ON record smallmouth

sauce

Thanks, the trick is to insert the football, then inflate it. :)

How late in the fall was that caught? Length and weight?

NFL or CFL football, I assume theres a differnece? :lol:

Dirk

Edited by diggyj

Been fishing the Holland River for 15+ years and never caught/seen a bass that big come out of there. Too bad you lost it, it would definitely be cool to see a 7lb bass out of there. Shore or boat fishing?

I can honestly tell you,Terry had one on a few years back.I can swear it would of been seven,possilbly even more.

Guest natron

I caught this bad boy 2 years ago while prefishing for a Simcoe tourney with a buddy. I couldn't get an official weight, because it bottomed out his 6.6lb culling scale. This pig was likely every ounce of 7lbs.

post-317-128267823353_thumb.jpg

Hard to tell from that pic, but if that had any girth at all, I'd venture to say thats 7.5-8lbs

Beautiful fish

LMAO, Harrison that one looks like it never moved away from the feeding spot! Great fish guys! I caught a lot of them, but never one over 22 inches, the real pigs had a habit of swimming away early.

I have seem sixes and sevens, the nice thing about weigh ins, you don`t have to guess. No they weren`t mine!

Some giant fish. Josh - i especially like yours. Its a monster.

Think i need to start weighing fish. I always assumed my "giant bass" were 3-3.5 lbs. May have been bigger. Harrison - you must have thought i was a negative ass when in your contest i guessed your 2 fish to weigh 7.7 lbs. Sorry man. Honestly am under guessing weights.

Edited by cram

Guest natron

Some giant fish. Josh - i especially like yours. Its a monster.

Think i need to start weighing fish. I always assumed my "giant bass" were 3-3.5 lbs. May have been bigger. Harrison - you must have thought i was a negative ass when in your contest i guessed your 2 fish to weigh 7.7 lbs. Sorry man. Honestly am under guessing weights.

better to underestimate than over estimate IMO, lol.

I weighed a walleye for an american tourist this summer who thought he had a 14lber, lol, I broke his heart when I weighed it at 7.3lbs

Been fishing the Holland River for 15+ years and never caught/seen a bass that big come out of there. Too bad you lost it, it would definitely be cool to see a 7lb bass out of there. Shore or boat fishing?

When I was younger, my dad took me to Bradford to fish the Holland River from shore and he caught the biggest LM bass I've ever seen. It was so big I could fit my fist into his mouth. Looking back now it was easily over 7 compared to the fish I catch now and it could of been over 8. I wish I had a picture, but its something I'll never forget.

I haven't fished for bass in years and NEVER weigh fish as the weight of a fish just doesn't seem important to me, but I do carry scales in the boat incase any of my guests want to weigh something.

When I saw this big girl though, I thought she was worthy of putting her on a scales.

I was casting shallow water for musky using a #5 Mepps.

A spring scale put her at 7.14 pounds and a digital showed her at 8.2 pounds. Don't know how accurate the scales were but they were both fairly close to each other.

Whatever it was, she was a definate trophy largemouth.

Cnv0078.jpg

I haven't fished for bass in years and NEVER weigh fish as the weight of a fish just doesn't seem important to me, but I do carry scales in the boat incase any of my guests want to weigh something.

When I saw this big girl though, I thought she was worthy of putting her on a scales.

I was casting shallow water for musky using a #5 Mepps.

A spring scale put her at 7.14 pounds and a digital showed her at 8.2 pounds. Don't know how accurate the scales were but they were both fairly close to each other.

Whatever it was, she was a definate trophy largemouth.

Cnv0078.jpg

Beauty fish Lew, and that smile tells the whole story :rofl2:;)

Awesome largie Lew. A serious trophy even though I know what you fish for woulda probably eaten it.

I've only seen a very few 6s never mind 7s. Any 8+ bass up here is a true super giant and quite possibly the biggest bass in that body of water.

Charles

Guest Johnny Bass

Heres a true Simcoe 7+ that took the 2007 big fish at the bass pro open.Mark and Kenndy are small fellas.LOL

Crazy...That fish looks about 5lbs max......

I hear so many rumors of 8.5 lb largies, yet to see very many over 7. Makes those record fish suspicious. I wouldn't be surprised if they were exaggerated or caught in a pond/fish tank and fed shiners....