I also read that both cycles in the Atlantic and Pacific are turning to a cold cycle that should last for 10 years.

Didnt think this summer was that hot....just normal hot, guess it was the hot spring that did it.

Definetly the hottest summer since 2005 when we had blackout here during heat.

Thinking this should be a good fall for musky fishing after heat dissapates a little this weekend.

The hottest summer I remember! but maybe just because I suffer from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uhthoff%27s_phenomenon

This has been an issue for me this summer as well, the numerous 100 degree F humidex has been disabling.

Thank goodness for air conditioners!

here in the montreal area, the river is 6-8 feet below normal. Can't count how many people coming off the river with busted props.

there are unmarked sholes and rocks mere inches below the surface. water temp was 77 f last nite.

Sure picked a good time to return to fishing !!!!!!Gonefishing.gif

gotta luv summer

I picked a bad year to go green, wife,kids and myself made a deal to not use AC or the dryer all year,reduce indoor lights by 50% Even reduced using the gen set at camp.Etc. So far so good ,All part of our 13 yr olds school project, hell should have done this years ago, really could have used the A/C this year

As for fishing, it's better than last, hope the hard ice is good.

Last thing, I really wonder what date the Ski-Doo Trails will open, maybe before superbowl this year? :canadian: