Anybody In Lebarons Lately?

Photoz

I'm a 10 year customer of Lebarons . . . . because they're only a 10 minute drive from home, and their prices are good. Today I decided to possibly get another Baitrunner-style reel, go to Lebarons site . . . . ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WITH THE SHIMANO NAME LISTED ANYPLACE? Anybody know what's with that? If they don't keep Shimano products any more, I guess I'll be hittin' Gagnons in Oshawa from now on for gear!

Hey Steve…Angling Specialties in Scarborough sells Shimano products. They don’t have any Shimano baitrunners in stock at the moment but can probably order one in for you. Might be worthwhile asking to save you the 30min trip out east.

Definitely have a look online from US vendors. My friend hit up a couple stores in Texas while on vacation and brought back a half a dozen 6000 Thunnus for $110 (I bought 1 at that price). I’ve seen a couple sales like since then. Even with shipping, it might come out cheaper than what you’d find in Canada.

Call the mississauga store Photoz. I was in there a week or so ago and saw a 5000D baitrunner. Don't quote me but I think it was $158 or something close. It stuck with as I paid $175 at BPS for my 4000D this year - I couldn't find one anywhere else.

The last time I was there they had slashed the prices on all shimano reels. The guy behind the counter told me shimano was cutting the prices on the reels. As a result the reels may be sold out. I was very tempted to buy a Calcutta for under 200$.

I also noticed that they had no trigger x products.

I'm not sure whas happening but I think shimano may be feeling pressure from other reel manufacturers and have lowered their price point to increase market share. Does anyone else know why shimano slashed their prices?

Still lots of Shimano products in the online catalogue.

http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_access_sp10/index.htm

Thanks for the link, but it's the same catalogue I looked at last night . . . . no Shimano reels listed . . . no Shimano rods listed? Where in the online catalogue did you see Shimano products listed? I'm not 'just dying' to get my grubby l'il paws on one . . . . I just got a hankerin' fer a new 'toy' to park on my spare Nexave that's been sitting in my spare room for a couple years. I thought I'd see what Lebaron's had, and was surprised the Shimano name has ben exised right outta their on-line catalogue.I REFUSE to deal 'on-line' as there are just too many pitfalls for the unwary like myself!

Thanks for the link, but it's the same catalogue I looked at last night . . . . no Shimano reels listed . . . no Shimano rods listed? Where in the online catalogue did you see Shimano products listed? I'm not 'just dying' to get my grubby l'il paws on one . . . . I just got a hankerin' fer a new 'toy' to park on my spare Nexave that's been sitting in my spare room for a couple years. I thought I'd see what Lebaron's had, and was surprised the Shimano name has ben exised right outta their on-line catalogue.I REFUSE to deal 'on-line' as there are just too many pitfalls for the unwary like myself!

I can't find anything either other than the few listed combo's on page A right at the start : http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_files_sp10/specials/specials10_a.pdf

I read somewhere there was a accidental deletion of the .pdf or .html file of the Shimano rod and reel files. Pretty sure they are still available, been like that for a month or so on the website.

I noticed the absence and sent LeBaron an email about six weeeks ago. Apprently during the last update of their website catalogue Shimano rods and reels were accidently ommitted. I guess they only update periodically because they have yet to correct it. I was instructed to contact or visit one of their locations to view Shimano products.

Edited by Roe Bag

Guest Johnny Bass

I was in there looking for a reel also and they said that they were having a sale on Shimano, to move some stock so they can bring in more stuff(Like what I was looking for). If they are sold out? Maybe now they can order my reel! Gonna give them a call.

I noticed the absence and sent LeBaron an email about six weeeks ago. Apprently during the last update of their website catalogue Shimano rods and reels were accidently ommitted. I guess they only update periodically because they have yet to correct it. I was instructed to contact or visit one of their locations to view Shimano products.

They have them in stores! They were accidently ommited in the last on line catalogue update!

Edited by Roe Bag

Guest Johnny Bass

Apparently this is not Lebaron's fault. Shimano cannot keep up the demand for products and much of Lebaron's Shimano inventory is on backorder. They are receiving a shipment on Saturday. Whether what I need will be sent, I dont know.